X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minnesota Gopher Hockey Announcers

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    Their messy?
    Dirty really set that one up quite easily, didn't he?
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

C'mon folks. This should be a happy thread. All the Woog bashers have finally gotten their wish. Rejoice.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

You guys should either,
        A. Go to the games like I do so you don't have to watch the games on TV
        or
        B. Get Dish Network like me so even if you did stay home you wouldn't be able to watch it

In all seriousness, I have watched about five minutes of the DVR of one game and Lapanta pretty much made me want to vomit.
        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          C'mon folks. This should be a happy thread. All the Woog bashers have finally gotten their wish. Rejoice.
          Frank was far more annoying than Woog.

I am rejoicing!

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Frank was far more annoying than Woog.

I am rejoicing!
            Good to hear. But, Woog is the one who got bashed all the time, not Frank.

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            In all seriousness, I have watched about five minutes of the DVR of one game and Lapanta pretty much made me want to vomit.
            Yep. This one goes in the "be careful what you wish for" category. I'm expecting a lot of love for Lapanta out of the "Woog Basher" contingent.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Good to hear. But, Woog is the one who got bashed all the time, not Frank.
              Frank was always the one who was boisterous when something good happened for the Gophers (which meant something bad for Bucky). That's why I associate him with negative thoughts. I get it that he's the home team announcer, but I can't help that he annoyed me because of it. I would assume that you'd be annoyed with our homer announcers (if we had any annoying ones), if you were subjected to listening to them.

Woog was kind of your Harry Caray. Just a befuddled old man who would say the goofiest things. He was good for a laugh.

Frank made me want to cut off my ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                Frank was always the one who was boisterous when something good happened for the Gophers (which meant something bad for Bucky). That's why I associate him with negative thoughts. I get it that he's the home team announcer, but I can't help that he annoyed me because of it. I would assume that you'd be annoyed with our homer announcers (if we had any annoying ones), if you were subjected to listening to them.

Woog was kind of your Harry Caray. Just a befuddled old man who would say the goofiest things. He was good for a laugh.

Frank made me want to cut off my ears.
                Coming from a fan of a team who used to have Tom Sagissor as an announcer, I find this post amusing.

Comment

Hockey, by nature is a difficult sport to commentate, either play by play or color. The game sounds like a continuous mistake, due to the changes in puck possession and the speed in which they happen. That's why there are few really good ones at the NHL level, let alone the college level. Of the ones we do have, most of them are bland and lack the kind of colorful connections that resonate with viewers. Some fans want a vociferous cheerleader for the home team, others wan't a silky-voiced neutral. I think there is room in the middle of those two extremes. Doug and Frank were anything but smooth, but the level of fun they seemed to have in the booth made up for the often-poor delivery. Personally, I enjoyed them as an antidote to the blandness of most others out there.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                    Coming from a fan of a team who used to have Tom Sagissor as an announcer, I find this post amusing.
                    You didn't like SAGGS?!?

What's wrong with you?

The difference is that we readily admitted that he was terrible where most of you still try(tried) to defend your two morons on the mic.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnypohlfan View Post
                      I still tease Saggs about his ugly red sports jacket. For goodness sakes everything he owns is red.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

I have talked to excutive producers for Fox Sports and they tell me this season will be one big tryout. Just a hunch Anthony Laplanta stays and the jury is still out for the color guy. I asked why the big change and they explained Gopher hockey needs a facelift because everybody was growing old and stale.
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by dolan View Post
                          I'm so happy that Wooger and Mazzocco are out of there. The call on Trupp's overtime baseball swing winner at Mariucci was their only decent moment.
                          From the guy who probably worships Tim Hennessy.
                          Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                          NFL Min
                          MLB NYM, Min
                          NHL Min, Dal
                          NCAAB Min, Baylor
                          NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                          Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Bring Wally and Glen to TV.

Comment

Originally posted by thebrain View Post
                              Bring Wally and Glen to TV.
                              Oh God no. Please no.
                              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                                From the guy who probably worships Tim Hennessy.
                                Hennessy has had multiple great moments. Like when he almost got in a fight with a Yale fan on the air.
                                Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Working...
                                X