Prez Bowl VI: Elmira vs Oswego (x2) Oct. 22nd and 23rd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prez Bowl VI: Elmira vs Oswego (x2) Oct. 22nd and 23rd

Well..Elmira and Oswego get things rolling this Friday and Saturday night with their traditional home and home to start up the season.

Should once again be another outstanding series between two of the top teams in D-III and early season barometer as to where each team is at.

Oswego currently leads the Prez Bowl Series 7-4-1.

The difference came in the 2006-2007 season when Oswego swept all three meetings.

Let the chatter begin!
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Re: Prez Bowl VI: Elmira vs Oswego (x2) Oct. 22nd and 23rd

I'll take "El Norwego Soaring Great Cadets!" for $1000 Alex
    Larry Normandin
    SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
    WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

I used a name in the same vein on Facebook last year for the Plattsburgh/Concordia matchup. Not sure I want to draw attention to the game again among my Montrealer friends after the outcome of that one
      Go Cards: win or lose, The Better Team.
      A Lot of (Sometimes Tainted) SUNYAC Championships
      A Handful of ECAC West Championships
      A Number of NCAA Appearances, Including Several Trips to the Final Four, Though Some of Them Don't Count
      Some National Championships:
      Women's (THIS YEAR, LAST YEAR, A Couple Years Back, '08, '07)
      Men's (Wow Look at the Time Pass, A While before That)

Comment

FRIDAY
        OSWEGO 4
        ELMIRA 2
        Lakers will be up for the home opener

SATURDAY
        OSWEGO 2
        ELMIRA 2
        Soaring Eagles will try, but fall short of duplicating their win on 10-24-09
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Even though it was an exhibition...I feel like Oswego has already gotten the taste of a "Home opener."

That game will likely be the second biggest crowd they play for the whole season with the only bigger one coming in the home Plattsburgh game at the CC.

Should be a very interesting game. Both teams have plenty of questions but the majority still feel they will be two of the best teams in D-III.
          GO LAKERS!!!
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

The "exhibition" attendance was 3,000 SRO, so you can tell the locals are hungry for hockey... I like the way this home and home tradition helps both teams get a read on what they need to focus on to play deep into March....
            LakerEagleLover

Comment

Any Internet TV??
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids
              5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
              1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
              - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                Any Internet TV??
                WTOP Live coverage from the Campus Center Friday night with the pre-game show starting at 6:30p can be found here:

http://athletics.oswego.edu/sports/2...?tab=livevideo

Usually EC has a single camera streaming home games with a link on their website here:

http://www.elmira.edu/athletics

WNYO radio coverage Friday and Saturday can be found here:

http://www.wnyo.org/
                LakerEagleLover

Comment

seems like both teams are deep as they say........the netminders will have alot to say about what happens, GREAt home n home series to start the yr.........Oz takes 2 with the experienced netminder

Comment

Oswego over Elmira 4-1 at the CC

Oswego over Elmira 3-2 at the Domes

Not as much bias as one would think. With tuttle gone I think Elmira has a problem, a glaring problem, and I second Bakdraft, experienced goaltending will win this game. Coupled with Oswego's outlandish scoring capabilities, this proves to be a hell of a home and away series.

P.s- Very curious to see that Archibault character for Elmira [100+ pts last season? woah]

Comment

Originally posted by ThatGuy_11 View Post
                      Oswego over Elmira 4-1 at the CC

Oswego over Elmira 3-2 at the Domes

Not as much bias as one would think. With tuttle gone I think Elmira has a problem, a glaring problem, and I second Bakdraft, experienced goaltending will win this game. Coupled with Oswego's outlandish scoring capabilities, this proves to be a hell of a home and away series.

P.s- Very curious to see that Archibault character for Elmira [100+ pts last season? woah]
                      Not only a 100 points, but 100 points in a pretty decent league by all accounts in the LHJAAAQ.

If you ask the Ontario boys (pretty much the whole Oz roster), they'll always say the Quebec kids are soft so we'll see how it pans out.
                      GO LAKERS!!!
                      Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
                        Not only a 100 points, but 100 points in a pretty decent league by all accounts in the LHJAAAQ.

If you ask the Ontario boys (pretty much the whole Oz roster), they'll always say the Quebec kids are soft so we'll see how it pans out.

I don't think we should have that much of a problem with those frenchies haha

Comment

And you would expect them to say anything or admit anything different?
                          Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                          Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                          Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Originally posted by jconnor View Post
                            And you would expect them to say anything or admit anything different?
                            I didn't know there was such a gross distaste between the Quebec kids and Ontario kids I guess before hearing that?
                            GO LAKERS!!!
                            Oswego State '09

Comment

I didn't know there was such a gross distaste between the Quebec kids and Ontario kids I guess before hearing that?
                              It's not just the "Kids" It goes way back..................................
                              Elmira College (2006 ECAC-W Champions. 2006,2008 Final Four Semi-Finalist)
                              Guelph Storm (2004 OHL Champions)
                              Die Hard Leafs Fan (Still Waiting )

http://community.webshots.com/user/jpconnor55

Comment

Working...
                              X