Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know the odds when pulling the Goalie?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know the odds when pulling the Goalie?

Anyone know the odds when pulling the Goalie? I mean, for every minute (or game) the goalie is pulled in a college game, what percent of the time does the attacking team score, and what are the percentages for an empty netter? Anyone seen any stats on this in college, or for the NHL, etc?
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
    Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Re: Anyone know the odds when pulling the Goalie?

Originally posted by Happy View Post
    Anyone know the odds when pulling the Goalie? I mean, for every minute (or game) the goalie is pulled in a college game, what percent of the time does the attacking team score, and what are the percentages for an empty netter? Anyone seen any stats on this in college, or for the NHL, etc?
    the last time I looked at this, the goals for* rate was somewhere in the 14-16 per game range, goals against was like 4-5... i'm more certain on the first figure than the second. Maybe somebody else can string this together, but its a VERY hard stat to compile because you'd have to know how often the net is empty at the end of the game (not counting delayed penalties). Even with NHL data you'd have to be GREAT with data processing.

*for a team facing an open net... so basically its like a 4.5-15 disadvantage for the team with the extra man.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/archive...p/t-34327.html

Math galore. And they start with odds of pulling the goalie when on a power play. Still, interesting. Also have some sources mentioned, papers published on the subject.
      Bugs Bunny - 96
      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
        Are we talking Frazee or Kangas?

You'd be better off playing 6 on 5 the entire 3rd period.
        Originally posted by solovsfett
        To you I say 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06. Eat it.
        Originally posted by SCSU Euro
        You sir, are the greatest person from Wisconsin in recorded history.

Comment

Working...
        X