Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    NoDak is obviously a very solid team, but I just don't see the same top end talent that teams of the past had with guys like Lundbohm, Bayda, Goren, Parise, Toews, Panzer, Blake, Stafford, Bochenski, Oshie, etc, who worried the hell out of you every time they touched the puck!
    Dirty, I think you need to post your picture of MMFF again!

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    Hey....careful now...those padded leather seats are German made. verstehen Sie?

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
    *facepalm*

Brian... You've got the wrong Boston school!!! BU is the one with the famed "fanboys"...
    My bad...shows how much I know about Boston.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    They'll rival the check The Oshie put on Denis-Papin.
    That was beautiful. Right over the boards, and I think Denis-Papin had about 2 feet on Oshie...
    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Sioux sweep.

4-2 friday
      3-2 saturday

Comment

*****http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/7063/templeheartmaine.jpg******
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          It's also available bar/restaurants that have Directv Ch. 613. Call and ask, if they say yes, tell them you are bringing 10 people to watch the game with you and they will make sure to have it on. Then just hope there are 10 people there watching it with you. Saturday night's game is on WABI-TV.
          I was in Wisconsin last year for the HE Finals and called about 40 bars asking if they had NESN. None of them knew what that was so I had to ask them what provider they had and then tell them what channel to look for.

Needless to say, it took only about 5 minutes before people stopped watching UWSP win D-III bouncy ball and started to join me watching my little TV in the corner.

Prediction:
          After a tongue lashing from Timmay (is he physically capable of yelling?) da Bears play disciplined, but sissy, hockey for almost two periods. During this time they play alright, but dig a hole. Things get chippy near the end of the second and the emotions carry into the third. Maine starts playing fast and rough and penalties fly. Maine comes back, but not enough.
          Fri: 3-4 Sue
          The team does well playing to win while keeping out of the box but both goalies stand on their heads. Maine takes it in OT.
          Sat: 3-2 Bears
          Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Just had our tickets confirmed through the UND box office, so I'm looking forward to a great weekend of hockey.

Anyone from Maine have any advice on kid friendly places to go and/or eat at in Bangor and Orono? My wife and I are bringing our 3 year old and 4 month old and are looking for something to do on Saturday during the day, as well as good places to eat on Friday night and both meals on Saturday. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
            Go Sioux!!!
            Go Cadets!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
              Anyone from Maine have any advice on kid friendly places to go and/or eat at in Bangor and Orono? My wife and I are bringing our 3 year old and 4 month old and are looking for something to do on Saturday during the day, as well as good places to eat on Friday night and both meals on Saturday. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
              Any of the steakhouses around the mall in Bangor are good. Bugaboo Creek, Smokey Bones, Texas Roadhouse. In Orono I suggest Margarita's. It's Texmex but it does have some gringo food. Plus it's so loud i don't think anyone would notice if the 3 month old started screaming. Get the Spider Margarita.

For the toddler's amusement I recommend at least a stop by the Paul Bunyan Statue in Bangor. Great photo-op and besides, it's just cool (44.787942,-68.778319 on Google maps). What you need to do with your Saturday is drive down to Bar Harbor. It's off-season for this little fishing town, but a short drive away is the peak of Cadillac Mountain, the first place in the continental US to see the morning sun. From there you will have a superb view of the colored landscape. There will be lots of rocks for the little brat to climb on and run around so that's good too.
              Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Comment

They'll rival the check The Oshie put on Denis-Papin.
                But Simon was a string bean, and the boards only came up to his thigh so how hard is it to pivot him over? The Sioux were really stacked that year as I recall. (But not enough to avoid being SWEPT.)

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                  But Simon was a string bean, and the boards only came up to his thigh so how hard is it to pivot him over? The Sioux were really stacked that year as I recall. (But not enough to avoid being SWEPT.)
                  We also got swept by the likes of Alaska-Anchorage and Michigan Tech that season...so Maine's accomplishment was not all that great.

As far as being "stacked" we're actually ranked higher heading into this series than the last series in 2006 at the Ralph. Maine was also significantly higher ranked going into the 2006 series.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Who cares? You're all the same pr^cks to us.
                    No, the appropriate designation is "Purse-swinging Nancy Boys from Hockey East".
                    "We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate." -Thomas Jefferson

"I confess I enjoy democracy immensely. It is incomparably idiotic, and hence incomparably amusing." -H. L. Mencken

sigpic

Comment

• Re: NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

Originally posted by Yelnick View Post
                      Just had our tickets confirmed through the UND box office, so I'm looking forward to a great weekend of hockey.

Most people either love or hate eating at Governor's but it's definitely kid friendly. There are even a couple model trains that run along the ceiling. Located near the intersection of Stillwater and College Ave

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        We also got swept by the likes of Alaska-Anchorage and Michigan Tech that season...so Maine's accomplishment was not all that great.

As far as being "stacked" we're actually ranked higher heading into this series than the last series in 2006 at the Ralph. Maine was also significantly higher ranked going into the 2006 series.
                        Well that doesn't really matter in the context of throwing feces back and forth with dirty. Maine pretty much disappeared after that series until squeaking into the NCAA tournament by virtue of that sweep and beating the goofers the week before. None of our green goaltenders have played well enough this year to steal a game yet, and if that doesn't happen this weekend it will be tough to get a win against the Sioux.

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                          Well that doesn't really matter in the context of throwing feces back and forth with dirty. Maine pretty much disappeared after that series until squeaking into the NCAA tournament by virtue of that sweep and beating the goofers the week before. None of our green goaltenders have played well enough this year to steal a game yet, and if that doesn't happen this weekend it will be tough to get a win against the Sioux.
                          North Dakota has a long history of goalie's stealing games against them

I think it will be a very competitive series. If I had to bet, I would put money on the Sioux. I think they'll get at least a split out of this series, and could very well come away with the sweep if our defense plays up to its ability. I always root for Maine, just not when they play North Dakota. The two programs are very similar, and I really hope Maine rises back up to its proper place in the college hockey landscape this season. They should just wait to rise until after this weekend
                          North Dakota
                          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The two programs are very similar
                            http://new.bangordailynews.com/2010/...s-are-similar/

Comment

Really disappointed in the scheduling of Maine right before DU, a conference series. With UND's history of slow starts DU is 4 points they might really need down the stretch. Coupled with the lashing BC just put on DU the upcoming series could have serious PWR effects. Also, if UND splits or worse with DU it makes BC even more of an intimidating team for the Sioux players which they definitely don't need.

Oh yeah and BC looks pretty good this year:

Last edited by cross cheque; 10-20-2010, 12:37 PM.
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

I always root for Maine, just not when they play North Dakota. The two programs are very similar, and I really hope Maine rises back up to its proper place in the college hockey landscape this season. They should just wait to rise until after this weekend
                                I like the Sioux... too. I'll be headed up to Maine on Saturday for game two, can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X