Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: NoDak @ Maine Oct 22 / 23

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
    BC's got a lot of jerkoff fanz...fivehole and coupla others excluded.
    I feel slighted.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Are there any Maine fans for whom the Sioux aren't a second-favorite? They won a lot of fans in Orono with their gesture in 2000 and the tribute to Walsh in 2001. I don't think Maine could've asked for a classier opponent those nights.
      I have lived in Grand Forks for the last 10 years. I was born and Raised in Maine. I would definalty say I want UND to win every game they play except when they play Maine or if them winning hurts Maines chances at a NCAA bid

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
        They're less of a favorite after last night.
        Less of a favorite because you wished they'd put up a better fight last night?
        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
          Less of a favorite because you wished they'd put up a better fight last night?
          Because they didn't hug and kiss after the game like Hockey East teams customarily do after a game.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            Are there any Maine fans for whom the Sioux aren't a second-favorite? They won a lot of fans in Orono with their gesture in 2000 and the tribute to Walsh in 2001. I don't think Maine could've asked for a classier opponent those nights.
            I agree...the Sioux are by far my second favorite college hockey team. Didn't they auction off those Walsh Jerseys after the game. Definitely should have gotten one. Might need one of their away jerseys before the logo goes extinct. However for tonight...Go Maine!!
            New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Is it a requirement for HE refs to be blind?

Comment

It was bad enough the refs being incompetent last night when it didn't even matter. But Jesus, why do they have to make horrible call after horrible call in this game? Is it really that difficult to be a ref?
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

"I'm done talking about the officials.. I think it's been well documented that they are incompetent.. and we'll leave it at that" - Tim Hennessey

Comment

Good series from a talented Maine squad. Nice couple of wins, congrats.
                    Maybe these two squads will meet again later in the season with more on the line.

As for UND, time to head home for a series. Finally.
                    I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

Well, that was not what I was expecting. We played a much better game tonight than last night, but ultimately it's the same result.

Congratulations Maine, you completely deserved the sweep. You played better than North Dakota, plain and simple. I could go on a rant about the officiating, but I won't. Maine deserved both wins.

For the Sioux, we need to regroup. We played better defensively tonight, but still need to work on our PK and PP situations. Ultimately that is where we lost this series. Up next is back to WCHA action and the Denver Pioneers. I'm personally excited because it will be my first time back at the Ralph since 2006.
                      North Dakota
                      National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

A few things I took away from watching this game on TV:
                        - None of the goals were soft in my opinion. Both goalies were excellent tonight.
                        - It was the first time in a LONG time I saw Maine crash the net at both ends. Looking for garbage goals in the offensive end and blocking the shooting lanes in the defensive.
                        - It wasn't 100% of the time, but I liked how Maine played between the blue lines.
                        - Last, but certainly not least, I was really happy to see Maine didn't give up on the second night of a two night weekend especially after winning so handedly the night before.

When the season first started and Maine was picked to finish high in Hockey East I was pretty skeptical, but after watching tonight and hearing how they played last night and in the first game against MSU I now have a good feeling. We just need to stay healthy...

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          It was bad enough the refs being incompetent last night when it didn't even matter. But Jesus, why do they have to make horrible call after horrible call in this game? Is it really that difficult to be a ref?
                          Really?? No Dak just got swept by a superior team. Don't sound like a cry baby.

Comment

Congrats on the great weekend Maine.

A couple of badly needed W's against the WCHA that will help out multiple HEA teams come PWR time.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                              Thanks dad. The refs sucked this whole weekend and UND was on the short end of the stick of most of those calls. Maine fully deserved to win both games, but that doesn't mean I have to be happy with the way UND got hosed by the refs.
                              Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                Meh, don't pop too big of a chubby, UND played down a level this weekend. That said, the Sioux didn't deserve a win. I hope we meet again later in the year.

Comment

Working...
                                X