Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
    Alot of talk that Maine doesn't have much of a chance this weekend,granted North Dakota is one of the top teams this year and a solid pick to make it to the Frozen 4 in April...But I'll take our chances this weekend and thats on the ice and not on the key-board. Talk is Cheap & Whiskey cost Money.
    NoDak is obviously a very solid team, but I just don't see the same top end talent that teams of the past had with guys like Lundbohm, Bayda, Goren, Parise, Toews, Panzer, Blake, Stafford, Bochenski, Oshie, etc, who worried the hell out of you every time they touched the puck!

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
      Says he of 51,500 + posts. The Sioux get thrown off by the absence of marble and padded leather seats and give away a late lead Friday, resulting in the tie. A total lack of hot water in the showers after the game is all they can think about DURING Saturday's game; Nyquist hurls Scandinavian insults and pops swedish fish between goals. Maine wins.
      Hey....careful now...those padded leather seats are German made. verstehen Sie?

Filthy has 51,500 posts ?? Buwhawhahahahaha. Whadda life !
      I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

North Dakota's only chance is if maine takes pity on them and plays a man down all weekend....

Comment

And you need "top-end" talent to win hockey games since when? That's worked real well for Minnesota and their 20 NHL draft picks, hasn't it? I think a lot of UND's top players are very underrated around the country, but there are a couple that can put fear into the opponent in different situations. And really, had anyone outside of Hockey East ever heard of Gustav Nyquist before last year? I know I hadn't.

Comment

So you're equating number of posts with drunkenness? Well now that is just silly. UND plays in sh^tty arenas all the time. Sure they aren't as sh^tty as Alfond, but the Sioux are still used to them. Am I to take from your statement that the UND locker room won't have hot water that Alfond now has running water? Well that's an improvement over the last time the Sioux were there and they swept that time too, so this really shouldn't be a problem.

MacWilliam torpedoes the Swedish Weenie. MMFF gets two hat tricks. Sioux Sweep by 37 goals total.
            Last edited by Dirty; 10-19-2010, 07:45 PM.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              So you're equating number of posts with drunkenness? Well now that is just silly. UND plays in sh^tty arenas all the time. Sure they aren't as sh^tty as Alfond, but the Sioux are still used to them. Am I to take from your statement that the UND locker room won't have hot water that Alfond now has running water? Well that's an improvement over the last time the Sioux were there and they swept that time too, so this really shouldn't be a problem.

MacWilliam torpedoes the Swedish Weenie. MMFF gets two hat tricks. Sioux Sweep by 37 goals total.
              No, I'm equating it with not doing anything 97% of the time. Has anybody on this year's team played in Alfond before? Probably not. They just THINK they're used to sh*tty locker rooms. They're in no way prepared. Pampered Sioux lose.

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
                NoDak is obviously a very solid team, but I just don't see the same top end talent that teams of the past had with guys like Lundbohm, Bayda, Goren, Parise, Toews, Panzer, Blake, Stafford, Bochenski, Oshie, etc, who worried the hell out of you every time they touched the puck!
                Don't worry. We have a whole new crop of guys who will worry you this weekend. Frattin and Gregoire have been playing lights out, and Forbort seems to have made the jump to the collegiate level just fine. We have a very strong powerplay, and an experienced goalie, along with players like Kristo, Genoway and Trupp who can light the lamp at any time.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

They've played in arenas that have seats on one side, the Alfond will be a walk in the park. Friday's game will be such a blowout, Hakstol will allow Kristo, Hextall, Gregoire and Malone to sleep on the bench. UND will still win Saturday's game easily.
                  when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                  Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                    Plus, Maine is a solid team.
                    solid what?

That's the question.
                    1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      Don't worry. We have a whole new crop of guys who will worry you this weekend. Frattin and Gregoire have been playing lights out, and Forbort seems to have made the jump to the collegiate level just fine. We have a very strong powerplay, and an experienced goalie, along with players like Kristo, Genoway and Trupp who can light the lamp at any time.
                      All part of a superior race ?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                        All part of a superior race ?
                        What are you talking about??

As far as playing at Alfond, Hakstol has never lost there. He knows how to coach teams to victory in Maine
                        North Dakota
                        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

They've played in arenas that have seats on one side, the Alfond will be a walk in the park. Friday's game will be such a blowout, Hakstol will allow Kristo, Hextall, Gregoire and Malone to sleep on the bench. UND will still win Saturday's game easily.
                          Pat's Pizza has NO HOT DISH on the menu. Sue loses.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            What are you talking about??

As far as playing at Alfond, Hakstol has never lost there. He knows how to coach teams to victory in Maine
                            Schmutzig suchtmittelmissbrauch klein dackel

Comment

Originally posted by lkenney View Post
                              Pat's Pizza has NO HOT DISH on the menu. Sue loses.
                              Is there anything that is hot in Maine? The water isn't. The dish isn't. The women aren't.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Is there anything that is hot in Maine? The water isn't. The dish isn't. The women aren't.
                                Touche. At least in North Dakota the dish is. Where did Miss North Dakota place? I bet 51st.
                                Last edited by lkenney; 10-19-2010, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X