This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: UML Recruiting, Building for the future

He had minor knee surgery and is out 4-6 weeks. The injury bug strikes again.

Comment

Holy crap, a commitment! '93 DOB (5/6/93 to be exact) Corey Scammon who plays for Cushing currently has committed to UML for either '12 or '13. He's a Florida Everblades hockey alum, from Orlando, FL. He was selected to the USA Hockey Select 14 Player Development Camp back in 2007.
      Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
      2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        Holy crap, a commitment! '93 DOB (5/6/93 to be exact) Corey Scammon who plays for Cushing currently has committed to UML for either '12 or '13. He's a Florida Everblades hockey alum, from Orlando, FL. He was selected to the USA Hockey Select 14 Player Development Camp back in 2007.
        That's great news. Corey has 11 points (2-9-11) in 12 games this season according to USHR.

Comment

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
          That's great news. Corey has 11 points (2-9-11) in 12 games this season according to USHR.
          I think you and I are the only ones that care about recruiting for the program.
          Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
          2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

That's great to hear! It's been quiet on the recruiting front for quite some time now so hopefully there are a few more in the works, maybe one more for next year and a bunch for '12 and '13.
            U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
            UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

Originally posted by goUMLgoBC View Post
              That's great to hear! It's been quiet on the recruiting front for quite some time now so hopefully there are a few more in the works, maybe one more for next year and a bunch for '12 and '13.
              A couple of goal scorers would be nice.

Comment

I think you and I are the only ones that care about recruiting for the program.
                Nah, we just don't keep posting that we don't have one yet.

Comment

Hey River Hawk fans. There's no UML-UNH thread for Friday night, so I figured I'd head over here because I'm not too familiar with the UML depth chart. Is there any chance new River Hawk Al Butler dresses for Friday night's game? It would be pretty cool for him to make his college debut in the building where his older brother had so much success.
                  "Oh No! Not Maine! Then where would we get our deodorant that doesn't work?!"-Stephen Colbert

Comment

Originally posted by RockTheWhit View Post
                    Hey River Hawk fans. There's no UML-UNH thread for Friday night, so I figured I'd head over here because I'm not too familiar with the UML depth chart. Is there any chance new River Hawk Al Butler dresses for Friday night's game? It would be pretty cool for him to make his college debut in the building where his older brother had so much success.
                    Looks like he's on the roster in the game notes published by the school. He'll be rocking #11. Not sure about dressing. I think the River Hawks will returning a few injured players they had before the break, so I'm not sure how the roster will fill out. If he does dress, he hopefully will have similar success at the Whit and will help prevent a season sweep.

http://www.goriverhawks.com/auto_pdf...weekly-release
                    U.S. Naval Academy '06 - BS
                    UMass Lowell '12 - MBA

Comment

An article on Malden Catholic and their top line of Brendan Collier, Ryan Fitzgerald and Mike Vecchione. Fitzgerald (BC) and Vecchione (UNH) have already committed to play in Hockey East. Collier is still uncommited, but is generating plenty of interest with BU, Harvard, Merrimack, PC and UNH in the picture. No mention of Lowell in the article.
                      Why do I have the feeling that his current coach won't steer him towards Merrimack?
                      Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult

Comment

Originally posted by RENCEB View Post
                        Why do I have the feeling that his current coach won't steer him towards Merrimack?
                        I was thinking the same thing.

Comment

Heh.

Comment

USHR piece on Scammon.

Cushing D-Man Picks Lowell
                            5’9”, 175 lb. Cushing Academy junior LD Corey Scammon has committed to UMass-Lowell for either the fall of ’12 or ’13.

A 5/6/93 birthdate from Orlando, Florida, Scammon is, in the words of Cushing coach Rob Gagnon, “very elusive and deceptive, with great escapability. He’s the best first passer I’ve had at Cushing, and he’s a point-producing D. Last year, he had 30 as a sophomore. This year he has 11 points so far. Anytime you get a point a game out of a D, that’s good.”

Scammon came to the attention of Cushing through the efforts of Dan Lupo, the Northeastern forward of the mid-90’s now the director of the Florida Everblades AAA program.

Comment

USHR piece on Scammon.
                              Thanks Bob, he sounds like a good pickup. Doesn't say what other schools were interested though?

BTW, Colton Saucerman's offensive streak is showing up a lot more in the NAHL than it did in the USHL. He's got a 3-9-12 in 15 games (1-1-2 last night, but a -3) for Corpus Christi.
                              Monty

Comment

Arnie Davis, the Potato Pin man from Alfond Arena is celebrating his 90th birthday this week. I've started a birthday thread in the Cafe. Make sure to post your birthday wishes to one of the few gentlemen from Maine!
                                Originally posted by mookie1995
                                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
                                Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
                                Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Working...
                                X