Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maine @ Michigan State (10/14-15)

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
    Ah, yes, like Arwen says, make sure to check out the dairy store. I believe the one on Farm Lane Rd. has a more robust selection. Reeaaallll good ice that is made right in the building by students.( Many of them my classmates! I am a food science major )
    Is it the premium ice cream with high butterfat content? Ah, the best. We had an ice cream store on campus at Maine a few years ago. It was also run by the food science department.

Comment

Originally posted by Arwen22266 View Post
      Welcome! No matter the outcome, hope you enjoy your time here. The weather forecast looks fine, so take a walk around campus, with a stop at the Dairy Store for an ice cream.
      Thanks. I'm sure we will & thanks for the tip. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings last night (which we always do when we venture out of New England as they don't have them back east)

Comment

Originally posted by Pirateasaurus View Post
        Ah, yes, like Arwen says, make sure to check out the dairy store. I believe the one on Farm Lane Rd. has a more robust selection. Reeaaallll good ice that is made right in the building by students.( Many of them my classmates! I am a food science major )
        Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
        Is it the premium ice cream with high butterfat content? Ah, the best. We had an ice cream store on campus at Maine a few years ago. It was also run by the food science department.
        Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
        Thanks. I'm sure we will & thanks for the tip. Went to Buffalo Wild Wings last night (which we always do when we venture out of New England as they don't have them back east)
        Originally posted by Priceless View Post
        The team is going to bed after being up since 4AM and traveling most of the day. They might have just a tad of jetlag tomorrow night.
        Mmmm. Delicious!

Comment

Originally posted by Pucknut View Post
          You think you ran into a hot goalie, U-Conn’s Garrett Bartus played off the charts against Maine on Saturday night.
          I don't know. He did allow two shorties and I heard more crossbar that night than ever before in my life. I'm thinking it was more an issue of our goalie not holding up his end. 43-19 for shots on goal!
          Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
            The team is going to bed after being up since 4AM and traveling most of the day. They might have just a tad of jetlag tomorrow night.
            They didn’t cross any time zones.

Comment

With the itinerary they followed, I wouldn't be too sure of that.

Comment

East Lansing is one of those "Can't get they-ah from he-ah"
                Raised in Vermont, Educated in Maine, Living in New Hampshire, Tolerating Massachusetts, Not spending enough time on this board!!

Comment

Manhattan Chowda?

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                    Manhattan Chowda?
                    Speaking of Manhattan, anyone know if there's a bar in NYC that will be showing the game? There's got to be an MSU joint somewhere in the city with access to Michigan's Comcast.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
                      Manhattan Chowda?
                      Nevah herd of it ...
                      "It is better to keep silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt."
                      - Mark Twain

Comment

Okay, from what I can tell it looks like CBS Sports is streaming both games over the internet through their ULive service. It's $14.99 for a monthly pass ($9.99 if you only want access to the MSU content), and for the Maine fans this would also get you the Friday night game against NoDak next week.

Has anyone every used the CBS Sports ULive service? Any reports on video quality, etc?

http://www.cstv.com/allaccess/

Comment

Originally posted by cdb216 View Post
                          Okay, from what I can tell it looks like CBS Sports is streaming both games over the internet through their ULive service. It's $14.99 for a monthly pass ($9.99 if you only want access to the MSU content), and for the Maine fans this would also get you the Friday night game against NoDak next week.

Has anyone every used the CBS Sports ULive service? Any reports on video quality, etc?

I watch many a game via all-access. It never fails to frustrate me as you don't know if it's working or not since they don't flip the switch until right before game time "sometimes". Other times it's going early enough to watch warmups. The quality is somewhat dependant upon your internet speed, but it is what it is... better than just the radio feed but not nearly as good as television. The MSU feed is pretty good but some rinks, not so much. If you've ever watched hockey via B2- you'll know what to expect.
                          "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Maine Event View Post
                            Made it to East Lansing. Really looking forward to the game tomorrow night. The defense remains a question mark at this point in the season, but I am confident it will come around. Hopefully the offense will carry the team for a while until it does.
                            Glad your there and hope you post reports on the games. Never mind the ice cream have a few beers but not too many or we might doubt your accuracy.

Comment

anybody out there have the ability to broadcast the game on ustream.tv?

Comment

Originally posted by cdb216 View Post

Wouldn't suggest it. I watched a game last year on there, thought it was a pass for just the month and then a couple months later, noticed the monthly charge still on my credit card, emailed to cancel (cause they don't let you call) got a confirmation back that I had cancelled and then a few months later noticed both the 14.99 and 9.99 charges on my card. Emailed back again and got no reply and eventually had to change my credit card number to stop getting the charges. So watch out with those bastids.
                                New Hampshire: only useful for connecting Maine to the rest of the United States.

Comment

Working...
                                X