Originally posted by norm1909
    Who are Norwich's DI transfers??
    "We've" encorporates Elmira, Oswego, Norwich
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

• Re: Setting Sail - Oswego State Lakers 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
      "We've" encorporates Elmira, Oswego, Norwich
      I believe there is a moratorium against umbrellas such as this - particularly those that span 3 conferences, with luck, you will only face censure.
      Larry Normandin
      SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
      WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Anyone notice that the nominations for the USCHO Three Stars of the week are all D-I? Is this just strictly a D-I thing or can D-III players be nominated? If D-III players can be nominated then it doesn't appear that D-III fans are involved.

Comment

• Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
          Anyone notice that the nominations for the USCHO Three Stars of the week are all D-I? Is this just strictly a D-I thing or can D-III players be nominated? If D-III players can be nominated then it doesn't appear that D-III fans are involved.
          They are trying it at d-1 first and then possibly expanding to d-3
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Oswego will be getting a transfer from NCAA D1 Niagara...

I do not have any more information other than that.

Comment

Originally posted by WNYHOCKEY66 View Post
              Oswego will be getting a transfer from NCAA D1 Niagara...

I do not have any more information other than that.
              Andrew Hair, he lost out on getting any significant ice time.
              Larry Normandin
              SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
              WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                And there's the goalie. Did you have fun Hall? Because it's back to being a forward, buddy. If I remember correctly, he can start practicing after Saturday, when the semester is over, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by norm1909 View Post
                  Logged a lot of minutes in Juniors. It will be nice having a third goalie on the roster if he ends up coming.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/playerpage.html?playerid=1069637&seasonid=2149
                  93GreatLaker

2012-13 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2011-12 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2010-11 LPS Losers Bracket Champion
                  2008-09 DIII College Hockey Pool Champion
                  2008-09 SUNYAC Pick-em Champion

Comment

I am under the impression that Niagara's starter Carsen Chubak is out for the season with a knee injury so I have to say this move doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I of course don't know all the factors but if Chubak is done for the year and Hare transfers to Oswego, Niagara only has one goalie left in Chris Noonan. Oswego could certainly use a third option but given Niagara's situation I think they could probably use him more, unless they have something else planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Laker28 View Post
                      I am under the impression that Niagara's starter Carsen Chubak is out for the season with a knee injury so I have to say this move doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I of course don't know all the factors but if Chubak is done for the year and Hare transfers to Oswego, Niagara only has one goalie left in Chris Noonan. Oswego could certainly use a third option but given Niagara's situation I think they could probably use him more, unless they have something else planned.
                      Plattsburgh needs Hare a lot more than Oswego does.

And why does Oswego need Hare? Beckwith is more than adequate, who I don't believe gets the credit he deserves. As long as his injury isn't as serious as he's letting on, I don't see Hare getting anymore playing time at Oswego than he did at Niagara.

Besides, look how well the last DI goalie transfer worked out at Oswego...
                      Russell Jaslow
                      [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                      U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

And why does Oswego need Hare? Beckwith is more than adequate, who I don't believe gets the credit he deserves. As long as his injury isn't as serious as he's letting on, I don't see Hare getting anymore playing time at Oswego than he did at Niagara.

I am trying to reply but my hands and legs are cramping up.....
                        also gave a quick look at Hares stats not to good but did stand on his head against northeastern with 42 saves
                        Last edited by bakdraft21; 12-16-2010, 08:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 93GreatLaker View Post
                          Logged a lot of minutes in Juniors. It will be nice having a third goalie on the roster if he ends up coming.

http://www.pointstreak.com/prostats/...&seasonid=2149
                          If true, I see him battling with Jones for the No. 2 spot and probably being No.3 because his stats, especially at Niagra, aren't impressive enough to think he could start in front of Beckwith.

Comment

Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

Beckwith is more than adequate sure, but having an unproven Jones with Joe Hall as his backup was not a good situation last weekend. Having a third goalie that has at least stopped some pucks helps the psyche of the players, the fans and the coaches. Plus a little more competition never really hurts.

Beckwith hopes to be back by the Pathfinder so Hare will probably be on the bench. That is basically what I was getting at, why leave Niagara hanging with one goalie to go to Oswego where you are probably going to be number 3 behind Beckwith and Jones? Unless a change of scenery improves his numbers a lot and he is more talented than those numbers show he wont play much if Beckwith returns as quickly as he plans on.

As for the last D1 goalie transfer, I thought Potter did pretty good, the team was 10-2 with him in net with both losses to Plattsburgh. He was a headcase with all his cramping in important games and people blamed him for the SUNYAC finals loss, but without him I don't think they would have made it that far. Beckwith was just coming back from injury and Hyk was just not very good.

Comment

Hare is very talented. He has had a few outstanding "standing on his head" type games for us. But he also does not always bring his A game. He does not practice well, needs to do better in his conditioning and may need an attitude adjustment. But he came out of juniors rated as probably the number two or three goalie in Ontario for his year. He has been a major disappointment but has shown flashes of great talent.
                              GO PURPS!
                              Real Men wear PURPLE!

www.gwinnettgladiators.com

I am ... a New Yorker by birth, Southern by the Grace of God

Comment

Originally posted by mdmadison View Post
                                If true, I see him battling with Jones for the No. 2 spot and probably being No.3 because his stats, especially at Niagra, aren't impressive enough to think he could start in front of Beckwith.
                                Hare is far too talented to be a 3rd string dIII goalie. For those who haven't seen him play, he's certainly a D1 talent - athletic, and moves very well in the net. Sounds like consistency has been an issue, but he's certainly capable of pushing Beckwith and that has to be a good thing for the lakers.

Comment

Working...
                                X