PDA

View Full Version : Elmira College Soaring Eagles 2010-2011 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

PrezdeJohnson09
10-16-2010, 08:53 PM
Anyone attend the coup de grille last night?

Interested to hear how the boys looked, especially the new guys.

Anyone?

Oswego laid a 17-0 shellacking on the GMJHL all-stars tonight...The Eagles are going to flying into a hornet's nest next weekend at the CC. Better be ready to fly or it could be a rout quickly.

HockeyGuru11
10-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Just looking over there roster and wow they have alot of new players. I know 2 of there new recruits should be studs. I noticed wilcox isnt coming back? Also noticed that they got two transfers from Division 1 schools. Looks like they have a VERY deep roster! Should be interesting!

Hammer
10-18-2010, 11:48 AM
I have one question for the Elmira faithful. I drafted Matt Milne, the incoming freshman goaltender, in the USCHO Fantasy League. Any thoughts on him, or did I just light a draft pick on fire?

PrezdeJohnson09
10-18-2010, 12:06 PM
I have one question for the Elmira faithful. I drafted Matt Milne, the incoming freshman goaltender, in the USCHO Fantasy League. Any thoughts on him, or did I just light a draft pick on fire?

Milne is listed on the roster.

Your 2010-2011 Elmira College Soaring Eagles (http://www.elmira.edu/athletics/sports/mens_hockey/roster)

Hammer
10-18-2010, 12:10 PM
That's great, but is he more likely to see ice time or the side of a milk carton?

Thank you all the same...

bakdraft21
10-18-2010, 12:51 PM
any idea if there will be live streaming video for the game fri night????????

PrezdeJohnson09
10-18-2010, 12:58 PM
From what I have heard and seen Bolin isn't a #1 starting goaltender. McDonald saw limited action last season...Was in goal for the Morrisville loss...(Not his fault at all though)

He's definitely got as good of shot as anyone else for the job.

Elmira has 12 new faces on the roster this year after graduating only four.

Seven players that could have come back are not listed on the roster. Don't know if some didn't return or they just got bumped down to JV or what.

Eamon Lynch 2 games, 0 goals, 1 assist
Andrew Wilcox 28 games, 10 goals, 5 assists
Ryan Jarrell 19 games, 1 goal, 3 assists
Jack Day 20 games, 1 goal, 0 assists
Gene Falsetto 6 games, 0 goals, 0 assists
Brice Crook 6 games, 0 goals, 1 assist
Ryan Davidson 22 games, 0 goals, 5 assists

Wilcox is obviously the biggest surprise and loss.

Christian Morrisette played two years at RPI....1 goal in 8 games in his freshman year and it was a GWG...No games played sophomore year

Wes Consorti should be interesting...He played in 49 games in two years. 2 goals and 7 assists his freshman year in 32 games as well as 2 goals and 5 assists in his sophomore year in 17 games.

PrezdeJohnson09
10-18-2010, 01:00 PM
any idea if there will be live streaming video for the game fri night????????
The Friday game is in Oswego. The athletics webpage should have links to WTOP and WNYO's broadcasts.

The Saturday game is in Elmira and possibly could be on fasthockey. They videostreamed all the home games last year and can't imagine they wouldn't show them this year. You may have to pay for it though.

Hammer
10-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Wow. RPI lost a couple guys to D-III. Adrian got one as well. A little surprising to me that one team would lose two guys to D-III transfers.

PrezdeJohnson09
10-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Wow. RPI lost a couple guys to D-III. Adrian got one as well. A little surprising to me that one team would lose two guys to D-III transfers.
Completely different scenario but I believe they lost at least two guys to the pros as well. I know D'Amigo left and I'm pretty sure another guy did as well.

PrezdeJohnson09
10-18-2010, 01:16 PM
Also...

Jconnor, Jim32, boat4sale, Don, Elbo, RonT....Where are all the Elmira fans...Does anybody have any input from the Coup de Grille on Friday??!!

jconnor
10-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Also...

Jconnor, Jim32, boat4sale, Don, Elbo, RonT....Where are all the Elmira fans...Does anybody have any input from the Coup de Grille on Friday??!!

I didn't attend, I was up in the Great White North throwing back some brown pops:D
I'll be at Oswego though. I have a huge concern over goalie this year, could be our downfall. Looks like we may have to depend on a Freshman again.:rolleyes:

Transplanted Tiger Fan
10-18-2010, 01:44 PM
Also...

