Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Some more Hobey press for Justin Schultz.

http://insidecollegehockey.com/inch/...trackler_0918/

Comment

Well just about a week away till the red hot Badgers take on Omaha for the first time in the WCHA. Hopefully they do well otherwise there is no point for me to go.
      Don't know what I am genna do this weekend without Badger hockey.
      WISCONSIN BADGERS
      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
        Well just about a week away till the red hot Badgers take on Omaha for the first time in the WCHA. Hopefully they do well otherwise there is no point for me to go.
        Don't know what I am genna do this weekend without Badger hockey.

I heard something about some football game being on.

Comment

Originally posted by RonWolf View Post
          I heard something about some football game being on.
          Who's playing?
          Wisconsin Badgers
          NCAA Champions 1973 1977 1981 1983 1990 2006

Comment

That's Sunday not Saturday, and i'm not big with the NFL or any professional sport really (except NHL). Plus with all media coverage it kinda gets annoying and forces me to turn the channel.
            WISCONSIN BADGERS
            NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
            WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
            WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
            B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
            Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Just wanted to give another plug for the Joe Pavelski charity golf tournament. Not going to lie, it's an awesome time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Just wanted to give another plug for the Joe Pavelski charity golf tournament. Not going to lie, it's an awesome time.
                My son is a huge Pavs fan, what does the reception include?

Kind of a sucky night for UW in that all the teams right behind them won.
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

A good night in that the teams chasing lost, except for UAA.

HUGE series at UNO, I'd say the biggest series of the year. A split or sweep keeps them in the running for 4th place, getting swept puts UW in a battle royal for home ice.

Go Pack Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post

HUGE series at UNO, I'd say the biggest series of the year. A split or sweep keeps them in the running for 4th place, getting swept puts UW in a battle royal for home ice.

Go Pack Go!
                    Other than finishing in the top 6, I'm not sure I really care where UW finishes - they aren't going to be higher than 4th anyways probably. It's all about the PWR...obviously winning as much as possible will help that cause as well.

Comment

Originally posted by aktick View Post
                      Other than finishing in the top 6, I'm not sure I really care where UW finishes - they aren't going to be higher than 4th anyways probably. It's all about the PWR...obviously winning as much as possible will help that cause as well.
                      I agree. I'm old fashioned in a way wanting them to finish as high as possible in the league. As long as they make the ncaa's where anything can happen, I'm happy.

I don't know much about UNO....
                      UNO has 5 guys averaging about a pt a game or less. UW has 4 guys averaging a point a game or more.

UW has outscored UNO 103-95 and allowed 60 vs UNO's 69.

The biggest differance is Goody has a 1.77 gaa and .935 save and Faulkner has a 2.46 gaa and .911 save %. Faulkner has 6 s/o (4 for Goody), so it must be when you beat Faulkner, you beat him often.

PP's are almost dead even UW 20%, UNO 19%, PK is 85.3 for UW and 83.7 for UNO.

Montpetit is having a nice fr year, playing all 28 games with 17 points.

UW is just a tad better in all catagories, but Goody is a large advantage for UW.

Comment

I just want to be the first in this forum to say...

4 > 0

Comment

Yeah Timothy, the numbers are close, as a UNO fan I'm of course hoping for a sweep, but this should be a good weekend of hockey.

Comment

Go Pack Go!
                            Originally posted by aktick View Post
                            I agree. I'm old fashioned in a way wanting them to finish as high as possible in the league. As long as they make the ncaa's where anything can happen, I'm happy.

Its too early to be talking playoffs. Other than maybe St Cloud, there arent any remaining games where a win is a given.
                            Last edited by GoBucky36; 02-08-2011, 04:48 PM.
                            A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                            Originally posted by MadCityRich
                            He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                            Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                            "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

While the numbers are close, since the Badgers lost a 2nd OT game to Duluth in November they are 13-2-1. Over that same stretch, UNO is 7-8-1. UNO started hot last season too in the CCHA and then faded, not saying the same thing is happening, and the Badgers are on the road, but UW should be ready to go after a week off to get completely healthy.

UNO doesn't have the star power, but they have a lot of good players and a great coach. I'd be happy w/ a split, anything more would be a bonus. A split or more basically locks up this comparison in the PWR.
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                                Originally posted by MadCityRich
                                He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                                Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                                "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

Working...
                                X