BC vs. Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BC vs. Denver

Early test for both teams. Wish I could be there to see the games. Here's to Jimbo.
    NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Re: BC vs. Denver

Should be an interesting series between #1 BC and #6/8 DU. Expect DU to play soph Adam Murray in net on Friday and frosh Sam Brittain in net on Saturday. They did a pretty good job at UVM last weekend coming away with a win and a tie. This weekend's games will be on FSN Rocky Mountain and FCS-Pacific on Friday and webcast on Pioneeer Vision (pay) on Saturday.

Future TV update; both DU games against Minnesota will be broadcast on FSN North Feb. 11 and 12, 2011. The 2/11 game will be tape delayed.
    Last edited by du78; 10-11-2010, 09:11 PM.
    DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Both teams seem to have motivation: BC lost a heart-breaker to Denver last year, a game it ought to have won. Denver would certainly like to upend the defending NCAA Champions. Two ties wouldn't be altogether surprising.
      Chris V
      Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

BC's team speed against DU's "all hands on deck" defensive mentality.

Look for DU to try and rope-a-dope BC, block shots and try and score on counterattacks.

Most likely outcome IMO is a BC sweep. But DU has four games under their belt, so perhaps if they can get an early lead on Friday the crowd and momentum might get them through it.

Gwozdecky is at his best when DU is outmanned, over-matched and seemingly has no chance.

Would love to see a split.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
          But DU has four games under their belt,
          Two games. And two practices with paid attendance.
          bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
          SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
          All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
          A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

It is homecoming weekend for DU and the 1968/69 NCAA National Championship Team is being inducted into the DU Hall of Fame. Should be great crowds and the DU boys should be fired up with some historic players being on hand including Craig Patrick and Tom Miller, among others. Unfortunately 3 players from that team have passed away; Keith Magnuson, George Morrison and Frank Daly.
            DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Originally posted by dggoddard View Post
              BC's team speed against DU's "all hands on deck" defensive mentality.

Look for DU to try and rope-a-dope BC, block shots and try and score on counterattacks.
              Same game plan used by Northeastern last Saturday. I expect BC will see a lot of that this season. Should be a good test for both teams.
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

I wish I could be there. Should be one of the best series of the year.

Much respect to DU.
                Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                  It is homecoming weekend for DU and the 1968/69 NCAA National Championship Team is being inducted into the DU Hall of Fame.
                  So that's why tix were so hard to come by..
                  Boston College Eagle Hockey » "We want our players to leave here with a diploma in one hand and a ring in the other." - Jerry York

Try FantasyCollegeHockey.com

sigpic

"I said, it's all in our hands / got to learn to respect what we don't understand /we are fortunate ones, fortunate ones, I swear."

Comment

Any way both teams could lose?
                    License to kill gofers...From the government of the United Nations. - Carl Spackler, Caddyshack

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                      Two games. And two practices with paid attendance.
                      practices with paid attendance? that's amazing fan support

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                        practices with paid attendance? that's an amazing fan excuse
                        fixed your post

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                          Same game plan used by Northeastern last Saturday. I expect BC will see a lot of that this season. Should be a good test for both teams.
                          Actually my take was NU outplayed them and Muse was the star. Shots being even at 30 each doesnt sound like a trap game to me. NU was ahead on shots all game until late when BC rose to the occasion and pulled it out with a late pp goal and an empty netter. NU didnt sit back at all.

Will be a good game but BC will prevail

Comment

Originally posted by Hokydad View Post
                            Actually my take was NU outplayed them and Muse was the star. Shots being even at 30 each doesnt sound like a trap game to me. NU was ahead on shots all game until late when BC rose to the occasion and pulled it out with a late pp goal and an empty netter. NU didnt sit back at all.

Will be a good game but BC will prevail
                            My take away from NU Saturday night was that this BC team can beat you so many ways. I actually agree that Muse had to make tougher saves than Rawlings, BC battled hard for the W. With it being the first game they were a bit out of sync, gave up too many odd man rushes, and took too many penalties, but John Muse was there to bail them out. This is a continuation of their success from last year, when they could win the tight 3-2 games as well as the 9-7 games. Different strengths emerge each game and it speaks to the superior level of talent on this team.

A split is expected this weekend. Although I'll take a sweep!

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny View Post
                              My take away from NU Saturday night was that this BC team can beat you so many ways. I actually agree that Muse had to make tougher saves than Rawlings, BC battled hard for the W. With it being the first game they were a bit out of sync, gave up too many odd man rushes, and took too many penalties, but John Muse was there to bail them out. This is a continuation of their success from last year, when they could win the tight 3-2 games as well as the 9-7 games. Different strengths emerge each game and it speaks to the superior level of talent on this team.

A split is expected this weekend. Although I'll take a sweep!
                              Exactly right. With that much talent they can win in more than one way. That coupled with their coaches ability to keep them focussed and on the game plan should bode well for them as season continues. Remember, every single team on their schedule circled their game against them the day it came out. Should really help prepare them for playoffs. Only huge, and I repeat, huge concern is the fact that they only have 12 Fs and 7 D. Any injury bugs would spell disaster. With Cross having issues in the past and it beinga long season, I would expect their depth to be tested during the season. When I say depth, I dont mean top 12 and &, I mean reserves. 1-12 and 1-6 is better than any team in the country. As the Red Sox can attest, anything can happen

Comment

Working...
                              X