Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Based on what I saw tonight, Providence is going to win some games. Home ice? Might be a stretch, but a 6th place finish and a 1st round upset isn't out of the question.

They lack finish, but are big and played hard all night. And they have a solid goalie.

Til next time...
    It Happened!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bomber View Post
      They lack finish, but are big and played hard all night. And they have a solid goalie.
      Guess he was better than he was Friday night. I'm glad they "kept it close," but I think this team is well past the point of moral victories by the time you enter Season 6 of a coach's regime.

Anyway, 4 straight losses...Hokyfraud doesn't even have an October trophy to hoist this season!

Comment

i'm not too worried. by all accounts PC played a decent game and just couldn't score. at least the intensity was there.
        also...today saw shamanski join the lineup and he replaced velischek. i thought velischek had been doing fairly well, and i'm confused.

will anyone be at the game at pc vs umass next week? should be interesting.
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Awesome. The game they need defense, they can't play defense. The game they need goalscoring, they have no goal scoring.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
          -Blackadder
          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
          -Casablanca
          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Makes me wonder just how good Northeastern is

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
              Makes me wonder just how good Northeastern is
              I would say they have proven to be a very solid team. They lost 2-0 to BC with the 2nd goal being an empty netter, then this weekend a tie with UNH and they just won at UML 3-1 with the 3rd goal an empty netter.
              Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by PcFriars13 View Post
                i thought velischek had been doing fairly well, and i'm confused.
                Alex was on the receiving end of a solid hit in the UML that seemed to have some after affects. Hopefully with all the concerns about concussions these days that i t was only precaution, we will see as the week progesses.
                Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

oh yikes! i hope he's okay.
                  Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

oh yikes! i hope he's okay.
                    Had nothing what so ever to do with a concussion. He injured his ankle and will be back vs U Mass this weekend.

They are a very improved team, saw them play at BU. Team looks good and Cross and Adams, 2 of the freshmen look very good. Army is also a solid contributor who gets his points.
                    Outside one spurt, they carried the play and outshot BU 40-20. From all accounts, should have won vs Lowell as they were up 3-1 and playing well. They should learn by that.

They should get better as the 4 freshmen blend in more and I would be surprised if this is not a 6/7th place at worst Hockey East team. Maybe better....

Comment

Hokydad, do you realize how snobby you sound? Seriously guy. Thanks for the info regarding Velischek, but there's a polite way to say it. Cavbim made a reasonable and rational guess as to why he wouldn't be playing, and you make it sound like he said something completely unreasonable.

I agree with everything else you said though.

Comment

Hokydad, do you realize how snobby you sound? Seriously guy. Thanks for the info regarding Velischek, but there's a polite way to say it. Cavbim made a reasonable and rational guess as to why he wouldn't be playing, and you make it sound like he said something completely unreasonable.

I agree with everything else you said though.
                        Thats ok, not worried about delivery, outside one area. That being a player getting a concussion. last thing a potential pro player wants out there is that he had a concussion or anything like that. It is a real perceived negative in todays age.

To repeat, his injury was an ankle one and had zero to do with a concussion. Didnt even get hit high

Next thing you know someone is saying it on another board and so on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                          Had nothing what so ever to do with a concussion. He injured his ankle and will be back vs U Mass this weekend.

They are a very improved team, saw them play at BU. Team looks good and Cross and Adams, 2 of the freshmen look very good. Army is also a solid contributor who gets his points.
                          Outside one spurt, they carried the play and outshot BU 40-20. From all accounts, should have won vs Lowell as they were up 3-1 and playing well. They should learn by that.

They should get better as the 4 freshmen blend in more and I would be surprised if this is not a 6/7th place at worst Hockey East team. Maybe better....
                          After Merrimack and Vermont at 5 and 6, I still think there's a bit of a dropoff. But none of NU, UML, UMass and PC have looked terrible this year. Some have bad records and some have had bad games, but I think UML, UMass and PC are all gonna be better than people thought. I've seen UMass (2x) and PC in person already and I think both of them can compete with anyone on any given night. Every game UMass has played has been close. Every game PC has played besides the second UMD game has been close. And every game UML has played besides the Maine game has been close.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            The official word is that he sprained his ankle while trying to escape from some creepy guy's van parked behind Schneider the other night.

Initially, they thought that he had suffered a concussion from being hit on the head when he was captured but toxicology reports indicate he had only been roofied.

Rumor has it the same van in question was last seen on Commonwealth Ave. this past Saturday night but attempts to stop the driver were unsuccessful.

Comment

PC91, sometimes I wish uscho had a like button like on facebook.

Comment

Originally posted by pc91 View Post
                                the official word is that he sprained his ankle while trying to escape from some creepy guy's van parked behind schneider the other night.

Initially, they thought that he had suffered a concussion from being hit on the head when he was captured but toxicology reports indicate he had only been roofied.

Rumor has it the same van in question was last seen on commonwealth ave. This past saturday night but attempts to stop the driver were unsuccessful.
                                :d
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X