Engineers vs. Huskies: RPI @ NU 10/15

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engineers vs. Huskies: RPI @ NU 10/15

New thread, new name... my bad. NU looks to finish what they started against BC last week in their first OOC match-up of the season.
    Celebrating 20 Years of TheDogHouse

Re: Engineers vs. Huskies: RPI @ NU 10/15

Okay.. let's try this again..

If you guys had not lost Jerry D'Amigo.. that early, (he was a sophomore right?).. i'd give you the edge big time (amazing player.. fun to watch in the IIHF).

Huskies by 2 at home..
    we're due!
    (or we're in real trouble)
    GO NU HOCKEY
    Always bullish on the future.
    We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by northeastern View Post

If you guys had not lost Jerry D'Amigo.. that early, (he was a sophomore right?).. i'd give you the edge big time (amazing player.. fun to watch in the IIHF).

Huskies by 2 at home..
      we're due!
      You're not due, you won the last meeting between us.

Jerry would have been a sophomore this year. However, we're happy with our team for who they are now.

Comment

Huskies by 2 at home..
        we're due!
        Sadly, we lost two players after their freshman year. The other, Brandon Pirri, already made his NHL debut.

As FD08 wrote, "we're happy with our team for who they are now."
        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

we finished last season on a 4 or 5 gm losing streak.. lost 2 close ones at home this season.. (grant it one was exhibition)... skated well last gm.. still no points.. we're so due!

(I hear you Ralph & FlagDUDE.. D'Amigo was freshman.. wow!.. gone too soon.. that's the nature of things today).

Anyway.. looking forward to seeing your team at Matthews. Polacek might be Hobey material again.. but can he wait until after this wknd?
          GO NU HOCKEY
          We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

From the deleted thread:

RPI is coming off a loss and a tie at CC. The team is searching for an offense after the loss of three of its top four scorers, two being underclassmen. The power play seems to have regressed to the anemic form of two and three years ago, especially on 5 on 3 advantages. It was commented by Coach Appert that the team had not had any time to practice special teams before last week.

The defense, especially junior goalie Allen York played well out west.

Interestingly, in each game, the 'Tute seemed to improve as the game wore on, and were apparently not affected by the altitude. That won't help at sea level, but may be a consequence of training.
            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

we finished last season on a 4 or 5 gm losing streak.. lost 2 close ones at home this season.. (grant it one was exhibition)... skated well last gm.. still no points.. we're so due!

(I hear you Ralph & FlagDUDE.. D'Amigo was freshman.. wow!.. gone too soon.. that's the nature of things today).

Anyway.. looking forward to seeing your team at Matthews. Polacek might be Hobey material again.. but can he wait until after this wknd?
              AAhhh - No....
              Last edited by Senna; 10-12-2010, 09:42 AM. Reason: Add icons

Comment

Senna.. just out of curiosity..
                what part did you 'edit' in your post?
                GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

nevermind..
                  GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Should be a very physical game-I suspect that special teams will play a large part in this one. Hoping that our boys at least had a chance to practice some power play this week and especially some 5 on 3.
                    Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Haven't been to Matthews in a while and looking for some ticket advice. I seem to recall being in the upper bowl and having a hard time seeing the play on the near side of the ice. Would one of the Northeastern folks perhaps provide guidance on whether there are seats to avoid and which end the Huskies defend. I've been looking at tickets online and it appears that there are seats at the top of the lower level (which usually are good seats in my book) and also in the upper bowl but mainly rows 2 and higher. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

Upper bowl seats are a good bet if you can sit in the first row.. anywhere first row view is awesome. Just be mindful that both ends are taken up by (loud) student sections. Anywhere near ctr ice upper balcony is just fantastic.

Lower bowl is a neat experience & you are more likely to meet fellow visiting fans in sections 20 - 23. If you do sit in the lower bowl.. avoid the top 1 or 2 rows (just my opinion). It is a 100 yr old barn & has some viewing limitations from these rows (especially corners). Walking in to the arena.. the Huskies defend the far end twice.

Sit anywhere from 3rd row down onto ice level at the lower level & you should be fine. You can now select individual seats (with pinpoint accuracy ) as to where you'd like to sit & purchase tickets here..

http://neu.universitytickets.com/use...gory.asp?id=40

Just choose your section and seat (s) & enjoy the game. G'luck
                        GO NU HOCKEY

Comment

Upper bowl seats are a good bet if you can sit in the first row.. anywhere first row view is awesome. Just be mindful that both ends are taken up by (loud) student sections. Anywhere near ctr ice upper balcony is just fantastic.

Lower bowl is a neat experience & you are more likely to meet fellow visiting fans in sections 20 - 23. If you do sit in the lower bowl.. avoid the top 1 or 2 rows (just my opinion). It is a 100 yr old barn & has some viewing limitations from these rows (especially corners). Walking in to the arena.. the Huskies defend the far end twice.

Sit anywhere from 3rd row down onto ice level at the lower level & you should be fine. You can now select individual seats (with pinpoint accuracy ) as to where you'd like to sit & purchase tickets here..

Also, if you're in the top half of the lower bowl on the visitor's side, your view of the other end of the ice will be blocked by the press box.
                          Places I've seen a college hockey game: Agganis Arena, Alfond Arena, Bright Center, Consol Energy Center, Conte Forum, DCU Center, Fenway Park, Gutterson Fieldhouse, Houston Field House, Lawler Arena, Madison Square Garden, Matthews Arena, Mullins Center, Schneider Arena, Scottrade Center, Sears Centre, Tampa Bay Times Forum, TD Bank Sports Center, TD Garden, Tsongas Center, Tully Forum, Verizon Center, Verizon Wireless Arena, Walter Brown Arena, Wells Fargo Center, Whittemore Center

Comment

All great advice, although I'm pretty sure most (if not all) front row balcony are season tickets - someone correct me if I'm wrong. We were told there were no pairs left for season tickets in the front row on the side we wanted, so we settled for 2nd row. To the person asking about seating - just be prepared to get kicked out of the front row if you end up sitting there without purchased tickets.

Also, if you're purchasing tickets online, the seating chart is very useful but I don't believe it tells you which side is closest to the entrance. The far end, as Northeastern mentioned above in his post, is the one next to the Varsity Club on that seating chart.

Of all the OOC games, this is the only one I'm really looking forward to. I'm interested in seeing what Polacek is all about, but I also want to see if NU comes out with the intensity they need to win it or if they come out more relaxed knowing there aren't any league points up for grabs. I'm still not sure what to think of this team but I'm loving the massive checks I've seen so far from some of the Freshmen.
                            On Jamie Oleksiak:

Originally posted by Hokydad
                            If he comes next year he will be eaten alive. Zero chance of success in Hockey East next year

Comment

Thanks for all the advice Husky faithful. I bought my tickets and I think I'm OK. If not then I'll move around - there appear to be a lot of tickets left.

Any further advice you can give on parking? I'm coming down right after my son's hockey practice and will arrive about 15 minutes before the puck drops. I know the area fairly well as I've lived a total of about 10 years within a couple of clocks of Huntington Ave however I fled to the burbs with the kids about 8 years ago and have no clue what the best parking options are anymore. I would prefer to take the T but time won't allow for that.

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                              X