Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Badgers 2010-2011, The next generation.

The task looks a bit tougher than thought after last weekend. BS took care of UNO in a couple low scoring affairs. The boys just need to bear down and gut out a couple wins.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Just heard on the radio that the Goofs offered Barry the football job up there. He turned it down evidently.

As if. So you give up this to go to that? And have Bielema crush you repeatedly?

Oh yeah, hockey...

Badgers sweep this weekend because I say so.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Oh yeah, hockey...

Badgers sweep this weekend because I say so.
        Are you Wisconsin's version of Dirty?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
          Just heard on the radio that the Goofs offered Barry the football job up there. He turned it down evidently.

As if. So you give up this to go to that? And have Bielema crush you repeatedly?
          Kind of hard to believe, but than again we are dealing with the Gophers....
          Operation Iraqi Freedom IV - FOB Falcon/FOB Loyalty - Baghdad, Iraq
          Operation Iraqi Freedom II - FOB Danger - Tikrit, Iraq
          Kosovo Force 4B - Camp Monteith - Gnjilane, Kosovo

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Are you Wisconsin's version of Dirty?
            I wish.

He's one of the only people on this board that I will only reluctantly directly engage. He's good...

I was just adding hockey content so that I couldn't be hated on for getting off topic.

Comment

The task looks a bit tougher than thought after last weekend. BS took care of UNO in a couple low scoring affairs. The boys just need to bear down and gut out a couple wins.
              They just need to come out and play some WI hockey and take care of business. I'm not going to underestimate BSU and think it will be easy for the Badgers, but these should be two games they win. The goalies need to play solid, and the team needs to close out the 1st half w/ some offense (SOG, guys in front of the net, etc) and play some solid D. Simple formula. Other than UND, this team has been right in it w/ everyone, its been a roller coaster, but its time to start pulling it together going into 2011.

Looking at the WCHA overall, UW does have a lot of work to do down the stretch to get home ice in the 1st round. North Dakota, Duluth and Denver have all established themselves on the top, Omaha had a hot start as well (though they did that last year in the CCHA and slid down). CC, UW, minnesota, maybe even Mankato and St Cloud (don't count them out yet) will be fighting it out for the last 2 or 3 spots. Luckily for UW, other than a road series at Duluth, they don't play the top three again, and have a series at Omaha late in the regular season. If they aren't gelling and winning consistently in the WCHA by late February it might not matter anyway.

Excited to see Bemidji at the Kohl Center for the first time in the WCHA, see what they got.
              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
              Originally posted by UWisco
              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

yup. BSU took care of business against UNO and that's a pretty tall order. I hope UW plays 120 minutes w/no alibis no regrets this weekend
                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                  They just need to come out and play some WI hockey and take care of business. I'm not going to underestimate BSU and think it will be easy for the Badgers, but these should be two games they win. The goalies need to play solid, and the team needs to close out the 1st half w/ some offense (SOG, guys in front of the net, etc) and play some solid D. Simple formula. Other than UND, this team has been right in it w/ everyone, its been a roller coaster, but its time to start pulling it together going into 2011.

Looking at the WCHA overall, UW does have a lot of work to do down the stretch to get home ice in the 1st round. North Dakota, Duluth and Denver have all established themselves on the top, Omaha had a hot start as well (though they did that last year in the CCHA and slid down). CC, UW, minnesota, maybe even Mankato and St Cloud (don't count them out yet) will be fighting it out for the last 2 or 3 spots. Luckily for UW, other than a road series at Duluth, they don't play the top three again, and have a series at Omaha late in the regular season. If they aren't gelling and winning consistently in the WCHA by late February it might not matter anyway.

Excited to see Bemidji at the Kohl Center for the first time in the WCHA, see what they got.
                  Amen to that, theres no excuse for Bucky not getting the sweep this weekend and they need to continue getting the Ws if they intend to be a relevant team by the end of the season.
                  A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                  Originally posted by MadCityRich
                  He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                  Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                  "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...120710aab.html
                    USA Hockey announced on Tuesday that sophomore defenseman John Ramage (St. Louis) is one of 29 players and one of 10 defenseman named to the preliminary roster for the U.S. National Junior Team that will take part in a pre-tournament camp from Dec. 17-23 in Tory, Rochester, Jamestown and Amherst, N.Y. The 2011 International Ice Hockey Federation World Junior Championship runs Dec. 26 through Jan. 5 in Buffalo, N.Y.
                    A Badger living in Buckeye country.
                    Originally posted by MadCityRich
                    He blossomed after he left the U, and they still named a city in Minnesota after him?
                    Sieve, Minnesota? Never heard of it.
                    Originally posted by Timothy A
                    I know my distain of anything and everything related to IL or MN is totally insane, but that's me; you can't change the genetics.
                    "The state of North Dakota may not exist. It's like South Dakota's Canadian girlfriend." -- Stephen Colbert

Comment

I say when Ramage leaves for WJC we put Drake on the ice for a weekend and not have Springer out there. Simonelli paired with Johnson and Faust paired with Drake. Haha
                      WISCONSIN BADGERS
                      NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                      WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                      WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                      B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                      Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                        I say when Ramage leaves for WJC we put Drake on the ice for a weekend and not have Springer out there. Simonelli paired with Johnson and Faust paired with Drake. Haha
                        I could see Drake getting some ice time during the UMass series. I don't think Butters has the balls to pair him with Faust, but I could see them pairing Drake up with Johnson for a night to see how he handles it. In fact, I kind of want to see it.

Comment

See what Drake has. Also to me since I go to Badger game every Saturday it seems to me Simonelli wants to get into the rush more (get more scoring chances), his lone goal was a bute on the rush. Also does Drake have any scoring capabalities because neither does Johnson or Ramage.
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            See what Drake has. Also to me since I go to Badger game every Saturday it seems to me Simonelli wants to get into the rush more (get more scoring chances), his lone goal was a bute on the rush. Also does Drake have any scoring capabalities because neither does Johnson or Ramage.
                            What!? Ramage has no scoring ability? Because he doesn't show it often, doesn't mean he doesn't have it. He has some blasts last season, sure he is no Schultz but who is. I think Ramage is just fine on offense, but that isn't his role w/ the team, different story next season.

As for Chase Drake, at this point, would it be better for him not to play and redshirt than to play one game against UMASS and lose a year of eligibility? I'm not even sure if that is a possibility for him, but it could be. Ryan Little could always move back to the blue line if needed due to injuries. Just a thought.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I didn't mean by Ramage can't score I meant he never really scores he's a great player but better on defense.
                              WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Hey Chuck I saw your post on Twitter (1st time I went to your Twitter) and saw your joke on how you retire as much as Urban Myer. To me I thought it was pretty clever. Haha
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS

Comment

Working...
                                X