Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RIT & Niagara @ RPI & Union (10/22, 10/23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIT & Niagara @ RPI & Union (10/22, 10/23)

Almost like a league weekend with two teams visiting the Capital District and facing RPI and Union.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Re: RIT & Niagara @ RPI & Union (10/22, 10/23)

RIT's is on the local Time Warner New York cable network tonight... entering OT with UM Lowell tonight, 4-4. They're playing in Rochester @ the Blue Cross Arena before a reported crowd of 10,000. Loud. Quite a lot of enthusiasm after last year's Frozen Four team.

RIT looks like they have a lot of team speed and strong goaltending.
    Last edited by fr joe; 10-16-2010, 08:52 PM.
    Here we come!

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
      Disagree on that goaltending, yes when it comes to Ropponen and Watson. No when it comes to Madalora. A bunch of the goals he let in were easy stops. He's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by fr joe View Post
        RIT's is on the local Time Warner New York cable network tonight... entering OT with UM Lowell tonight, 4-4. They're playing in Rochester @ the Blue Cross Arena before a reported crowd of 10,000. Loud. Quite a lot of enthusiasm after last year's Frozen Four team.

Maladora was awful tonight in net. Sole reason this one went to overtime...two goals going in from no angle right through the 5 hole...including the GTG with 1 second to go. The rest of the team played pretty well.

I would expect to see either Ropponen or Watson (I think Ropponen was the better of the two in Nebraska) on Friday night.

Comment

Originally posted by Zyklon View Post
          Disagree on that goaltending, yes when it comes to Ropponen and Watson. No when it comes to Madalora. A bunch of the goals he let in were easy stops. He's awful.
          Teams definitely don't want to come to the Cap. Dist. with goaltending issues...both U and RPI can bury pucks and both have excellent goaltending.
          ""Ralph is the Chuck Norris of this board. Ralph doesnt sleep he just waits." - fishcore12

Comment

Hoepfully it's not like the last time RPI and RIT played each other, where, forget the clock, first to 10 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Wicked Slappaahs View Post
              Teams definitely don't want to come to the Cap. Dist. with goaltending issues...both U and RPI can bury pucks and both have excellent goaltending.
              For a freshman watson is unbelievable, and if they just let him mature by playing him a good deal. By his junior and senior year he will be a star. Ropponen has played very good as well, he's quick and little, for good and bad. Madalora looked awful last night and I can't see with the way the other 2 have been playing him getting a start any time soon again.

Comment

I don't know if I reallty want to guage RIT's goaltending after each of them have only played one game. Ropponan and Watson EACH made their first career NCAA start in the UNO Stampede - and Ropponan is a senior. I think pretty much everyone anticipated he would be the third goalie behind Madalora and Watson.

I think it comes down more to the defensemen for RIT. They will need to provide support to whomever is in net.
                2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                2010 Frozen Four participant
                2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                  I don't know if I reallty want to guage RIT's goaltending after each of them have only played one game. Ropponan and Watson EACH made their first career NCAA start in the UNO Stampede - and Ropponan is a senior. I think pretty much everyone anticipated he would be the third goalie behind Madalora and Watson.

I think it comes down more to the defensemen for RIT. They will need to provide support to whomever is in net.
                  Each has had their fair shot. You're too forgiving. If people are playing good you play them. Madalora missed out. He was injured. He played a bad game. He sits. Watson and Ropponen have played 10x better than Madalora did.

Comment

So Watson gives up 4 goals and played 10x better than Madolora in a loss? I agree that Ropponen has looked great so far this year - but don't you find it interesting that this was the year he gets his first start? There must be a reason ....
                    2006-07 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2008-09 Atlantic Hockey Co-Champions!
                    2009-10 Atlantic Hockey Champions!
                    2010 Frozen Four participant
                    2010-11 Atlantic Hockey Champions!

Member of the infamous Corner Crew

Comment

Note to RIT fans...we are in the middle of doing some renovations so please do not come in to the field house and break our glass or anything else we worked hard on thanks. For those who didnt see last night some RIT fan celebrating a goal a little bit too much shattered a piece of glass by banging on it causing at least a 10-15 min stoppage of play in the 3rd period.
                      Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

Originally posted by fishcore12 View Post
                        Note to RIT fans...we are in the middle of doing some renovations so please do not come in to the field house and break our glass or anything else we worked hard on thanks. For those who didnt see last night some RIT fan celebrating a goal a little bit too much shattered a piece of glass by banging on it causing at least a 10-15 min stoppage of play in the 3rd period.
                        you have it wrong. the umass lowell players got ****ed off at the hecklers and smashed the glass with their sticks. the way security and other people spin it is awful. umass lowell has no class and needs anger management classes.

Komey: He gave up 4 goals. so did madalora. Madalora played against an awful team. Watson. not so much.

Comment

you have it wrong. the umass lowell players got ****ed off at the hecklers and smashed the glass with their sticks. the way security and other people spin it is awful. umass lowell has no class and needs anger management classes.
                          Im just going with what I heard on TV last night. Either way it was a joke and please don't break any of our stuff if you come to the game.
                          Last edited by fishcore12; 10-17-2010, 01:30 PM.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

In your own thread, you admit you didn't see it and are purely speculating that a UML player smashed the glass with his stick. You think he did that and not only didn't get ejected, but didn't get a penalty at all?
                            APBWiki

Comment

Originally posted by GRussinko View Post
                              In your own thread, you admit you didn't see it and are purely speculating that a UML player smashed the glass with his stick. You think he did that and not only didn't get ejected, but didn't get a penalty at all?
                              yes, because no-one other than the fans their saw it. the security guards were flustered. grabbed the wrong kid, who had been the antogonist, yes the kid was annoying. they were looking for an excuse to toss him since the beginning. Personally I would be pleased w/ RIT if we never go back to the BCA and build our own thing. They treated our fans like crap.

edit: Alright, i'm getting a little riled up. but i stand for the most part by what i say.

Comment

Working...
                              X