Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know when the Pairwise Rankings come out?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know when the Pairwise Rankings come out?

Hi,

Just wondering how many weeks into the season it takes for the Pairwise and other stat-based rankings to come out.

Thanks

Re: Anyone know when the Pairwise Rankings come out?

Not sure when they officially come out, but you can find it unofficially here.
    Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

You know the ranking is pointless right now when BC and UND aren't even in it.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by surferben182 View Post
        Hi,

Just wondering how many weeks into the season it takes for the Pairwise and other stat-based rankings to come out.

Thanks
        January.
        How do they expect us to throw hotdogs at the gophers with that [Expletive deleted] net in front of us?

We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard...

Original Penalty Box Member

Comment

Originally posted by surferben182 View Post
          Hi,

Thanks
          They don't really 'come out' at any time since it's a formula that everyone already knows and there are no mysterious computer rankings that people wait to see the results of. The thing is, it being so early in the season, the only thing most teams can be compared on is the RPI which isn't really a useful gauge to rank teams by until at least December when everyone has games under their belt. Also around this time is when COP and H2H start to fill out a bit. In reality, it's useless to consider the PWR for anything until about New Year's when everyone's finished most of the OOC games and the math starts to work itself out a bit. This is also around the time that sites like USCHO start putting them up and have the weekly updates because right now they'd be pointless to discuss.
          time to write new history

Comment

This is just a thought.... and this is geared to those calculating the Pairwise..... I was wondering, maybe, for at least the regular season once we're a few games in and everybody has taken wins/losses that maybe the KRACH should be used to feed in the rest of the stated schedule giving each team P(win) wins and P(loss) losses for each game (not accounting for in-season tourneys and conference playoffs).... that way we get a look at some of the stuff that doesn't fill in until the end of the season such as common opponents issues and TUC issues (10 game criterion). That way, whatever we have in January isn't nearly as useless.

Obviously, no work on my part... I'm just chucking it out there.
            Last edited by Patman; 10-17-2010, 10:44 PM.
            BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
            Skating Friar Jersey
            AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
            UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
            Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

KRACH isn't even well defined yet, though. There are still lots of insular "bubbles" of teams who have played each other, but without games against teams in other bubbles. John Whelan illustrates it as "proto-KRACH" on eLynah.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                You know the ranking is pointless right now when BC and UND aren't even in it.
                don't know the intricacies of the PWR though i understand it, but why isnt BC and UND in it? THAT i dont get

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                  don't know the intricacies of the PWR though i understand it, but why isnt BC and UND in it? THAT i dont get
                  Their RPI is "undefined" which does not allow them to qualify for the PWR.

PWR usually don't make a whole lot of sense until at least Thanksgiving, and usually isn't meaningful to look at until January/February.

Saying that...here's the early Braketology
                  East Regional - Bridgeport, CT
                  1. UNO vs 16. Robert Morris
                  8. Merrimack vs 9. Michigan

Midwest Regional - Green Bay, WI
                  2. Minnesota-Duluth vs 15. Clarkson
                  7. Michigan Tech vs Miami

Northeast Regional - Manchester, NH
                  3. Wisconsin vs 14. New Hampshire
                  6. Minnesota vs 11. Ferris State

West Regional - St. Louis, MO
                  4. Colorado College vs 13. Boston U.
                  5. Notre Dame vs 12. RPI

North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    p
                    You're sick!!
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      You're sick!!
                      most of us are inflicted , inclusive

Comment

5. Notre Dame vs 12. RPI
                        I know it's been a while since we've been to the dance, but I'm pretty sure we're still in the EZAC. Therefore, UMASS GOT JOBBED!
                        Go Red!!

National Champions: 1954, 1985, 201x

Houston Field House, Cheel Arena, Agganis Arena, Magness Arena, Ritter Arena, Messa Rink, Matthews Arena, Von Braun Center, Lynah Rink, Starr Rink, Appleton Arena, Dwyer Arena, Buffalo State Ice Arena, Kelley Rink (also Verizon Center (DC), Herb Brooks Arena, Fenway Park (Frozen Fenway I), Times Union Center, DCU Center, Blue Cross Arena)

Comment

And how is Merrimack with a win over Uconn and a tie over Niagra 9th? How is a winless UMass in the NCAA tourney?
                          Originally posted by Hokydad
                          Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Their RPI is "undefined" which does not allow them to qualify for the PWR.

PWR usually don't make a whole lot of sense until at least Thanksgiving, and usually isn't meaningful to look at until January/February.

East Regional - Bridgeport, CT
                            1. UNO vs 16. Robert Morris
                            8. Merrimack vs 9. Michigan

Northeast Regional - Manchester, NH
                            3. Wisconsin vs 14. New Hampshire
                            6. Minnesota vs 11. Ferris State

5. Notre Dame vs 12. RPI

Not funny. I'm not going back to that hell-hole.
                            Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Federal League View Post
                              Not funny. I'm not going back to that hell-hole.
                              There might be 6,000 fans there this time instead of 5,000. What a dumb place for a regional.
                              Wisconsin - The real State of hockey.

Comment

Working...
                              X