Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CC at Mankato, 10/22-23

I guess somebody had to start a thread.
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Re: CC at Mankato, 10/22-23

Lots of interest in this series, apparently!
    Colorado College Hockey: Finding new and creative ways to break your heart since 1957.
    -dggoddard

Comment

Originally posted by JS Tigers View Post
      Lots of interest in this series, apparently!
      I don't know about the CC end, but a lot of my fellow season-ticket holders here in Mankato are considering making this their last year. It's obvious that the university doesn't care about the program as long as it's not losing money. We figure we have a heck of a shot at being the first WCHA program to finish in twelfth place.

Looking at the performance of the two teams thus far (granted, a very small sample size) it looks like the game will be decided on special teams. CC look fairly good in those areas, MSU has thus far been abysmal. Add in the fact that we can't seem to stay out of the box, and it could be ugly.
      My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

You should start a "Fire Jutting" thread....
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan View Post
          I don't know about the CC end, but a lot of my fellow season-ticket holders here in Mankato are considering making this their last year. It's obvious that the university doesn't care about the program as long as it's not losing money. We figure we have a heck of a shot at being the first WCHA program to finish in twelfth place.
          Sad to see but it looks like MSU is going to be the basement for a long while...

I believe they are going place in 12th.
          Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
          You should start a "Fire Jutting" thread....
          Perhaps that thread could have as many posts as this one!

That thread would have everyone agreeing. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes. And so on and so forth.
          tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Yeah, the "Fire Jutting" thread would be a waste of time. The university doesn't care, and every fan I know already wants him gone.

Comment

I hope Jutting is around for a long long time. Just kidding, but seriously, Jutting is make Lucia look good sometimes. I would think something has to change if that is the case
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                I hope Jutting is around for a long long time. Just kidding, but seriously, Jutting is make Lucia look good sometimes. I would think something has to change if that is the case
                Troy Jutting makes Lucia look like Dean Blais.
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                  Troy Jutting makes Lucia look like Dean Blais.
                  Troy Jutting makes a Pee Wee hockey coach look like Jesus reincarnated
                  "He's an idiot, it comes from upbringing his parents are probably idiots"

Comment

This is my first post of the year and there probably won't be many. I have such empty hope at the beginning of every year and I am always a fan but it is old. "lets just finish ahead of UAA" seemed to be fine with the University. Now we have two more spots to drop. I just hope the young guys stick around and play well enough in the next couple years to compete.

Comment

Originally posted by Gomavs View Post
                      Troy Jutting makes a Pee Wee hockey coach look like Jesus reincarnated
                      Well I was being nice.
                      tUMD Hockey

Comment

CC's play has been spotty at best - I think CC is just what Mankato needs at this time of year. I'm a CC season ticket holder and have nothing but hope in the local squad but this young team the Tiger's slap on the ice is shaky. They have some stars (Jaden Schwartz is amazing) and a good goalie in Joe Howe but the Tiger Defense is suspect. Could be interesting weekend. I predict CC wins on Friday and a tie on Saturday.
                        "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back." -- Herb Brooks

Comment

Well, that surprised me. I thought when CC went up by 2 in the first period, it was over. Mavs got the PP going some tonight. Cook was shaky in goal (again) and I feared every shot that went his way. I expect to see Lee in net for Saturday night. Anyway, a much-needed first win.

Comment

Cook may have been shaky but Joe Howe for the Tigers was miserable. That being said it's not all his fault. The CC defensive pairings need a LONG HARD look by Scotty Owens.
                            "When you pull on that jersey, the name on the front is a hell of alot more important than the one on the back." -- Herb Brooks

Comment

I just hope you did not leave after that first period, so you could stick around and enjoy a Mav's win. I attended both CC at Minn St games in Mankato last year and had a lot of fun with your fans!!
                              World Arena North (aka Magness Arena on the campus of Denver State University) where the Colorado College Tigers are 17-11-5 all time against the Metro State Pioneers. Thank you Denver Roadrunners for building a second home for CC!!

World Arena North lives on!! Go Tigers!!

CC Tiger fans join us at: http://cctigerhockey.yuku.com

Comment

Working...
                              X