Minnesota Gopher Hockey Announcers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnesota Gopher Hockey Announcers

I will definitely say that it is not a thrill to listen to the Minnesota Gopher hockey play by play announcers as they had the best with Masoko and Doug Woog which was a great combination--they were fun, worked well together, knowledgeable and fair--Yes even though they were Gopher announcers they were fair and complimentary to the other teams--Now they don't even have Doug Woog as a play by play announcer-They do let him talk but it looks like Doug is sad and they forced him out--I am not sure what exactly happened and even they say Masoko may of retired but still give reasons why they did what they did--
    The new announcers don't mesh well together--keep repeating the same thing and really lack knowledge or intelligence like the other two---They are very boring and frankly don't seem to have any enthusiasm or fairness plus don't give much compliments to the other team like Univ of Nebraska---Frankly listening to fox sports north---felt like putting it on mute for the games as really looked forward to Doug Woog and Masoko--
    These anothers are boring lack the dedication and knowledge that the other two had--
    Doug looks very sad being a color man and really doesn't smile that much as it seems like he has been degraded--It would be nice to hear the real reason this has happened and the change of announcers--
    I am a solid gopher fan and will continue to be one---but bring back the two announcers that made gopher hockey exciting-fun to listen two or even Doug Woog--
    Gopher live also is not a thrill and they have extended it too long--But I will always be a gopher fan---but bring back the old Minnesota Gopher hockey announcers--

Re: Minnesota Gopher Hockey Announcers

You obviously don't hate them as much as you hate formatting.
    the state of hockey is good

Comment

I do have a habit of making things long but still try to get the point across and try to get instead of formatting if you feel the same about the announcers that is the forum for in this case-how do you feel about the announcers the new ones

Comment

This is why old people shouldn't be allowed near computers. They don't understand how to use them.

Go back to playing bridge, backgammon and shuffleboard with Elmer and come back when you learn the basics of word processing and formatting.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Frank might have been one of the worst play by play guys I've ever heard. Granted, LaPanta blows goats, but I bet even he will look at a media guide so he knows the names of the Gophers' opponents.

Who is the new color guy? I didn't recognize his voice.
          St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Love View Post
            Frank might have been one of the worst play by play guys I've ever heard. Granted, LaPanta blows goats, but I bet even he will look at a media guide so he knows the names of the Gophers' opponents.

Who is the new color guy? I didn't recognize his voice.
            First, see Dirty's quote.

Second, it was Chorske the first weekend, and I can't remember the second weekend's announcer, but he was worse than Chorske. Less knowledge (basically stole all of Herb Brooks' quotes and such about the game) and spoke in cliches.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              First, see Dirty's quote.

Second, it was Chorske the first weekend, and I can't remember the second weekend's announcer, but he was worse than Chorske. Less knowledge (basically stole all of Herb Brooks' quotes and such about the game) and spoke in cliches.
              That might be because it was Rob McClanahan.
              He probably remembers all the quotes being that he played under Brooks for his entire collegiate career, during the 80 Olympic team run, and when he played for the NY Rangers.
              I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                That might be because it was Rob McClanahan.
                He probably remembers all the quotes being that he played under Brooks for his entire collegiate career, during the 80 Olympic team run, and when he played for the NY Rangers.
                Thank you. I knew he was on the '80 team, but he was HORRIBLE. Even I could have done a better job, and I'm pathetic.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

I stand by my opinion of Frank. Doug knows his stuff, but he's really scatterbrained and wasn't a great TV presence either.
                  St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

I'm so happy that Wooger and Mazzocco are out of there. The call on Trupp's overtime baseball swing winner at Mariucci was their only decent moment.

Comment

Doug and 'the Rug' were the best thing going for Gofer hockey...didn't like'm, but they were entertaining at times...
                      License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Doug And The Rug were the best announcers on tv. They were slightly homerish (and that's being prejudiced from an opponent's perspective), but not obnoxious. They gave credit to the other team when it was due, and called out the Gophers in the same situation.

Also, they were entertaining.

As for cohesiveness/flow/whatever? They complemented each other very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                          Doug And The Rug were the best announcers on tv. They were slightly homerish (and that's being prejudiced from an opponent's perspective), but not obnoxious. They gave credit to the other team when it was due, and called out the Gophers in the same situation.

Also, they were entertaining.

As for cohesiveness/flow/whatever? They complemented each other very well.
                          Totally. these new guys suck balls.
                          License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

The rug and woog are much better, but these new announcers are getting you used to the new Big Twelvlevn10 Announcers who are really going to suck balls in 2014.
                            "My greatest achievement."
                            Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

For what it's worth Greg Harrington did play by play for UNO from the beginning until he was let go before last season started. He did a great job. He lives in St. Paul, maybe someone at UM should look him up.
                              UNLEASH THE FURY!!!!!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLMMx3MRi0s

Comment

Working...
                              X