Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Maybe this accounts for Hokydad's optimism.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...26#post4921726

Two belts, baby. We're champions of some imaginary contest! Woot.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
      Cav that is what I was trying to say with alot less words.......the teams they have played are not that good, PC is lacking a player or 2, and with the weak schedule running until December they could use those games to develop the younger players or these same kids could get down on themselves and be lost for the year....I do agree the new coachs have changed the way the team plays and with Vel returning as the Quarterback the play should be better on the PP....can a sniper be made I hope so......my point is they are not any better than they have shown, lower level HE, 7th or lower in the end
      Shamelessly, relentlessly, unbelievably, unforgivably negative. Get out of this thread, NOW!!

Comment

Congrats to Hockey East Defensive Player of the week Alex Beaudry. Read release here. Also mentioned was Derek Army, Chris Rooney and Tim Schaller.

Nice to have a four game unbeaten streak and some nice mentions at the HEA website.

Comment

Jon the only belts we seem to get come from a bottle after most games !!!!!!

Comment

the last time PC started out with this many wins at home was 2005-2006...and I was a freshman in high school.
            Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
              the last time PC started out with this many wins at home was 2005-2006...and I was a freshman in high school.
              And the rest of us were here hoping that it was the start of good things to come!!!

BTW 13 You made the rest of us feel old with that brief trip down memory lane.

Comment

hahaha very old...do you per chance know a Lauren Salvucci? She's an education major and in the 2013 class at PC.
                Before there was a band there was "the drum guy"

@SalvucciM

Comment

Originally posted by Salvo1017 View Post
                  hahaha very old...do you per chance know a Lauren Salvucci? She's an education major and in the 2013 class at PC.
                  I've heard of her! I hear that she is an ABSOLUTE saint and the treasure of the Salvucci family!!! I also heard that EVERYONE in the Salvucci family is top notch and of the highest character EXCEPT for the son that went to Merrimack instead of studying hard enough to attend PC.

I'm sure PC13 knows your sister from classes and the like as PC is a small community and I think it's great that you and your sis have a lot to go back and forth on.
                  Wishing your team a solid rest of the year Salvo, as long as they are not facing our Friars! All the best.

Comment

Originally posted by PC91 View Post
                    I've heard of her! I hear that she is an ABSOLUTE saint and the treasure of the Salvucci family!!! I also heard that EVERYONE in the Salvucci family is top notch and of the highest character EXCEPT for the son that went to Merrimack instead of studying hard enough to attend PC.

I'm sure PC13 knows your sister from classes and the like as PC is a small community and I think it's great that you and your sis have a lot to go back and forth on.
                    Wishing your team a solid rest of the year Salvo, as long as they are not facing our Friars! All the best.
                    hahaha I got into PC but hey..$$ talks, couldn't pass up the package MC sent my way. and right back atchya - love seeing the friars do well...bball too

And ya, she's the baby of the family, what little sis wants lil sis gets..you know how it goes.

@SalvucciM

Comment

Salvo- I can relate to your post on a many levels. I can tell it was PC's loss not offering you a better package. Hey, you should have applied as coach of one of our athletic teams. AD 'Hockey Guy" would have given you a boatload of money based on what he HOPED you could do for the school.

Comment

haha oh boy, well hey maybe its the beginning of a turnaround for Army? Seems like the recruits this year have done well, and they're playing some great blue-collar hard-work type hockey.

@SalvucciM

Comment

I actually don't know her, which IS actually kinda strange. We have a few mutual friends on facebook though.

Is Alabama-Huntsville going to be good? I'm concerned that if this weekend doesn't end well it could be a bad sign for the rest of the season, with NU and Maine up ahead.
                          Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Looking at Alabama-Huntsville 1-8-1 record we better sweep or its downhill from there

Comment

Originally posted by JP1
                              don't let the record fool you...very young team with 12 fr including both goalies who have played so far...split with ferris who took 5 of 6 pts from #1 miami...on the road tied mich st and lost 2-1 with a goal waived off...coming off 4 straight travel weekends and got dominated by ohio state last time out so would expect them to be ready to play...
                              JP1 I don't want you to think that PC fans are calling for a sweep because we are taking your team lightly or that this weekend should be some kind of walk over. PC fans know as well as any fan base that a team's record doesn't always equate to a team being a pushover and that this will be a hard fought series.

Saty is saying that if PC can't beat a team team that is 1-8-1, no matter how scrappy A-H plays, then it is all down hill for the Friars this year. Good teams win these kinds of series against struggling teams. Good teams play at a steady level, especially when playing against a struggling team. AH is a struggling team and PC tends to play up or down to the competition anyway.
                              Only a few Friars fans think that this team will be above 6th/7th place in Hockeyeast this season. Anything less than a sweep of a team that is 1-8-1 would change expectations quite a bit in my view as to whether this team is a contender or a pretender.

Again, I'd be hard pressed to find anyone from this fan base (a real PC fan, not a prev troll) who would be inclided to either over hype the Friars as a top tier HE team OR take any D1 opponent lightly or feel that any series is a walk. Just look at our embarassing recent history if you want to get a feel of how Friars fans look at the competition and set expectations.

I have them finishing 6th in HE!!!!

Comment

91 I still think they are out of the playoffs.....are these games available on line anywhere ?

Comment

Working...
                                X