NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

It amazes me how many people have reading comprehension problems. They see ref sucks and they immediately see we lost because of the refs.
    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      I'm not blaming the refs, and honestly basically every Sioux poster hasn't blamed the refs for the loss.

As I said in a previous post, Maine played well and deserved the win. They were the better team on the ice.

Saying that, the officiating was terrible. Again, NOT the reason why Maine won/Sioux lost, but it WAS terrible. When the home announcers are saying there are bad calls, that's a good sign that the officiating is not good.
      I'd worry about your lack of finishers more than the officiating.

Comment

Sioux goals scored this season: 5, 3, 5, 5, 3, 4.

That is terrible! We should worry about no finishers. I'm sure they won't be able to score at all when they play at home. Having the leading goal scorer in the country is concrete proof that UND doesn't have finishers.
        Last edited by Dirty; 10-23-2010, 09:54 PM.
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
          Are you finished?

Comment

Our PP was terrible this weekend. I think we have a killer in Frattin. He is going to put up a ton of goals this year. Our PK struggled and we got poor goaltending on Friday Night.

All in all, I'm not going to get too flustered by one weekend in October. If those issues are still happening in February and March, I'll start getting worried.

BTW, what happened to BC? 2nd time in 3 weekends that they have a terrible offensive showing? They are having more troubles finishing than North Dakota
            North Dakota
            National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              It amazes me how many people have reading comprehension problems. They see ref sucks and they immediately see we lost because of the refs.
              IF the refs didn't affect the outcome of the game, why bother mentioning it?
              I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                IF the refs didn't affect the outcome of the game, why bother mentioning it?
                Because it was THAT bad.
                North Dakota

Comment

Hearing some of the WCHA fans complaining about Officer Benny makes me chuckle. Am I to assume then that there will be no complaining at all about the vastly superior refs in the WCHA?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                    Sioux goals scored this season: 5, 3, 5, 5, 3, 4. That isn't terrible. But I'm sure we should worry about no finishers. I'm sure they won't be able to score at all when they play at home. If having the leading goal scorer in the country isn't proof that UND doesn't have finishers, I don't know what is.

Wasn't Maine the one that scored 4 tonight - I thought NoDak scored 2?

Comment

I'm surprised Maine is so successful considering they aren't very strong on their skates.

Though... they do spend most of their time on the PP, so that makes up for that deficiency.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Hearing some of the WCHA fans complaining about Officer Benny makes me chuckle. Am I to assume then that there will be no complaining at all about the vastly superior refs in the WCHA?
                        Oh good Lord no. Our refs are equally capable at having no clue how to officiate a game.

Oddly enough, it's the exact opposite of eastern refs. Our refs let everything go and then randomly call stuff when they feel like it.
                        North Dakota

Comment

100% correct. Just more proof that UND doesn't have any finishers! Just like BC doesn't because they are scoring less than UND is.
                          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

So you believe it affected the outcome of the game? or it wasn't that bad, those are your choices
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              Our PP was terrible this weekend. I think we have a killer in Frattin. He is going to put up a ton of goals this year. Our PK struggled and we got poor goaltending on Friday Night.

All in all, I'm not going to get too flustered by one weekend in October. If those issues are still happening in February and March, I'll start getting worried.

BTW, what happened to BC? 2nd time in 3 weekends that they have a terrible offensive showing? They are having more troubles finishing than North Dakota
                              No kidding, BC bit the big one tonight! I don't doubt that Nodak will be top 5-7 come tourney time, but I honestly feel that their offense has taken a dip the past few years and now I'm starting to question their D and golatending.

Comment

Correct.

We've scored 23 goals in 6 games...just a shade under 4/game. Compare that to...ohhhh, let's say BC who has scored 12 goals in 4 games for 3/game. Not too shabby IMO.
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X