When Will The BHHC start up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When Will The BHHC start up?

As the timeline for the BTHC is becoming more and more clear with Penn State's announcement it will play as an independent, I'm curious when folks think the BHHC will get going.

It's DU, Miami, Notre Dame, UND and who else again? UMD? CC?

Could it get rolling by 2016?

Re: When Will The BHHC start up?

What's a BHHC?
    My guy is a hard-nosed hockey player who is not afraid to crash the net. Your guy is a goon who runs the goalie.

Comment

The conference that is wanted by fans of those programs I listed that are Butt Hurt by the BTHC formation. The Butt Hurt Hockey Conference.

Comment

Can't be soon enough. Rule #1 -- No more lame coaches luncheons.
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
          So that should be in the BHHC Charter then.

#1 BHHC Rule: No coaches luncheons.

That will make it attractive for those programs with coaches who dislike luncheons no doubt.

We know how Haks feels about that.... but can it be used to attract Jeff Jackson and Gwoz ... I'd bet Sandy at UMD likes luncheon's though. Could be a bit of a mixed bag rule.

Comment

Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            Disagree. I think there should be two luncheons a weekend. What needs to be eliminated are the hockey games.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
              Disagree. I think there should be two luncheons a weekend. What needs to be eliminated are the hockey games.
              So then DU, UND, Miami and Notre Dame can just compare historic records and determine the winners kind of like happens on fan forums? Brilliant ...

Comment

Won't the BHHC be desirous to get their piece of the "exempt" pie? Will they perhaps try to woo UAA and/or UAF into the BHHC so they can get the extra home games? Because I can sure see that UAA and UAF ought to be able to fill their respective tournaments with BTHC teams.

Comment

When pigs learn to fly and the Pope says he's gay.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    Won't the BHHC be desirous to get their piece of the "exempt" pie? Will they perhaps try to woo UAA and/or UAF into the BHHC so they can get the extra home games? Because I can sure see that UAA and UAF ought to be able to fill their respective tournaments with BTHC teams.
                    Silly rabbit, everyone knows BTHC teams don't travel, even for the NCAA tournament. It's been posted on here for weeks.
                    That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Well of course it's a brilliant idea. It's my idea, it goes without saying that it's a brilliant idea.
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

So if the BHHC has only got the "no coaches luncheons" going for it then how do they hope to offer an alternative to the BTHC?

Is it just going to be name recognition that makes them the #2 conference after the BTHC? DU, Miami, UND and Notre Dame ... what's going to be their slogan ...

BHHC: You've heard of our members ...

I'm not seeing it. I'd think they'll need better marketing than that if they hope to get UMD and SCSU to join.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                          As the timeline for the BTHC is becoming more and more clear with Penn State's announcement it will play as an independent, I'm curious when folks think the BHHC will get going.

It's DU, Miami, Notre Dame, UND and who else again? UMD? CC?

Could it get rolling by 2016?
                          You're missing the obvious UAH joke since they've been cruelly abandoned.

The other, rather overplayed joke involves {PROVICED being kicked out of Hockey Rast, but I've gone to that well way too often.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
                          -Blackadder
                          "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
                          -Casablanca
                          "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
                          -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Hopefully at some point the actual advocates for a BHHC will turn up and explain why they think a BHHC is viable.

My dear old friend Puck Swami is cordially invited as of course is DG.

Comment

I think they need to take a cue from the WCHA, and emphasize what makes them what they are:

BHHC
                              just got butter
                              Augsburg College: Wait, there's another D-3 school whose name starts with "A"?

Originally posted by The Darkness:
                              I don't see you asking Beer Pong Horn if he practices a religion from the beer continent.

Originally posted by bigblue_dl:
                              Wow. Tech fans are such a-holes. I think I saw Beer Pong Horn kick a blind puppy once.

Boosh Factor (6-27-12): Summer Vacation

Comment

Working...
                              X