UNH @ NU: wild cats vs. dormant dogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UNH @ NU: wild cats vs. dormant dogs

Can NU win a game? Or are cats really smarter than dogs?...

Discuss
    GO NU!
    --------------------------------------------------
    2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
    2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Re: UNH @ NU: wild cats vs. dormant dogs

Originally posted by thebleedenator View Post
    Can NU win a game? Or are cats really smarter than dogs?...

Discuss
    are those the only two options?

Comment

Originally posted by gibber View Post
      are those the only two options?
      YES.
      GO NU!
      --------------------------------------------------
      2016 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
      2018 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS (no, srsly)

Comment

UNH has been playing some pretty decent competition on the road (Miami, Michigan), with fair results. So in that sense playing on the road is no big deal for them. Being that this is a hockey east gm might factor in some.. still, advantage UNH. Really wish the fans come out in full swing.. could use every advantage possible.

Sincerely hope the coaching staff is addressing special teams situations (lack of PP, average PK, giving up shorthanded goals, too many men on the ice penalties)... scenarios that have become a habit with NU games recently (including late last season), versus the exception.
        GO NU HOCKEY
        Always bullish on the future.
        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

screw it. who cares? our special teams suck. we'll out score UNH 1-0 at even strength. Problem is, we'll give up 3 pp goals and 1 sh goal. That's my prediction.
          Originally posted by Bakunin
          Learning the history and actually suffering through it are very different things. You simply can't appreciate a title as much if you don't suffer through a lot of failure beforehand. To put it another way, if MNS ever gets any, he'll appreciate the experience on a far deeper level than the rest of us did when it was our first time, simply because he's gone far longer and failed far more than we ever did.

Comment

If they watch tape of the home opening gm, (BC) several times over.. there might be hope. I think team looked fantastic there.. (as opposed to night before), and week after. Two Hockey East match ups this wknd.. have to grind it out. Go Huskies
            GO NU HOCKEY
            We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
              UNH has been playing some pretty decent competition on the road (Miami, Michigan), with fair results. So in that sense playing on the road is no big deal for them.
              Actually, UNH 3-3 tie with Michigan happened at Lake Whitt this past Saturday night.

Do you think that there will be any tickets at the door this Friday night?

Comment

Considering attending this game, however I would have my 6 year old daughter with me. All of you Huskies fans, please behave yourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  Actually, UNH 3-3 tie with Michigan happened at Lake Whitt this past Saturday night.

Do you think that there will be any tickets at the door this Friday night?
                  Sorry Snively.. thought you guys were still out midwest.. and yes, tickets should be available at the door Friday. We've had 1 (hopefully more to come) sellout so far in the season.
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                    Considering attending this game, however I would have my 6 year old daughter with me. All of you Huskies fans, please behave yourselves
                    Student section has been awesome so far (support wise & otherwise).. hopefully you both enjoy the gm. If we do manage to upset you.. 6 yr olds forget quick (well most anyway ).. so in a week..'it never happened'...
                    GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post
                      Student section has been awesome so far (support wise & otherwise).. hopefully you both enjoy the gm. If we do manage to upset you.. 6 yr olds forget quick (well most anyway ).. so in a week..'it never happened'...
                      Nah she'll be fine. It will be my first trip to Matthews, I'm pretty excited to check out your venue.

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                        Nah she'll be fine. It will be my first trip to Matthews, I'm pretty excited to check out your venue.
                        You'll love it. Best place to catch a game in HE.
                        Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

If NU plays the way they did vs. BC, they'll roll UNH. UNH, as always, is good in October/November and fails miserably in March. NU is always good at home in October, so something has to give. The NU team I saw vs. BC was outstanding, so if they bring that game, NU wins.

Comment

UNH and NU have played some really good games at Matthews the last few years. I am expecting the same this time around. Here's an interesting stat: Through three games, Northeastern does not have a multi-point scorer, and all four of their goals have been scored by freshmen.
                            "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by Slasher7 View Post
                              If NU plays the way they did vs. BC, they'll roll UNH. UNH, as always, is good in October/November and fails miserably in March.
                              Yea, that might be a little bit on the dramatic side Slasher, but mmm, OK. But with a screen name like "Slasher" I'm not surprised. What's wrong, was "Sparky" taken?

Comment

Working...
                              X