X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UML Recruiting, Building for the future

Originally posted by boblav1 View Post
    4 seniors on the roster (3 F, 1D) with 6 or 7 recruits (5 F, 2 D) already scheduled to come in next season at this point. I would imagine Eiserman (G) will play another year of juniors. He's currently in a backup role at Nanaimo and seeing limited time. It would be nice if he could find a starting role somewhere and just play.

Hopefully that all for the '91s.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Eiserman pushed off for another year as well at this point.

I've said it before, while I'm not all that thrilled with all the 21 year old freshmen ... I think Bazin is late in the recruiting for 2012, so to fill the roster the way he wants, he's finding the guys that have been left behind so far that he thinks fit his system. I wouldn't be thoroughly surprised if one or two of these kids winds up becoming a very good player for Lowell over their careers.

I do think as the 2013 and later recruiting picks up (depending not only on this year's results but also how they play overall), we'll see some younger players committing.
    Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
    2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
    2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
    2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Speaking of Eiserman, he had his best game so far at Nanaimo (BCHL), getting second star in a 3-2 loss with 35 saves.

Greg Amlong was a -2 in Cedar Rapids (USHL) 5-1 loss.

Michael Fallon was even in a 2-1 loss for Chicago (USHL).

Adam Chapie was the First Star in the New Mexico Mustangs (NAHL) 8-7 shootout win against Texas. Chapie was a 2-1-3 in the game.
      Monty

2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
      2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
        I've said it before, while I'm not all that thrilled with all the 21 year old freshmen ... I think Bazin is late in the recruiting for 2012, so to fill the roster the way he wants, he's finding the guys that have been left behind so far that he thinks fit his system. I wouldn't be thoroughly surprised if one or two of these kids winds up becoming a very good player for Lowell over their careers.
        Monty, I agree 100%. It will be interesting to see how Evan looks tonight.

Comment

From the Warrior Rink Rat site:
          NCAA early signing period begins today
          The early signing period for men's hockey starts today and runs until next week. This means that recruits for the 2012 season, who will be receiving scholarships, can sign National Letters of Intent.

National Letters of Intent are, for the sake of comparison, a contract between the school and a recruit for a period of at least one season. If a player wishes to de-commit after signing his NLI, he needs to be released by the school he signed with.

Not every recruit will sign a NLI. Only players who will be receiving scholarship money in their freshman season are eligible.

Comment

Confirmation on recruit Casey Shea. Shea will join the River Hawks in either the 2013-14 or 2014-15 season. http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/high-...o-umass-lowell

Comment

I'm not sure if it's correct, but goalie recruit Chris Eiserman is no longer listed as a Lowell recruit on the Heisenberg site.

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spr...EE&hl=en&gid=1

Comment

I'm not sure if it's correct, but goalie recruit Chris Eiserman is no longer listed as a Lowell recruit on the Heisenberg site.

https://spreadsheets0.google.com/spr...EE&hl=en&gid=1
                was he ever listed on the 2012 website? If not it could be as simple as an error since Eiserman switched leagues from EJHL to BCHL...seen that before with Heisenberg.
                Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                  was he ever listed on the 2012 website? If not it could be as simple as an error since Eiserman switched leagues from EJHL to BCHL...seen that before with Heisenberg.
                  He was listed in the 2012 website recently. The BCHL site doesn't show him as being committed either, so something must be up.

Comment

He was listed in the 2012 website recently. The BCHL site doesn't show him as being committed either, so something must be up.
                    Interesting ... wonder what happened?
                    Monty

Comment

Had actually heard that a couple of weeks ago. 2 Sophmore goalies and a freshman, I just think it turned into a numbers thing more than anything else.

Got to see the younger Eiserman the other day in the U-18 State Finals and he is going to be a solid player. He's a physical kid with a good nose for the net, would have been a nice pickup for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by snipeshow10 View Post
                        Had actually heard that a couple of weeks ago. 2 Sophmore goalies and a freshman, I just think it turned into a numbers thing more than anything else.

Got to see the younger Eiserman the other day in the U-18 State Finals and he is going to be a solid player. He's a physical kid with a good nose for the net, would have been a nice pickup for the program.
                        I've been wondering if they would go with four netminders next year, or could Boulanger be the odd man out? But apparently Eiserman himself is the odd-man out.
                        Monty

Comment

Originally posted by UMLFan View Post
                          I've been wondering if they would go with four netminders next year, or could Boulanger be the odd man out? But apparently Eiserman himself is the odd-man out.
                          its not like Eiserman has exactly been stellar like it looked like he may be... further, it was a Blaise recruit so that might give Bazin an out in terms of honoring the commitment. I'd just say that its unfortunate because it seemed like we might have snared a good one.
                          BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                          Skating Friar Jersey
                          AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                          UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                          Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

I saw this on USHR. Cam Askew, a repeat 8th grader at St. Sebastian’s, committed to Northeastern for the fall of ’16 today.

Comment

And people are whining about the old recruits

Comment

Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                And people are whining about the old recruits
                                note to self, start branding UML pacifiers

edit: I don't suppose we can start marketing a Rowdy Hawk sleeping bag similar to the Think Geek tauntan (sp?) and market it to the 6-12 set?
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X