PDA

View Full Version : Setting Sail - Oswego State Lakers 2010-2011 Season Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Laker Ranger
10-16-2010, 08:51 AM
Gentlemen. Ladies. The time has finally come - welcome to a new season of OSU hockey.

Here are some fast links:
2010-2011 Roster - http://athletics.oswego.edu/roster.aspx?path=mhockey

Online Tickets (if available for some contests, *cough*) - https://tickets.oswego.edu/TheatreManager/95/login?event=0

Recruits/Transfers - http://sites.google.com/site/d3commitments/

Shameless Video Plug:D - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNp8TFker6c

Good luck on the road to Minnesota. GO LAKERS!

adfrey
10-16-2010, 10:53 AM
I firmly believe that the success of the lakers this season sits on the shoulders of Paul Beckwith. I'm echoing the words of Ed Gosek in his recent interview for the Oswegonian.
You can have a great team but without the goaltending, we're not going anywhere," Gosek said. "If one of our goalies is 92, 93, 94 save percentage, we'll be right there at the end again. If we don't, it's going to be a struggle to get very far in the playoffs

skipperbob
10-16-2010, 01:37 PM
Anyone else a little concerned about only having two goaltenders on the roster? Beckwith has shown what he can do but just one backup with little experience? Rest of the team seems solid and should be another exciting season.

ThatGuy_11
10-16-2010, 01:41 PM
Anyone else a little concerned about only having two goaltenders on the roster? Beckwith has shown what he can do but just one backup with little experience? Rest of the team seems solid and should be another exciting season.

I think we should be alright. To be honest, with the sheer firepower we have on this team, it might be able to make up for a little lack of depth in the goaltending area. Barring any injuries I think we're poised for another tremendous season

collegehcky2
10-16-2010, 01:58 PM
I think we should be alright. To be honest, with the sheer firepower we have on this team, it might be able to make up for a little lack of depth in the goaltending area. Barring any injuries I think we're poised for another tremendous season

Laws had to suit up in goalie gear two years ago before Captain Cramp came on campus, so you never know what could happen with this team.

LakerEagleLover
10-16-2010, 03:53 PM
Lakers on the 'net tonight with WTOP and WNYO....both can be found on new athletic website.....

http://athletics.oswego.edu/

collegehcky2
10-16-2010, 06:10 PM
For the first broadcast of the year, WTOP is pretty good. The color analyst is good and the pbp guy is slowly getting better.

2-0 Lakers by the way if anyone cares.

MountieBoyOz
10-16-2010, 06:28 PM
Let's hope the other team doesn't try to goon it up if they get too far behind. I'd hate for someone to be out for the EC games for some stupid stuff.

collegehcky2
10-16-2010, 06:53 PM
Let's hope the other team doesn't try to goon it up if they get too far behind. I'd hate for someone to be out for the EC games for some stupid stuff.

Since it's an exhibition, if they do get tossed, do they have to sit out?

Also, this team is fast and aggressive, the defensemen like to pinch. If Elmira can transition the puck quickly from the defensive zone, there's going to be a lot of oddman rushes.

LakerEagleLover
10-16-2010, 07:03 PM
8-0 and it's not that close......still more than 10 min remain in the 2nd.... WTOP has picked up where they left off - the best college hockey online broadcast period.

collegehcky2
10-16-2010, 07:34 PM
8-0 and it's not that close......still more than 10 min remain in the 2nd.... WTOP has picked up where they left off - the best college hockey online broadcast period.

Broadcast has been good, hopefully next week they can be a little more fluid and accurate with their information.

I hate to nitpick but they keep saying how strong the SUNYAC is, alluding to it being one of the strongest conferences in the country. Really, because after Oswego and Plattsburgh, the conference is average to below average. It's a top-heavy conference.

And Titanic is being built up way too much by the broadcast. This team is deep and the freshmen aren't going to get a ton of time.

This Boots kid is impressive; great puck skills, finds open space well, plays good D.

skipperbob
10-16-2010, 07:49 PM
I left at the end of the Second period, 8-0 Oswego and outshot Bradford 45 - 7. Don't think this was much of a test to see how good they are.

LakerEagleLover
10-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Yeah - the crew and talent will continue to get tighter as the season rolls on...tough for everyone to stay focused in an exhibition blowout... Don't know enough about SUNYAC to weigh in...

LakerEagleLover
10-16-2010, 07:51 PM
I left at the end of the Second period, 8-0 Oswego and outshot Bradford 45 - 7. Don't think this was much of a test to see how good they are.

Ed should think twice before booking another all star team..... Elmira will be nothing like these kids.

collegehcky2
10-16-2010, 08:16 PM
17-0 Lakers with under 2 left to play.

Edit: It's a final.

I'll say it:

Oswego has no class.

Irishdave
10-16-2010, 08:18 PM
17 -0 I think a Green and Gold game would have been better

ThatGuy_11
10-16-2010, 08:38 PM
17-0. without a doubt the single most ridiculous shellacking that i have ever seen on skates. ya gotta feel bad for the other folks. our crowd was cheering in the 3rd when the goalie made saves!!! no class? perhaps. exceptionally talented players. yes. regardless of that fact that this wasn't exactly a challenge i liked everything that i saw. great puck movement, good communication, good defense and great finishing. REALLY excited about next week. bring 'em on!!!!!

collegehcky2
10-16-2010, 08:45 PM
17-0. without a doubt the single most ridiculous shellacking that i have ever seen on skates. ya gotta feel bad for the other folks. our crowd was cheering in the 3rd when the goalie made saves!!! no class? perhaps. exceptionally talented players. yes. regardless of that fact that this wasn't exactly a challenge i liked everything that i saw. great puck movement, good communication, good defense and great finishing. REALLY excited about next week. bring 'em on!!!!!

It's a board joke, brah. Don't mind it.

PrezdeJohnson09
10-16-2010, 08:46 PM
Elmira:17 Oswego: 0

Early line. :)

LakerEagleLover
10-16-2010, 08:52 PM

Going from a high school team to an NCAA final 8 squad home and home will tell us a lot about this year's team....