Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    No kidding, BC bit the big one tonight! I don't doubt that Nodak will be top 5-7 come tourney time, but I honestly feel that their offense has taken a dip the past few years and now I'm starting to question their D and golatending.
    Our offense will be fine. It's fair to question our D and goaltending after Friday. I don't think our D and goaltending was too bad this evening though.

We've always been a second half team under Hakstol, so I wouldn't judge us too much based on one weekend in October.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
      100% correct. Just more proof that UND doesn't have any finishers! Just like BC doesn't because they are scoring less than UND is.
      Yeah, but we're not giving up 7 goals a game :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        Our offense will be fine. It's fair to question our D and goaltending after Friday. I don't think our D and goaltending was too bad this evening though.

We've always been a second half team under Hakstol, so I wouldn't judge us too much based on one weekend in October.
        I agree with you there! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          So you believe it affected the outcome of the game? or it wasn't that bad, those are your choices
          No those aren't the only choices. Amazingly the refs can be terrible, yet the correct team would've won even if the refs weren't terrible. It's a crazy idea, I know. But it is possible.

Oh so now that you've been proven wrong, it's about defense. I see.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

I have a feeling you won't see North Dakota give up 7 goals in another game this season. It was an unusually poor performance on Friday. Hakstol has always taken pride in the defensive side of the game, so I'm sure he'll have his d-corps ready. If not, we're in for a wild ride.
            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by cg_siouxfan View Post
              Speaking of Frattin, what a sick player he has become. He just keeps scoring.
              The season is still young. Maine needed these points desperately and played like it. The Fighting Sioux also needed them but probably not as badly as Maine because of the ranking. These two teams may very well face each other down the road. For you Fighting Sioux fans you might be interested to know that Brian Burke (GM Toronto Maple Leafs) was in attendance checking out Frattin. Probably looking at free agents as well.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                So you believe it affected the outcome of the game? or it wasn't that bad, those are your choices
                I'm going to blame the Maine divers. It's just shameful to dive like that. The Sioux were up 1-0 and should've received two power plays for Maine's embellishing, but, NO, they had to kill two penalties. And that's only counting the two dives that were blatant.

It was a crucial time in the game, about midway through the second period, with UND leading a tightly played 1-0 game. And then Maine started acting.

Comment

I have a feeling you won't see North Dakota give up 7 goals in another game this season.
                  I agree with you there; unless of course you end up facing BC in the NCAA's :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                    The season is still young. Maine needed these points desperately and played like it. The Fighting Sioux also needed them but probably not as badly as Maine because of the ranking. These two teams may very well face each other down the road. For you Fighting Sioux fans you might be interested to know that Brian Burke (GM Toronto Maple Leafs) was in attendance checking out Frattin. Probably looking at free agents as well.
                    Frattin has been playing lights out. He's a senior this year, and if it weren't for some off the ice stuff, I would think would be a front runner for the Hobey. He's going to put up a ton of goals this year.
                    North Dakota

Comment

I agree with you there; unless of course you end up facing BC in the NCAA's :-)
                      I suppose we could win an 8-7 game against BC.
                      North Dakota

Comment

Touche! :-)

Comment

With all of our non-finishers.
                          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

This will change, right?

13 Excluded Maine's 2 wins over UND because their game RPIs (-0.1063) would have lowered Maine's RPI (0.5205)

Comment

I'm going to blame the Maine divers. It's just shameful to dive like that. The Sioux were up 1-0 and should've received two power plays for Maine's embellishing, but, NO, they had to kill two penalties. And that's only counting the two dives that were blatant.

It was a crucial time in the game, about midway through the second period, with UND leading a tightly played 1-0 game. And then Maine started acting.
                              So the refs are too blame, after all they should have made those embellishment calls. Tough to win when the refs hand your opponent a victory, I can see why you're upset.
                              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Maine lost their composure after they went down 1-0 and started diving all over, even into nets if they could find them. Maine is a good team, though.
                                Lost their composure, all 4 goals worth of lost composure? If you're referring to Dimmen being tripped, I agree that it did look like he embellished it and probably could have stayed on his skates. Hard to tell for sure though.

Despite the scores and probably catching them having an off weekend, it was clear that NoDak is an excellent team, but a lot of the penalties were really obvious. If they'd played with more discipline this weekend, I think they'd be going home with at least a point and probably 2.

Frattin won't be around long...I never heard of him before yesterday, and by the end of tonights game I got an uneasy feeling every time he touched the puck! Big, strong, skilled, scary! Can't get to the NHL soon enough for me!

Comment

Working...
                                X