PDA

View Full Version : Officials' names on their uniforms - Gone... CCHA only? Rule change?

Gomer
10-17-2010, 11:42 AM
Noticed this at MSU's first exhibition game and thought it was something to do with that (like they were Western Ontario's crew or something, IOW... it was a Canadian thing). Then I saw that it was Shegos!!! I noticed again against Maine, no names on their uniforms.

Did the NCAA take them off to try to cut down on abuse from the stands?

Schlacker Rat
10-17-2010, 12:01 PM
I noticed the same thing this weekend during the Brice up here and the same question was discussed amounst us! I thought it was to minimize the ragging.

FlagDUDE08
10-17-2010, 12:08 PM
The ECAC (at least for the RPI games I have attended) continues to use not only names on the back, but also numbers on the upper arm. I wasn't at the Northeastern game, so I don't know about Hockey East.

Federal League
10-17-2010, 12:12 PM
Hockey East actually went the opposite way this year. They haven't had names the last few years and now they do again.

Maine Event
10-17-2010, 12:13 PM
The officials haven't had their names on their uniforms the past few years in Hockey East, but they were back last week when Maine opened up at home.

FlagDUDE08
10-17-2010, 12:17 PM
I might as well add, as a note, that for a couple years (2005 to maybe about 2007 or 2008, I can't remember), the ECAC experimented with no names on the back. Expect this to be a couple year experiment before returning to names on the back.