NMU Wildcats 2010-2011 Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NMU Wildcats 2010-2011 Season Thread

We're already underway. Might as well start it up.

Re: NMU Wildcats 2010-2011 Season Thread

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
    We're already underway. Might as well start it up.
    Funny, I was thinking that somebody should tell your hockey team that the season has started already? Maybe someone should send an email to Walt Kyle and let him know that he is already two games into the real season?

Sorry, couldn't resist. No hard feelings or anything. See you guys tomorrow night, and hope for some great hockey in Houghton.
    Philbert
    ---------------
    Michigan Tech Hockey: _______?.

Formerly, and soon to be again, retired member of The Huskies Pep Band.
    GO HUSKIES, I am still waiting for Tech to win it all!

Comment

Not sure if it's just game jitters from some of the players but the first period is our most penalized with the third being our best.

I'm not nervous yet. One goal games, rallies in the third period, this team definitely is good enough to rack up a long string of W's.

Just gotta shore up the weakened defense.

Here's the breakdown of penalties this season.

Penalties/Minutes by Prd
      Prd MTU NMU
      -------------------------
      1st 1/2 3/17
      2nd 4/19 2/4
      3rd 0/0 0/0
      OT 0/0 0/0
      Total 5/21 5/21

Penalties/Minutes by Prd
      Prd UMD NMU
      1st 1/2 3/6
      2nd 1/2 1/2
      3rd 0/0 0/0
      Total 2/4 4/8

Penalties/Minutes by Prd
      Prd Opp. NMU
      1st 2/4 6/23
      2nd 5/21 3/6
      3rd 0/0 0/0
      Total 7/25 9/29
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Double post. A good cause coming up for the Hockey 'Cats:

http://webb.nmu.edu/SportsAthletics/...perience.shtml

The Northern Michigan University Athletics and Recreational Sports Department is partnering with the Marquette General Foundation on a fundraiser to benefit the Marquette General Cancer Center. The effort will culminate on Saturday, October 30 with “The Pink Experience,” a day-long event that includes a women’s swimming and diving meet, a women’s soccer game, a walk in the Superior Dome and a men’s hockey game.

All net proceeds from all events will be gifted to the Marquette General Breast Cancer Care program.

The four “Pink Experience” events on October 30 include the following:
        Men’s Hockey Game vs. Ohio State, 7:30 p.m., Berry Events Center
        Cost is $12 per ticket
        Auction of pink player jerseys ($100 minimum bid for jerseys)
        Chuck A Puck
        Pink t-shirts for sale
        50/50 ticket sale
        Athletes available post-game for autographs and jersey signing

“The Pink Experience” t-shirts can be purchased at all four events, at the Cats Corner gift shop inside the Superior Dome and at the Recreational Center in the PEIF, or at the Marquette General Foundation office (located in the West Wing adjacent to the Marquette General Emergency Department off of College Avenue), beginning Monday, September 27.

For more information on the event, please call the Marquette General Foundation at 906-225-6914 or 866-906-6914, or email mg.foundation@mghs.org.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Did Mingay decide not to do analysis this year? Davyd does a great job but he must have a sore throat after each game. Are you on your own the whole season, Davyd?

Comment

I forgot to mention Mark Olver got his first career point tonite. An assist on the Avs first goal against Detroit.

Comment

All three guys that were apart of that goal were college hockey players. From Mark's reaction on getting the assist I can only imagine what he's going to be like when he gets that first goal.
              Bored kids+matches+vacant school= this http://dakleinbushteacher.shutterfly.com/438

Head half shaven for a week=Free
              NMU Vs. BGSU Tickets=Free
              Bottle of 5 o'clock-$8
              Shaving your head everytime Sigalet lets in a WILDCAT goal and having MOJO chant HALF-A-MULLET=Priceless

"Pat Bateman will eat your f*ing babies!!!"

