X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

http://www.youtube.com/user/hockeyeastonline
    It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
    But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      I'd worry about your lack of finishers more than the officiating.
      You do realize that BC has scored 2 goals or less in two of their 4 games already and that UND has the NCAA goal scoring leader in Frattin, right?

Originally posted by walrus View Post
      IF the refs didn't affect the outcome of the game, why bother mentioning it?
      Don't the refs affect the outcome of every game in one way or another?

Originally posted by porch-n-suds View Post
      Being a life long Miami fan...
      You've been around since the dynasty started all those years ago?

Originally posted by amherstblackbear View Post
      And, yes, there were at least a couple times when it occurred to me that Maine wasn't, er, ahhh, really strong on their skates.
      I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Just a few of my thoughts from the weekend...
        Hegarty really impressed me, especially Friday night. It seemed like one shift in particular the Sioux tried to take it down his side 3 or 4 times and each time he stopped it 1 on 1 and sent it back out.
        Genoway is a beast, aside from one costly turnover Friday. Frattin isn't too bad either...
        In regards to the Dimmen "trip"... I didn't have a great look at it from the balcony but it did seem to be a fairly clear dive, which is disappointing because we're not that type of team, not sure what happened that time. Its almost too bad we scored on that pp.... almost
        It seemed to me that NoDak seemed more interesting in finishing checks, and playing bodies in general, than playing the puck. They also seemed to lack a bit of discipline in that many players were very quick to start pushing and shoving after the whistle. Having said that, they're clearly very skilled and I have no doubt that we didn't see their best effort this weekend.
        Finally, I was impressed with the fan turnout for both sides. Friday and Saturday were some of the loudest games I've ever heard at the Alfond, hopefully there will be a lot more of them this season. And by far the best fan turnout for a non conference opponent I've seen. Best of luck to you the rest of the way (unless we meet again that is). Like many Maine fans, I always root for the Sioux when it doesn't hurt us.
        It may be 10 below, Under 5 feet of snow,
        But no matter where we go, WE ALL LOVE ORONO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mainetwentytwelve View Post
          Just a few of my thoughts from the weekend...
          Hegarty really impressed me, especially Friday night. It seemed like one shift in particular the Sioux tried to take it down his side 3 or 4 times and each time he stopped it 1 on 1 and sent it back out.
          Genoway is a beast, aside from one costly turnover Friday. Frattin isn't too bad either...
          In regards to the Dimmen "trip"... I didn't have a great look at it from the balcony but it did seem to be a fairly clear dive, which is disappointing because we're not that type of team, not sure what happened that time. Its almost too bad we scored on that pp.... almost
          It seemed to me that NoDak seemed more interesting in finishing checks, and playing bodies in general, than playing the puck. They also seemed to lack a bit of discipline in that many players were very quick to start pushing and shoving after the whistle. Having said that, they're clearly very skilled and I have no doubt that we didn't see their best effort this weekend.
          Finally, I was impressed with the fan turnout for both sides. Friday and Saturday were some of the loudest games I've ever heard at the Alfond, hopefully there will be a lot more of them this season. And by far the best fan turnout for a non conference opponent I've seen. Best of luck to you the rest of the way (unless we meet again that is). Like many Maine fans, I always root for the Sioux when it doesn't hurt us.
          Are you new to hockey?

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post

Don't the refs affect the outcome of every game in one way or another?

I guess as its a pretty broad statement. Maybe I should refine the question, did it cause UND to lose? Most of the Sioux fans are going to say no, it appears at least one would say yes..

Its early, the Sioux will be right there at the end of the year. Like to watch Genoway get wound up, was kind of shocked I didn't see Kristo light Maine up, watched him closely especially Saturday and Maine paid alot of attention to him. Blood is a goon, wish he played for Maine, we could use a guy to drive Timmay crazy
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

This series went about as I expected it would. Maine came out hungry (apparently they did learn that early OOC games are important after last years fiasco) and jumped all over UND. What I didnt expect was how easily UND got put back on their heels.....Eidsness is a sieve. UND got embarrassed and frustrated and the parade to the penalty box ensued. What baffles me is that Hakstol, unlike Blais, couldnt reign the goons in so he kept repeating the same old chit all weekend. Not a smart thing when ur facing the nations number 1 powerplay. Lots of checks being lead with elbows high, boarding ...that kind of stupid chit that the leagues have made a point to crack down on because of head injuries. Speaking of head injuries, any Maine fan hear anything about Corkum's concussion status?

