Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Providence College 2010-2011 - Things are looking up.

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    I thought you might be interested in this link from Union Athletics announcing that Associate Head Coach, Rich Bennett is being inducted into the PC Athletics Hall of Fame. I've met Rick a few times and he's a great guy and a great coach who will make an excellent head coach someday.

http://www.unionathletics.com/news/2...118102554.aspx
    Providence's announcement yesterday

http://www.friars.com/genrel/111810aaa.html
    Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
      I'll check a little more but the bad news for this year is that the player they brought to carry the offensive load is out now for the season. I've heard he suffered ligament damage in the NU game and that since he'd miss most of the season and having been in 5 games he'd be eligible for a medical red shirt season.
      PC's announcement of the bad news I mentioned 11/7 in the above.

http://www.friars.com/sports/m-hocke...111910aaa.html
      Let's Go Pirates!

Comment

i was so sad when damian got hurt...he's a nice guy. i'm glad people have stepped up in his place though.
        Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Originally posted by cavbim View Post
          Providence's announcement yesterday

http://www.friars.com/genrel/111810aaa.html
          A little off topic, but it is nice to see Sara DeCosta selected as well. She was a regular presence at men's hockey when she played at PC and was terrific in her own right.

Comment

Last nites game was the most enjoyable one I have seen in the coffin in at least 4 years....it was my first this year and was happy to see a team fight the entire game....PP still is weak and I don't know why on a 5 on 3 we stand on the Blue line and fire slappers to an open goaltender, no one screens him and the saves are cake....the PK was a little better but the third goal was a classic "Gionta" type, stand a the opposite side of the net and deflect the pass, no wing covering....how NE second got in is a mystery and I sit 15' from the corner of the net

Hope they have the energy to repeat to nite as they did play a decent game and I was impressed

I looked for purple pants but no luck finding them !!!!

Comment

No gas left in the tank 5-0 NE not a good sign for future HE games, they have to be ready for tough back to back games against real solid teams

Comment

Let's go into everything that sucked last night:
                1. The defense that let directly to the first two goals.The first was an awful defensive turn over in our end. The second was the defense standing around while NU flipped in puck that was BETWEEN BEAUDRY'S ARM AND HIS BODY. Ugh.
                2. Too many penalties. At the risk of flushing out Hokydad, young Army's hitting from behind 5 minute major with his team down 3-0? I have a feeling he'll be grounded for that.
                3. Offense. In that we went back to the the last two years of shooting the puck directly into the goalie's stomach. Rawlings will never have an easier shut out.
                4. The officials. The reffing in Hockey East is at it's worst point since Hache was in the league. Aside from Army's hitting from behind major NONE of the calls made last night on either team made an ounce of sense.

On the positive side, some NU fans were sporting "Beat PC jerseys". Does anyone who is not from URHIgh have any "beat PC" t-shirts at all?

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                -Blackadder
                "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                -Casablanca
                "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I still think they finish 9th out of 10 in HE.....but they will play a few good games at home on the small ice

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                    At the risk of flushing out Hokydad
                    Did you folks know he's been banned?
                    Quinnipiac Bobcats
                    2023 National Champions
                    ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                    ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                    East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                    Northeast Regional:
                    West Regional: 2015, 2021
                    Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                    Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

If PC91 hears that he won't be sober until next year......took long enough......thanks for the heads up, when did this happen

Comment

details!!! Links!!!! Let us all head to the streets to celebrate! 91 is buying!
                        Providence College
                        National Champions

Save the Fighting Sioux!!

Comment

Hokyfraud is gone!! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!! I will throw the ticker-tape parade!!

I don't know what he did -- but is anyone surprised? There has never been a more useless member of this board (or any I've seen, ever). His fraud opinions, analysis, rumor-mongering and hate speech (not to mention all the negative rep he left for everyone) has been a total joke. The only surprise here is how long it took to make it happen.

Anyway we can simulate some of his analysis with my HOKYDAD SIMULATOR script (TM). Basically, take your opinion, and add "you are fooll" in a reply afterwards. Rinse and repeat for instant gratification!

Comment

You fools! you and your sewing circle pals now nothing! I don't have time to propf read this! Clip and post! Go back to your basement in Rosindale! The patch of ice behind the zamboni door at Lawler is a disgrace! you area clown!

Ah, memories....

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                            -Blackadder
                            "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                            -Casablanca
                            "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                            -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Originally posted by satyking View Post
                              If PC91 hears that he won't be sober until next year......took long enough......thanks for the heads up, when did this happen
                              i think it was last thursday...........he had just posted i think that morning on someone's thread and soon after he was banned. there is some conversation about it on the BC thread

Comment

didn't he make fun of someone's wife's cancer diagnosis or was that someone else? i didn't think it was possible for adults to be that immature.
                                Places I've Seen a College Hockey Game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Compton Family Ice Arena, Conte Forum, Cross Insurance Arena (Cumberland County Civic Center), Dunkin' Donuts Center, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Fenway Park, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Pegula Ice Arena, Ralph Engelstad Arena, Schneider Arena, T.D. Garden, Tsongas Center, Thompson Arena, University of Southern Maine, Webster Bank Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

Working...
                                X