Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

I don't see one yet so here goes ...

These will be my first games this season so I am anxious to see the action rather than listening to the high quality radio broadcast . Hopefully the Alfond will be ROCKIN'!

Are any Sioux Fans making the trek East? Who should we keep an eye on on the ice - good - bad - or "goon"? Any Predictions?

Here's a question for the locals ... where do the "more mature crowd" (e.g. non-students!) hangout after the game? My last forays into downtown Orono were a little loud and crowded for post game conversations. I was considering the SeaDog but that's a little out of the way. Any suggestions?
    Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Re: NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

Maine had better be ready to play playoff intensity hawkey both nights or itz gonna be a loooooooooong weekend for da Bearz. It might be a long weekend anyway. UND is loaded (for Bear)
    I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Frankly, it would be easier to tell you which ones aren't goons. The Sioux are mostly mediocre or a little above average players, and no real star player. So they have to rough up other teams, and sometimes referees.

Comment

*****http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7063/templeheartmaine.jpg******

Sioux Sweep. Alfond is renamed MMFF Arena II
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Always wondered what Dirty looked like! Mystery solved!
          Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

Originally posted by UMZero View Post
            Always wondered what Dirty looked like! Mystery solved!
            Believe me, you don't want to see the real Dirty... it's like looking at Medusa.

This year's Sioux team is average at best. Hardly any talent, as evidenced by their 16 NHL draft picks. And young, too! They lost two seniors and they have four freshmen on the roster! I think they are ranked #2 in the nation by default, just based on a relatively decent recent history since it's early in the season. I'd really be surprised if they won by any more than two goals all weekend.
            Panzer for Hobey.

"With one team playing at home, the audience was understandably dominated by maroon and gold sweaters. One notable exception was the fan who showed up wearing a replica of Alaska Anchorage’s bright gold third sweaters."
            INCH, March 27, 2005

Seawolf Jersey Guy is my alter ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Look at you editing photos!
              tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by gordwiser View Post
                Believe me, you don't want to see the real Dirty... it's like looking at Medusa.

This year's Sioux team is average at best. Hardly any talent, as evidenced by their 16 NHL draft picks. And young, too! They lost two seniors and they have four freshmen on the roster! I think they are ranked #2 in the nation by default, just based on a relatively decent recent history since it's early in the season. I'd really be surprised if they won by any more than two goals all weekend.
                They tied Anchorage with after having a 4 goal lead, bring your brooms UND is horse-apples. The polls are WCHA biased and that's the only reason Sue is still ranked.
                "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by UMZero View Post
                  Who should we keep an eye on on the ice - good - bad - or "goon"? Any Predictions?
                  Frattin has been playing unbelievable in the early season. Very fast, an absolute snipe of a wrister.
                  Gregoire has started the season well.
                  Knight, Hextall, and Forbort are all putting up decent points early.
                  Can't forget Genoway...such a smooth skater, creates chances all the time with his elusiveness/speed/good stickhandling.

How about Maine? Aside from Nyquist, who should the Sioux be looking out for?
                  I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                    Look at you editing photos!
                    I am quite awesome aren't I? It's good to see your lesson and are no longer questioning MMFF. He quite enjoyed your soul; though not as much as he'll enjoy Nyquist's.

Sioux Sweep. Alfond is renamed The MMFF Temple of Doom.
                    Last edited by Dirty; 10-18-2010, 03:55 PM.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                      Frankly, it would be easier to tell you which ones aren't goons. The Sioux are mostly mediocre or a little above average players, and no real star player. So they have to rough up other teams, and sometimes referees.
                      I seriously doubt they would have gotten out of Bemidji if they didn't steal that bus from the orphanage on their way out of town. This may be the most untalented, morally bankrupt Sioux team in decades. I think Eades has some eligibility left, so he may strap on the skates to compensate for the rest of these bums.
                      "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                        Frattin has been playing unbelievable in the early season. Very fast, an absolute snipe of a wrister.
                        Can't forget Genoway...such a smooth skater, creates chances all the time with his elusiveness/speed/good stickhandling.

House who is the center of the Nyquist line is always a threat as well as the third member Flynn. Maine's second line has been much more active recently with Dee, Abbott and Diamond with good speed and plenty of scoring punch. Diamond is like Hextall and likes to get under the opposition's skin. Defensemen Dimmen and O'Neill are offensive threats also. Sophomore, third liner, Kyle Beattie who has had a strong start and rookie Carlos Amestoy, with very good speed, on the fourth line are also very capable. Amestoy was out last weekend with an injury but will probably be ready for the weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

No one really. Nyquist is the entire show and he's been skiddish at best. You know, trying to live up to the reputation they put on his shoulders. Defense is porous, goalies are all still in their diapers, forwards are undrafted and the coach cant coach. But one thing else for sure, the refs will call everything, so be prepared to be on the PK for long stretches at a time, especially if those Fighting Sue get nasty.
                          Last edited by acs64; 10-18-2010, 06:24 PM.
                          I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                            No one really. Nyquist is the entire show and he's been skiddish at best. You know, trying to live up to the reputation they put on his shoulders. Defense is porous, goalies are all still in their diapers, forwards are undrafted and the coach cant coach. But one thing else for sure, the refs will call everything, so be prepared to be on the PK for long stretches at a time, especially if those Fighting Sue get nasty.
                            no one really? Nyquist is obviously our best player but show some respect to the players who have actually done something this year. The entire second line has accounted for 10 of the 17 goals Maine has scored this season compared to 4 goals for the first line. So Abbott (4g 3a) Dee (3g 2a) and Diamond (3g 2a) might be worth mentioning.
                            Curse of the Timmy

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                              that picture is amazing! I think I might have seen it somewhere before...

and I guess MMFF Arena II is better then Foxton2...
                              Sioux Yeah Yeah

Comment

Working...
                              X