Overall, an entertaining series between a coupla talented teams. You all know UND will be in the mix at the end. Question is will Timmay and his band of divers be able to maintain that level of play all season and will he handle a young trio of goalies properly and not get into their heads? Hopefully he wont favor one of these guys over the other at this point in the season and let them all see plenty of ice time from here on out. With the forwards and team speed Maine has they can run and gun with anyone....no matter how poorly a game a goalie might be having.
              I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

"Bad refs!" "Divers!" Where have we heard this kind of yapping before? A brief glance at the box scores of both UM-UND games as well as the ND-BC game suggest a couple of teams deficient in discipline. Pride cometh before the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                  This series went about as I expected it would. Maine came out hungry (apparently they did learn that early OOC games are important after last years fiasco) and jumped all over UND. What I didnt expect was how easily UND got put back on their heels.....Eidsness is a sieve. UND got embarrassed and frustrated and the parade to the penalty box ensued. What baffles me is that Hakstol, unlike Blais, couldnt reign the goons in so he kept repeating the same old chit all weekend. Not a smart thing when ur facing the nations number 1 powerplay. Lots of checks being lead with elbows high, boarding ...that kind of stupid chit that the leagues have made a point to crack down on because of head injuries. Speaking of head injuries, any Maine fan hear anything about Corkum's concussion status?

Overall, an entertaining series between a coupla talented teams. You all know UND will be in the mix at the end. Question is will Timmay and his band of divers be able to maintain that level of play all season and will he handle a young trio of goalies properly and not get into their heads? Hopefully he wont favor one of these guys over the other at this point in the season and let them all see plenty of ice time from here on out. With the forwards and team speed Maine has they can run and gun with anyone....no matter how poorly a game a goalie might be having.
                  You got a sweep at home against a travel-weary opponent, with the help of some home cooking from the refs. Congrats.

How much longer will the ******** gloating last?

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                    Question is will Timmay..........handle a young trio of goalies properly and not get into their heads? Hopefully he wont favor one of these guys over the other at this point in the season and let them all see plenty of ice time from here on out.
                    I would like to see the following rotation over the next few weeks.........

at Vermont - Sirman
                    at BU - Sullivan
                    Northeastern - Sirman
                    Northeastern - Ouellette

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
                      You got a sweep at home against a travel-weary opponent, with the help of some home cooking from the refs. Congrats.

After the last 3 or 4 years........quite a while.

Comment

Maine took it to the Sioux both nights. How long will the ******** excuse making last?

Seriously, two good teams played each other over the last two nights and Maine earned the wins both nights. That was a big weekend against a very good team, should we not be happy?
                        Last edited by True Blue Fan; 10-24-2010, 08:40 AM.

Comment

I'm glad most UND fans win or lose with class.

Comment

Originally posted by True Blue Fan View Post
                            Maine took it to the Sioux both nights. How long will the ******** excuse making last?

Seriously, two good teams played each other the last two nights and Maine earned the wins both nights. That was a big weekend against a very good team, should we not be happy?
                            Tell it to the Maine fans that can't even win with a little grace, they have to make up **** about UND being a bunch of goons because they finished a couple checks here and there.

I'm not happy when a team sees that they are down 1-0 in the last minutes of the 2nd period and they decide to start diving to improve their fortunes.

Comment

How about losing with grace. Maine outplayed the Sioux plain and simple.

Comment

Tell it to the Maine fans that can't even win with a little grace, they have to make up **** about UND being a bunch of goons because they finished a couple checks here and there.

I'm not happy when a team sees that they are down 1-0 in the last minutes of the 2nd period and they decide to start diving to improve their fortunes.
                                The excuses never end.

Comment

Working...
                                X