X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Setting Sail - Oswego State Lakers 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    I believe that's what I had said 3 posts earlier...
    Did not see that post. Apologies. Only saw the latter.
    The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
    "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
    GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
    GO LAKERS!!!
    GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
    "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
    Oswego State '09

Comment

I think Jonesy is going to surprise some folks tomorrow night. He is not Paul but he is going to do just fine. As for the team stepping up to help him out, I think it is going to be the other way around where Dan steps up to help the team out when they have a miscue like Paul has so far this year. The Lakers will need to play a good game regardless of who is in net. Go Lakers!! Jonesy, you are the man now show us what you've got.

Comment

What ever happens - happens, not much can be done about it now. Rest of the team needs to step it up - should be interesting to see how they handle this. Next conference game isn't until Jan 21. Plenty of time for Beckwith to get healthy and they can concentrate on winning there to get in the post season.

Comment

What's the over-under on Utica goals tonight?

I'll be optimistic and say 2...both on the Power Play...
          Oswego'08, '10

From the shores of Lake Ontario to the island of Hilton Head...

2011-2012 SUNYAC Pick 'Em Champion!
          2011-2012 D3FHL Overall Points Champs!

Comment

Interesting game tonight...Utica's playing very well...at the Aud it was tied 1-1 in the third a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will be close tonight. Shots were 19-17...Students gone yet...tickets available ???
            Last edited by sshablak; 12-10-2010, 07:51 AM.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I'm going to Hobart tomorrow, if someone wants a ride from campus down there and back I could use the company as my gf has to work and can't go.
              http://www.patriottreeco.com

Comment

Interesting game tonight...Utica's playing very well...at the Aud it was tied 1-1 in the third a few weeks ago. Hopefully it will be close tonight. Shots were 19-17...Students gone yet...tickets available ???
                Students are still around....but at 9:45am ticket availability online was listed as "good"

Box Office Information
                Phone Number : (315) 312-3073

The Campus Center Box Office's regular hours of operation are Mon.-Wed. 10 a.m.-5 p.m. and Thurs.-Fri. 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Thank you
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

A rather random bit - Jones is going to be the first Canadian goalie I've ever seen play for the Lakers. Not since beyond Fall '08 anyways - Beckwith, Potter, KGT: all Americans. Sing O Canada extra loud tonight.

This is gonna be an interesting game all around. As long as the D doesn't serve up too many ridiculous passes out of the zone, DJ's gonna have a good chance. As good a chance as any with this team, at least.
                    "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                    this is for you."
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

Originally posted by Laker Ranger View Post
                      A rather random bit - Jones is going to be the first Canadian goalie I've ever seen play for the Lakers. Not since beyond Fall '08 anyways - Beckwith, Potter, KGT: all Americans. Sing O Canada extra loud tonight.

This is gonna be an interesting game all around. As long as the D doesn't serve up too many ridiculous passes out of the zone, DJ's gonna have a good chance. As good a chance as any with this team, at least.
                      Chris Hyk's a canuck.

Comment

Here are Dan Jone's numbers from when he played on the Markham Waxers during the 08-09 season.

GP: 33
                        MIN: 1724
                        GA: 95
                        GAA: 3.30
                        W: 21
                        L: 5
                        T: 1
                        Svs: 950
                        Pct: .909
                        SO: 1

Comment

Originally posted by collegehcky2 View Post
                          Chris Hyk's a canuck.
                          Geez, must've missed those games - I honestly don't remember Hyk. But, you're right. It's been almost two years though since then.
                          "To all those graduating with a heart that will forever beat for hockey at a certain place on Lake Ontario...
                          this is for you."
                          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Screw rebuilding - we RELOAD here!

Comment

I'll be at the game tonight. I hope everyone is loud and SUPPORTIVE of Jones! He needs us, he'll do fine tonight

Comment

Does anyone have a Lakers jersey I can borrow for tomorrow nights game in Geneva I just put a fresh coat of green paint on the horn.....

In all seriousness, I think Jones will be fine. Just as someone mentioned, maybe this is exactly what Oswego needs to cure their defensive "issues"...you don't come to a program like Oswego and not be worth something. Who knows...maybe he will turn out to be a great asset to the Lakers
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Good Karma Alert - the Lady Lakers are beating D1 Sacred Heart 7-0 on the Campus Center ice....let's hope they didn't use up the school's daily goal allotment from the hockey gods...
                                LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

Working...
                                X