Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Miami University at St. Cloud State

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    There won't be sellouts this weekend. Most of the students don't know the school name, and therefore won't bother making a special effort to see them.

I just hope that the Huskies took the Saturday night game to heart, realizing that just because they were picked to do so well in the preseason rankings that they actually do have to show up and skate a hard game in order to earn a win.
    I wouldn't go that far, Miami draws really well with students coming from minny. Especially with native Joe Hartman coming back to town he will have a large cheering section.

Originally posted by scsutommyboy View Post
    From the accounts I have seen the Huskies looked like sh#t both games last weekend. The only good thing is they haven't played their so called "A" line up yet and it is early in the season. It should be interesting to see what Motzko says tonight on his coaches show......

These are huge games when it comes to the Pairwise. Let's hope the team comes out flying and the students actually show up to non-conference game's! This is the first really good non-conference game at the NHC is long time. IF we don't have two sell outs this weekend it is a disgrace!!!!
    Couldn't agree more about the PWR. Last weekend was big for both Miami and UNH, but games against a top 10 team on the road are big. Should be good ones.

Originally posted by Skeeterman View Post
    Here's the deal: If the Huskies play like they did last Saturday, they won't win another game this season.
    We will see if they learned anything from that night. I can't remember watching a Husky game where they were down by 2 goals after the 2nd period and didn't even manage a scoring chance in all of the third period. Incredible. This weekend will be a good test.

So, Miami sucked last weekend, too?
    Miami sucked for about 15 min out of 120....but when they were really bad they were bad. Hard to say Miami sucked when they beat a top 10 team 6-3. One thing that I was encouraged about was the fact that they went down 5-1 going to the third period and fought back to cut that lead in half.

They had some line up issues with guys being suspended for various reason ect. and Knapp wasn't sharp, but again tough to focus after your father dies. Positive thing is They played hard, looked in sync for most of both games and Reichard was extremely shard. Had some guys step up in big ways this past weekend that haven't been relied upon the past couple years. Lots of weapons on this Miami team, once they get rolling they will be tough to beat. I think the big ice actually helps them with their speed and ability to play 1 on 1.

Regardless two great teams playing early in the season is always fun to see. I expect to see Lee both nights, right or wrong?
    Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

I'm just looking forward to seeing da Huskies play a good team. The outcome of this weekend should tell us alot about both of these teams. Besides the Hartman family, are there other Miami fans?
      Bob is making me concerned
      I am the voice of reason

Comment

I'm just looking forward to seeing da Huskies play a good team. The outcome of this weekend should tell us alot about both of these teams. Besides the Hartman family, are there other Miami fans?
        That trip would sadly be a little outside my student budget

Comment

Sounds like a fun weekend of hockey in cloud town. I would think you boys (and girls) will have the arena rockin' for a big time nc matchup like this. Will definitely be watching the "Out Of Town" scoreboard for these games!
          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
            Sounds like a fun weekend of hockey in cloud town. I would think you boys (and girls) will have the arena rockin' for a big time nc matchup like this. Will definitely be watching the "Out Of Town" scoreboard for these games!
            Good luck with UNO this weekend. It looks like it will be an interesting match up. They have some serious size and we all know how Blais will have his team ready. I have said before, I think the Gophers are severely overlooked this year. We certainly do not want UNO thinking the WCHA is an easy transition.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Most of the students don't know the school name, and therefore won't bother making a special effort to see them.
              Not true! They'll all show up, drunk as hell, chanting "**** the 'Canes!"
              tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
                Good luck with UNO this weekend. It looks like it will be an interesting match up. They have some serious size and we all know how Blais will have his team ready. I have said before, I think the Gophers are severely overlooked this year. We certainly do not want UNO thinking the WCHA is an easy transition.
                I hope you are right. I have yet to see my team in person so I will hold my judgements until then. However, some people I have talked to seem to think the Gophers are "back". Uh, maybe we should wait until we play some WCHA teams before we talk like that. last time I checked the Gophers narrowly beat a predicted to be 8th place in their conference UMass team. I'm looking forward to UNO, though. They should be a good WCHA fit, middle of the pack I think. Same with BSU, we all saw the Frozen Four run, but I agree with most who think the WCHA schedule will wear them out a bit down the stretch. Depending on how the Gophers stack up the next two weekends, I would think they will be in the same boat as UNO and BSU. Looking forward to seeing SCSU make the trip up in two weeks. Very bummed it isn't a home/home. I was looking forward to sitting in the dugout all afternoon but that won't happen this year.

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
                  Not true! They'll all show up, drunk as hell, chanting "**** the 'Canes!"
                  That would be pretty funny!

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    I hope you are right. I have yet to see my team in person so I will hold my judgements until then. However, some people I have talked to seem to think the Gophers are "back". Uh, maybe we should wait until we play some WCHA teams before we talk like that. last time I checked the Gophers narrowly beat a predicted to be 8th place in their conference UMass team. I'm looking forward to UNO, though. They should be a good WCHA fit, middle of the pack I think. Same with BSU, we all saw the Frozen Four run, but I agree with most who think the WCHA schedule will wear them out a bit down the stretch. Depending on how the Gophers stack up the next two weekends, I would think they will be in the same boat as UNO and BSU. Looking forward to seeing SCSU make the trip up in two weeks. Very bummed it isn't a home/home. I was looking forward to sitting in the dugout all afternoon but that won't happen this year.
                    You definitely have the best bar in town pegged.

Comment

Im sure there will be some that show up as well as other player families from Illinois ect.
                      Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

When did Miami move to Ohio?
                        I am the voice of reason

Comment

Does the carpet match the curtains?
                          Will Waterlover make it to the game on Saturday?
                          Will TommyBoy continue his rant against the students week after week all season long for the 10th season in a row?

The anticipation is killing me!
                          President of the Jason Stewart Fan Club

Comment

Originally posted by Husky Fan Roy View Post
                            Does the carpet match the curtains?
                            Will Waterlover make it to the game on Saturday?
                            Will TommyBoy continue his rant against the students week after week all season long for the 10th season in a row?

The anticipation is killing me!
                            Me, too!
                            I am the voice of reason

Comment

I wouldn't expect a hug student crowd this weekend as the students have "fall break" starting today. SO hopefuly, but I won't cross my fingers.
                              A Viking, no A Husky fan... nothing like being a professional student

I will always be proud to be a husky fan!

Comment

Originally posted by STC_for_me View Post
                                I wouldn't expect a hug student crowd this weekend as the students have "fall break" starting today. SO hopefuly, but I won't cross my fingers.
                                What the * is "fall break?"
                                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Working...
                                X