:eek: :D :p

Translation - I can't believe you left an RIT fan off your list, yes I was there (for all of the events), and since my opinion means "bunk"... I'll keep it to myself. ;)
Although "the boy" did a good job, according to him. Even got to sit in the good seats at the scorer's table!

bakdraft21
10-18-2010, 02:18 PM
thnks prez, didnt think we would see this game fri night but ill listen for sure

PrezdeJohnson09
10-18-2010, 02:35 PM
:eek: :D :p

Translation - I can't believe you left an RIT fan off your list, yes I was there (for all of the events), and since my opinion means "bunk"... I'll keep it to myself. ;)
Although "the boy" did a good job, according to him. Even got to sit in the good seats at the scorer's table!

Who says your opinion means bunk??!!

We need some chatter about this team. I'm curious about the freshmen and transfers looked. Some of the freshmen had some pretty impressive stats and honors in Juniors.

I guess I'll just have to wait to get my fill on Friday since no one is going to utter a peep?

NUProf
10-18-2010, 02:59 PM

We need some chatter about this team. I'm curious about the freshmen and transfers looked. Some of the freshmen had some pretty impressive stats and honors in Juniors.

I guess I'll just have to wait to get my fill on Friday since no one is going to utter a peep?

So you planning on attending in Purple, Green or Maroon? Maybe you could wear gold :eek:

Hammer
10-18-2010, 03:01 PM
He might end up looking like Grimace.

Transplanted Tiger Fan
10-18-2010, 04:23 PM
Who says my opinion means “bunk”? Only the single most important person to evaluate that opinion... me. (Well, me and “the wife”!). :)

But seriously, I <U><I>try</I></U> to keep my posts free of opinion and stick to that which is fact, sometimes failing miserably. Therefore I preface all following comments by stating a simple fact that I am not a hockey professional, so one could argue that I would not recognize true talent if it were walk-up and pee on my leg. (For those with talent, please do not pee on my leg.)

One statement I made to the Coaching staff this weekend was “I do not envy your position.” There was a ton of talent on the ice, and to pick and choose from that pool of players was certainly not an easy task. My picks do not fully comply with the roster that is up, but that’s why they get the big check and I don’t. Do not ask whom I would have picked, as I will not honor those requests. I respect the Coaches decisions, as they are sure to have more merit than my opinions based on very limited exposure.

As I’m sure many know, fielding a team is based on more than just talent alone. Adaptation to a certain “culture” or “system”, attitude, willingness to learn, personalities (or lack thereof), amongst many other factors come into play. None of which I am privy to. Saul has a history of “proper utilization” of the players he has to work with, and this year much like last year... he has a very talented pool of players to work with.

As for the ‘coup de grille’, some of the returning players appeared to have added another 10mph to their speed from last year. But this was essentially a pick-up game. How the Coaching staff utilizes the players on a regular basis, or in specific situations, may not back-up this observation. Some of the goalies let in more rubber than a Vegas hooker. How the Coaching staff deploys the defense can certainly prevent that from occurring.

I look forward to another great year for Elmira College, and will enjoy watching this group of players evolve. The upcoming Oswego weekend will definitely be a good test for this team, with an entire season full of challenges.

As I have said for many years regarding teams in the ECAC West in absence of an autobid - the NCAA tournament begins <U><I>NOW</I></U>... every game is a playoff game. This team has the depth and potential to succeed.

See you this weekend???

PrezdeJohnson09
10-18-2010, 05:10 PM
See you this weekend???
Only if you're headed to the Campus Center on Friday.

letsgoec
10-18-2010, 05:12 PM
i was at all three games. this is by far the deepest team EC has had in a while. The team now has size and speed so this year should be interesting and a lot of fun to watch.

Eamon Lynch 2 games, 0 goals, 1 assist
Andrew Wilcox 28 games, 10 goals, 5 assists
Ryan Jarrell 19 games, 1 goal, 3 assists
Jack Day 20 games, 1 goal, 0 assists
Gene Falsetto 6 games, 0 goals, 0 assists
Brice Crook 6 games, 0 goals, 1 assist
Ryan Davidson 22 games, 0 goals, 5 assists

Andrew Wilcox transferred before school even started this year.
Gene Falsetto graduated
Jarrell, Day, Crook, Davidson, and Lynch were all moved down to JV.