Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Battle of interstate 94: Huskies @ Gophers

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Hoeffel was out both games. Just saying.
    Yeah because that would have saved your team. Last I checked the Huskies made a regional final and the Gophers didn't make the NCAA's...Just saying.
    I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
      Yeah because that would have saved your team. Last I checked the Huskies made a regional final and the Gophers didn't make the NCAA's...Just saying.
      Wow. A regional final, you say.

That's something.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post

They absolutely need 3 points minimum this weekend to begin to show they can dominate on home ice this season. It's been too long since Gopher fans have seen that.

From what I've seen so far this season I believe there is exactly a 0% chance of this team getting 3 points this weekend. The can't dominate on home ice, not even against lowly UMass who was picked to finish 9th in Hockey East.

Huskies sweep. Easy both nights.
        Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
        NFL Min
        MLB NYM, Min
        NHL Min, Dal
        NCAAB Min, Baylor
        NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
        Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Wow. A regional final, you say.

That's something.
          Just admit your team sucked last year and Hoeffel being there would not of even of mattered. I can see trying to say this year is different, but making excuses about last year is just pathetic.....
          I am Tommyboy, and I approve this message.

In Bob we Trust!

The Herb Brooks National Hockey Center..... I wonder who originally came up with that.

Comment

Just imagine this: if St. Cloud sweeps, Michigan Tech might be ranked higher than the Gophers.
            St. Cloud, Minnesota: You could do worse...

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you're surrounded by turkeys.

The 2009 Poser of the Year

Comment

Just admit your team sucked last year and Hoeffel being there would not of even of mattered. I can see trying to say this year is different, but making excuses about last year is just pathetic.....
              I don't think he is trying to say that the Gophers didn't suck last year. I'm also guessing the comment about Hoeffel was mostly if not completely sarcastic.
              "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                I don't think he is trying to say that the Gophers didn't suck last year. I'm also guessing the comment about Hoeffel was mostly if not completely sarcastic.
                These are SCSU fans he is talking to. They don't fully understand the concept of sarcasm.
                Sports Alleigance

NCAAH Minnesota
                NFL Min
                MLB NYM, Min
                NHL Min, Dal
                NCAAB Min, Baylor
                NCAAFB Min, Ole Miss
                Soccer USA, Liverpool, Sheffield Wednesday

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post

I am inclined to agree with you that we have a weakness in the coaching staff. I think you know I'm not a Hill fan. The D were annihilated around the net against UNO in the second game. Even Barriball said it was really bad. But I'm holding out hope that some of the freshman D will learn through their mistakes and start making nice plays. I just hope Fairchild doesn't disappear again this year.
                  As I said earlier, I don't think the defensive breakdowns last weekend were all due to the defensemen. The forwards were just as guilty. And while I did notice some mistakes by freshman defense (Alt had a couple glaring ones), Helegeson was the one who seemed to have his skates glued to the ice on several occasions, left to just reach for the puck instead of skating to the UNO forward and taking a body.

I hope everyone learns how to move. It would be nice to see them beating the other team to the puck, instead of standing around, waiting to see what they are going to do.

Comment

The jabs are getting harder... it must be close to game time!!
                    scsuhockey.com
                    CollegeHockeyRecruitExchange.com

Comment

Anyone have lineups yet?
                      tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by GOPHER FREAK View Post
                        These are SCSU fans he is talking to. They don't fully understand the concept of sarcasm.
                        Yes we do, we deal with Gopher and Sioux fans on a constant basis.
                        We're well versed in sarcasm.
                        "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
                        -Gallagher

R.I.P.
                        Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
                        Grandma ~ Jan 2004
                        Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
                        Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

In the last two years Minnesota is 6-2 vs. JBSU.

Just saying.
                          and SCSU was 5-2-3 vs. MN in the 3 years before that. Just sayin.

In any event, the speculation will end in 1 hour and all of us will lace up and put our skills where our mouths are. Wait... none of us are actually playing and have no control over the outcome of the game. Guess we'll let the actual players do the talking for us I suppose. And here I was all ready with the pads and helmet...

I say a split series, SCSU wins by 1 in one game, MN gets an EN in the other game to win by 2.

Comment

I don't usually do predictions, but I'll guess tonight the Gophs either come out flat, and then spend the rest of the game trying to catch up. Or, they'll play like last year and come out with some effort and spend the rest of the game watching as ST. Cloud climbs back into it. I will be surprised if they can put together a full game. (I'm slippin' with the optimism thing again Scoobs.)

Comment

Don't let that single NCAA victory go to your head.

Oops, too late.

Comment

Fark

Comment

Working...
                                X