05-06 A NEW GENERATION OF PUCKHEADS

Farmer JO official get away driver of Bell-Gate 05`

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN View Post
                Did Mingay decide not to do analysis this year? Davyd does a great job but he must have a sore throat after each game. Are you on your own the whole season, Davyd?
                At this point I'm flying solo. There will likely be occasional guest analysts. In my five seasons of minor pro hockey I had a color man for home games for one season. Beyond that it was an occasional injured player joining in, so it's nothing new. It just requires some extra preparation time.
                "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

After three games, is the freshmen our number 1 goalie?
                  GO CATS GO

JUST BEAT MICHIGAN BABY!

Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies!

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                    At this point I'm flying solo. There will likely be occasional guest analysts. In my five seasons of minor pro hockey I had a color man for home games for one season. Beyond that it was an occasional injured player joining in, so it's nothing new. It just requires some extra preparation time.
                    Why not get the boys from Cat Chat in the booth with ya?? They've seem to do a pretty good job up there covering NMU sports on a shoestring budget with equipment thats about as old as them. Doing a few games with you would look awfully good on their resumes.

******* width="480" height="385">****** name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KQxgzGpOlvo?fs=1&hl=en_US">****** name="allowFullScreen" value="true">****** name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">****** src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KQxgzGpOlvo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385">
                    bueller: Why is the sunset good? Why are boobs good? Why does Positrack work? Why does Ferris lose on the road and play dead at home?

It just happens.

nmupiccdiva: I'm sorry I missed you this weekend! I thought I saw you at the football game, but I didn't want to go up to a complete stranger and ask "are you Monster?" and have it not be you!

leswp1: you need the Monster to fix you

Life is active, find Balance!massage therapy Ann Arbor

Comment

Originally posted by WildcatGoal View Post
                      After three games, is the freshmen our number 1 goalie?
                      For now. I'm sure once the team gets further into league play (November), Ellingson will be our starter (for a while).

I certainly like what the freshman has done so far though. It's a shame that the Penalty Kill sucks. Speaking of that, can we NOT use Florek and Spady on the PK for a while? Together, they've allowed 21 goals (8 allowed for Florek and 7 allowed for Spady).

Yeah, I know we're supposed to have our best players out there for the PK, but holy wah, we need to take a break for a bit.

Player Name Pos. pp allow ev allow total
                      Justin Florek F 6 2 8
                      Erik Spady D 5 2 7
                      CJ Ludwig D 4 1 5
                      Scott Macaulay D 4 0 4
                      Andrew Fernandez D 4 0 4
                      Andrew Cherniwchan F 3 1 4
                      Kyle Follmer D 2 2 4
                      Nicholas Kosinski F 2 0 2
                      Jared Brown F 1 1 2
                      Greger Hanson F 0 2 2
                      Ryan Kesti D 0 1 1
                      Phil Fox F 0 1 1
                      Brian Nugent F 0 1 1
                      Tyler Gron F 0 1 1
                      Last edited by aparch; 10-14-2010, 12:31 PM.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                        Keep up the good work.

I miss the after game talk with Walt though. Relying on the Mining Journal the next day for Walt's reaction can be an excercize in futility. Especially for road games.

Comment

Three games in and this season looks like its going to be rough. I wasn't expecting much from this team what with the departures from last year, but I was expecting a win by now. I mean going winless against Tech is just terrible. FIRE WALT! FIRE WALT! FIRE WALT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by boot_walt_kyle View Post
                            Three games in and this season looks like its going to be rough. I wasn't expecting much from this team what with the departures from last year, but I was expecting a win by now. I mean going winless against Tech is just terrible. FIRE WALT! FIRE WALT! FIRE WALT!!!!!!

Alright BWK calm down, it takes time to develop a good team and i think walt is doing a great job so far, I mean he has giving all his freshman solid playing time. This season is very similar to 2008 and the cats did just fine Then, just give it time.
                            NMU

Comment

Figured I'd pass on the love to our neighbors to the north.

(JF_Gophers is credit to team.)
                              Last edited by Twitch Boy; 10-14-2010, 09:41 PM.
                              Michigan Tech Huskies Pep Band: There's No Use Trying To Talk. No Human Sound Can Stand Up To This. Loud Enough To Knock You Down.

Comment

Working...
                              X