Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

That would seem so...

also impressive variety of teams in your signature btw AMC.
    Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Ah F#ck... let me know when there is finally something to celebrate.
      Let's GO FRIARS!!
      Let's GO FRIARS!!

Mikey Sweeps!!

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
        It really looks like the team is trying to take a proactive role in hastening Keno's demise.
        lol, though I'm not sure that was intentional. They're just pretty awful, to be honest. I've seen few teams play defense (or attempt to play defense) the way his teams have...seriously, if you can stand up with your arms in the air, you can play D for the Friars.

I also agree with 13 that it's completely over for Davis. There's no way on earth they're going to let him return to the Dunk next season and endure a whole season of boos from the hostile crowds -- at least the ones who will show up should he return. Whoever they get, it can't be this bad. He's in over his head, like a deer in the headlights, and completely clueless -- in addition to having had a litany of off-court issues that ought to be grounds enough for termination.

It won't be long now...he's absolutely finished and, tonight, he looked it. From his body language to the feeling you get from hearing other members of the media, there's no way he's not getting the axe.
        Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-09-2011, 01:15 AM.

Comment

Jim Donaldson says it's time to fire Davis and Army now.

We are at a crossroads for PC athletics yet again...going to be an interesting ride....

http://hoopsblog.projo.com/2011/03/what-are-you-wa.html

Comment

Keno has 6 yrs left on a fat contract......Timmy has 2

Comment

One of the comments on Donaldson's Projo blog said

Grapes51 said:
              Tim Army is NOT a horrible coach! It is unfortunate that statements like yours are allowed! I have worked with Timmy and he is an extremely knowledgeable and capable coach and teacher. The problem with PC Hockey is being able to recruit the right student athletes who are committed to acquiring an education first and foremost. When players leave to play pro hockey, or return to play Junior hockey you can't blame the coach for those types of departures. These kids, (when recruited) do not think beyond the idea of playing hockey. They dismiss the fact that they have to study as well. That is part of the commitment, they are not taking seriously. To that end, coaches should not be held accountable for any of this behavior. It is just a sign of the times......If Tim is relieved of his duties as coach, I am sure there are plenty of other programs that would love to have him in their program. He is a good man!
              Just thought I would share the quote. Of course, all the players who have left the program are the reason why the program is at rock bottom. But then again, according to Tim, he didn't need those players.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post

Just thought I would share the quote. Of course, all the players who have left the program are the reason why the program is at rock bottom. But then again, according to Tim, he didn't need those players.
                I read that comment also. Where has that person been for the last 6 years! The powerplay was the worst in the country this year and near the bottom last year. RI high school programs run a better offense that Army's teams. All of Army's teams for the most part shot the puck as soon as they skate over the blue line. He has no plays and I have no idea what he teaches during the week in practice. Some people need to get their heads out of the sand and take a good honest look at what is going on behind the PC bench. Thou I didn't see the laptop behind the bench this year at the home games!!

Comment

I wonder if Grapes51 is the trainer that Timmy was working closely with a couple of seasons ago? Sure sounds like someone with experience working under Timmy if you ask me.

Perhaps Grapes should have a good wipe of the mouth and get back to fetching coffee. The hockey office doesn't run it's self.

It's funny to read that "Grapes", like Timmy, is blaming the players rather than the one who recruited them!!!! ***!
                  Isn't it strange that Timmy's best years were with someone else's recruits???? Just sayin'.

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post

How many PC players have left for the pro's? Or even return to Junior Hockey? I'm being serious here, I am sure there are a few but Grapes51 makes it sound like its a mass exodus every year... Does anyone have any numbers?
                    Originally posted by Hokydad
                    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Comment

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
                      How many PC players have left for the pro's? Or even return to Junior Hockey? I'm being serious here, I am sure there are a few but Grapes51 makes it sound like its a mass exodus every year... Does anyone have any numbers?
                      I don't have numbers but I have never seen a coach so unable to hold onto his players during his tenure as Army. Having defections from the prior coach's regime is one thing -- and he saw mass defections once he took over and in the following seasons -- but Army has also lost an ample amount of his own recruits over the years. It's probably quite substantial when you match it up with the retention rate of other coaches.

Of course, "Sour"Grapes seems to neglect the fact that perhaps these kids are leaving because the program is a disaster and Army doesn't know how to coach them. And if they're so troubled, as 91 says, doesn't Army get some of that blame since he brought them in?

Comment

1 Down, 1 to go...

CBSSports reporting that Davis and PC are about to engage in preliminary discussions on a buyout.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...of-coach-davis

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
                          1 Down, 1 to go...

CBSSports reporting that Davis and PC are about to engage in preliminary discussions on a buyout.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...of-coach-davis
                          Those replacements are, frankly, underwhelming. If you are going to spend that money on a buyout, you need to make a splash with the replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by AMC View Post
                            Those replacements are, frankly, underwhelming. If you are going to spend that money on a buyout, you need to make a splash with the replacement.
                            I wouldn't read a whole lot into the names they mentioned -- there's no way they would ever pursue Laranaga again after he turned them down before. On the other hand, I don't know what kind of "big splash" they realistically could make. How attractive is the PC job right now? Ed Cooley seems, at least to me, to be the type of guy who knows this area and could do a good job at a place like Providence.

They really just need someone competent, someone who could start digging this team out of the basement. Even Tim Welsh looked like a genius compared to Keno, whose claim to fame was inheriting his father's program and winning in a pre-established spot. Yes he won Coach of the Year, but what was it based on?

What is interesting is where this would leave PC with Army...
                            Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-09-2011, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Merry Christmas: http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...nald,_army.php
                              #NewMass

Comment

With our luck Driscoll will hire MacDonald

Comment

Working...
                                X