NMU at Miami - Oct 22 & 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NMU at Miami - Oct 22 & 23

Wow, Walt sure had the boys ready to play tonight. What an amazing coach. If we had any less of a coach we may have lost that game 13-1 or maybe even 14-1.

It's time for change to come to NMU, Walt has proven he is ineffective as coach, if he had any decency he would have his resignation papers on the AD's desk first thing Monday morning after tonight's travesty.

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
      Once again you put your vast hockey knowledge on display. Last year and in 07-08, the Cats were in the middle of the pack in the CCHA in penalty minutes. in 08-09 they had the 3rd FEWEST PIMs in the league. As for the three 5 minute majors against NMU this year, two were plainly bad calls, as was the one against Tech's Brett Olson. And I wonder if Walt had anything to do with the success of the penalty kill in that time.
      bad calls, bad calls, etc. the excuses keep pouring in from the biggest homer of them all. Take off the rose-colored glasses Davy, this team is a giant pile. NMU is statistically one of the worst performing hockey teams in the NCAA this season. I don't understand why those of you in the media refuse to criticize Walt and Co. for the abysmal performances this year.

Comment

When you are down by a bunch of goals, resorting to tough play and fighting is one thing, but what the hell did you guys do to this kid? Jesus christ on a stick.

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
          When you are down by a bunch of goals, resorting to tough play and fighting is one thing, but what the hell did you guys do to this kid? Jesus christ on a stick.
          Not sure if you're talking about Will Weber's accident, but there was nothing malicious about it. Weber checked the NMU captain into the boards and fell. As the NMU player fell, he twisted trying to keep his balance. While falling, his skate came down across Will's neck. It was a freak accident.

Before you make accusations of dirty play, be sure you have your facts straight. I know a number of teams that would start to play dirty when down 4-5 goals. Kyle's young men did no such thing. In fact the vast majority of penalty minutes were those of Miami playing aggressive hockey.
          Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

from this morning's Dayton Daily News....

Miami University junior defenseman Will Weber was in stable condition after suffering a laceration to his neck in Saturday night’s game against Northern Michigan at Steve Cady Arena.

Weber, an assistant captain for the RedHawks hockey team, was inadvertently cut by a Northern Michigan player’s skate blade late in the first period.

Miami hockey spokesman Michael Weisman wrote in an e-mail that Weber “was cut by a skate on the left side of his neck from about his chin to his ear, but it caught mostly muscle and doctors said he should be fine.”

Weisman said Weber was alert and awake, and in stable condition.

Weber, 21, was initially taken to McCullough Hyde Memorial Hospital in Oxford, but was transported to University Hospital in Cincinnati and was in surgery late Saturday night, Weisman said. Weber is expected to be hospitalized for a few days.

Weber, who won Central Collegiate Hockey Association’s Best Defensive Defenseman Award last season, was selected in the second round of the 2007 NHL draft by the Columbus Blue Jackets.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
              Not sure if you're talking about Will Weber's accident, but there was nothing malicious about it. Weber checked the NMU captain into the boards and fell. As the NMU player fell, he twisted trying to keep his balance. While falling, his skate came down across Will's neck. It was a freak accident.

Before you make accusations of dirty play, be sure you have your facts straight. I know a number of teams that would start to play dirty when down 4-5 goals. Kyle's young men did no such thing. In fact the vast majority of penalty minutes were those of Miami playing aggressive hockey.
              So when God was handing out common sense and the gift of sarcasm, were you in the corner eating paint chips?

Comment

So when God was handing out common sense and the gift of sarcasm, were you in the corner eating paint chips?
                New Board says sarcasm and common sense is bannable!

Miami beat up on a D-2 school...Cant wait to see the same thing repeat itself in three years when Miami plays nothing but D-2 Schools in the CCHA
                Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                2006-2007: 15-24-2
                2007-2008: 20-20-4
                2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by NMU8405 View Post
                  New Board says sarcasm and common sense is bannable!

Miami beat up on a D-2 school...Cant wait to see the same thing repeat itself in three years when Miami plays nothing but D-2 Schools in the CCHA
                  Hey! The ccha will still have. Umm. Bowling green. Maybe... Ooh and western! So it'll be the MAC and D2.

Comment

Yeah, can we just get an invite to join the MAC? The Yooper Dome has a lot to offer in football too!

(And I just opened the whole can of worms for NMU to D-1 talk again this year).
                    Cat Chat, The U.P's best College Sports Show. Check us out at www.catchattv.org

Born a Black Bear
                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012

A NMU Wildcat for Life
                    1980 1981 1989 1991 1992 1993 1999 2010

NMU Hockey
                    2006-2007: 15-24-2
                    2007-2008: 20-20-4
                    2008-2009: 18-16-5

1903 1912 1915 1916 1918 2004 2007

Comment

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                      The way it sounded from Dave on the radio is that he was tossing Fox to the ice, and Fox's skate came up and caught him.
                      Kind of hard to toss someone to the ice when you are already there....Weber bounced off the NMU player after a hit and the NMU player fell over his back. No fault to either player, just a freak accident.

Originally posted by dankthetank View Post
                      Not to be a dick, but I'm sure you mean his carotid artery and carotid vein.
                      If you say so....Spell check on word spelt it corroded, but I don't have a clue how to spell it just keeping people informed.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by mcfarljd View Post
                        Hey! The ccha will still have. Umm. Bowling green. Maybe... Ooh and western! So it'll be the MAC and D2.
                        Yay! NMU will fit right in with the AHA part II. Not that this team deserves better than that the way they've been playing this year.

Comment

Originally posted by redhawkman10 View Post
                          If you say so....Spell check on word spelt it corroded, but I don't have a clue how to spell it just keeping people informed.
                          The word you are spelling is the past tense of corrode. The parts of the circulatory system are the carotid artery and carotid vein. Thanks for keeping us informed. Very scary incident and glad to see Will is doing well from what it seems.
                          2014-15 NCAA Weekly Pick'em Overall and NCAA Tournament Champion

Love and Honor

Comment

See...sarcasm only works when people can actually tell that you're being sarcastic. Otherwise, you're just a big dolt!

Guess which one you are?

and btw, they told me they were Fritos!
                            Long live the "Brotherhood"!!!!!

Giving up a home run in Great American Ballpark is kind of like walking into a chocolate factory and yelling "I WANNA BE FAT!!!"

It's going to happen. Just give it time.....and a little effort.

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                              The word you are spelling is the past tense of corrode. The parts of the circulatory system are the carotid artery and carotid vein. Thanks for keeping us informed. Very scary incident and glad to see Will is doing well from what it seems.
                              If only spell check gave you more info. I typed it into spell check with an a instead of o and it gave me that spelling. Oh well, will is doing much better. In a lot of pain but things have gone well for him since the horrific accident.
                              Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by SweeneyHawksHockey View Post
                                With every cheeseburger I corrode my carotid artery though.

Originally posted by MiamiRedhawks2008 View Post
                                See...sarcasm only works when people can actually tell that you're being sarcastic.
                                Are you trying to tell me that you are Canadian and don't understand sarcasm?

Comment

Working...
                                X