Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Things to consider:

-PC's last win this season over a Division 1 program: December 11th
    -PC's last win in conference: November 5th
    -PC's last road win in conference: October 31st 2009
    -Outscored 13-3 by Lowell and Merrimack in their last 2 games

AND...
    -Tim Army has a total of 2 total wins after January 16th in the 2008-09, 2009-10, 2010-11 seasons COMBINED

If that's not a recipe for a coaching change, I don't know what is.
    Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-05-2011, 09:39 AM.

Comment

It's not happening. They're going to stay with this and the next move will probably be to drop hockey. If they pay attention at all.
      This is borderline tragic.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

who is going tonight?
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

I don't know how much the school gets from Hockey East but it must be a decent amount to be paying Army what he gets and his coaches their pay......the rink has its own income so that is a wash......I really don't think he will be fired because of the money they would have to pay him over the next two years and I don't think the school wants to drop hockey as the girls team does well and title ? would rule here, so we are stuck unless Army decides to resign or makes a ridiculously low buy out offer so his son can develop his skills under another coach

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
            I don't know how much the school gets from Hockey East but it must be a decent amount to be paying Army what he gets and his coaches their pay......the rink has its own income so that is a wash......I really don't think he will be fired because of the money they would have to pay him over the next two years and I don't think the school wants to drop hockey as the girls team does well and title ? would rule here, so we are stuck unless Army decides to resign or makes a ridiculously low buy out offer so his son can develop his skills under another coach
            The school must be losing a bundle on hockey and probably has now for many years.

It could end up being more costly to the program -- in the long term -- to retain him and fall further behind in recruiting and turning the program around than keeping him for the sole purposes of saving money in the short-term.
            Last edited by HockeyMan2000; 03-05-2011, 12:57 PM.

Comment

I'm waiting for the HE championship game.....its coming soon

Comment

The playoffs start tonight.

Comment

Could it be possible?

Comment

Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                    Could it be possible?
                    UMass has come back against Maine.

Comment

The bad news = UMass 4 Maine 3

The REALLY bad news = PC fans stuck with Army for at least one more year.

Comment

Maybe Army kicked over the water cooler after the 1st period...PC actually outshot them 22-5...so it's either the end of the season or a Conte Forum Slaughter next weekend. Your choice! lol.

Comment

Even the Umass radio guys laughing at PC's first Hockey East win since November 5th.

Of course, how good are they when they need a point to finish ahead of the Friars lol...

Comment

UMass trying to snatch a defeat out of the jaws of victory so there may still be hope!!! The Eagles are scared stiff and listening to their radios in the locker room @ Conte PRAYING for UMass to pull this game out!!!

Comment

91 don't make me laugh any harder, I'm trying to down a soda...lol

Comment

3 straight years of no playoffs!!! Whoo-hoo!!

There will be a trophy presentation for certain before opening night in October.

Comment

Working...
                                X