PDA

View Full Version : Providence College at tUMD: October 15th and 16th

Biddco
10-10-2010, 07:09 PM
UMD is coming off a disappointing 6-6 tie against LSSU and a solid victory against NMU in the Superior Showcase.

This week they host PC in non-conference action.

I believe the teams have met in previous NCAA tournaments. (in the 80s?)

Also I have heard that PC is notoriously bad. But based on their record in the last few years it doesn't seem to be that bad. I thought they would have a worst record to show for it. Any PC fan want to explain?

Also if some PC fans could provide me some material to make fun of them during this weekends games it would be much appreciated. :D

manurespreader
10-10-2010, 07:15 PM
UMD is coming off a disappointing 6-6 tie against LSSU and a solid victory against NMU in the Superior Showcase.

This week they host PC in non-conference action.

I believe the teams have met in previous NCAA tournaments. (in the 80s?)

Also I have heard that PC is notoriously bad. But based on their record in the last few years it doesn't seem to be that bad. I thought they would have a worst record to show for it. Any PC fan want to explain?

Also if some PC fans could provide me some material to make fun of them during this weekends games it would be much appreciated. :D

I wouldn't call 3-2 a solid win. more like an escape. Still you should beat pc.

Dirty
10-10-2010, 07:19 PM
You could make fun of their use of Cooperalls.

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/6015/445750704746fec62553o.jpg (http://img39.imageshack.us/i/445750704746fec62553o.jpg/)

Biddco
10-10-2010, 07:35 PM
I wouldn't call 3-2 a solid win. more like an escape. Still you should beat pc.
Well they played solid (minus 5 minutes :D)

Jon
10-11-2010, 11:05 AM
I'm disappointed that your thread is better than mine. Sigh.

Let's see:

PC beat NU
tUMD tied LSSU and took out NMU

PC also can not beat any WCHA team not named "the Mavs" on the road. So this looks to be a rough weekend.

Jon
10-11-2010, 11:05 AM
Well they played solid (minus 5 minutes :D)

Less than 5. It was 3-1 with 30 seconds to go.
then it was 3-2. Sigh.

Biddco
10-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Less than 5. It was 3-1 with 30 seconds to go.
then it was 3-2. Sigh.

Well I was referring to tUMD. But PC also "escaped" with a win? Is that what PC fans call a win? An escape? ;)

Jon
10-11-2010, 11:09 AM
Well I was referring to tUMD. But PC also "escaped" with a win? Is that what PC fans call a win? An escape? ;)

After the past 2 years, yes.

Biddco
10-11-2010, 11:12 AM
After the past 2 years, yes.

Last two years have been very rough? I assumed it was longer than that.

Any PC players to watch? Things to make fun of?

Jon
10-11-2010, 11:15 AM
Last two years have been very rough? I assumed it was longer than that.

Any PC players to watch? Things to make fun of?
Army's first three years behind the bench were mediocre.
The last two years were catastrophic.
They haven't been to the NCAAs' or advanced in the HE Playoffs since 2001 and they haven't been within sniffing distance of a bid since 2003.

If you're really hard up for entertainment, you can come by the PC thread and make fun of Hokydad. But that's more like laughing with us and not at us. We laugh at ourselves enough for two fan bases.

Biddco
10-11-2010, 08:04 PM
Army's first three years behind the bench were mediocre.
The last two years were catastrophic.
They haven't been to the NCAAs' or advanced in the HE Playoffs since 2001 and they haven't been within sniffing distance of a bid since 2003.

If you're really hard up for entertainment, you can come by the PC thread and make fun of Hokydad. But that's more like laughing with us and not at us. We laugh at ourselves enough for two fan bases.
So it has been a rough decade. I thought it was worse than that. What players should I watch for this weekend?

I shall check out your thread :)

Salvo1017
10-11-2010, 09:57 PM
Beaudry, the goaltender. He was a walk on (correct me if I'm wrong on that PC fans) but he's turned out to be quite the man between the pipes.

bulldogs08
10-11-2010, 10:31 PM
How has David Brown been for the Friars?

He played for Cloquet (about 20 miles from Duluth) in high school a few years back.

Jon
10-12-2010, 08:17 AM
Beaudry is a stud. Some in Hockey East think he's the best in the conference, but that happens when you play goal for a last place team that's better at defense than offense.
Bergland is good too. I like our defense in total.

The kids play hard. They just get over matched by the more talented teams (like Merrimack. Sigh).

satyking
10-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Beaudry was not a walk on, Army went out and got him mid-season when our goal tending totally went down, the guy he replaced never was 100% healthy.....he is as good as Turco at this stage of his career and I think Turco was the best all around I have seen

Runninwiththedogs
10-12-2010, 11:28 AM
Beaudry is a stud. Some in Hockey East think he's the best in the conference, but that happens when you play goal for a last place team that's better at defense than offense.

The kids play hard. They just get over matched by the more talented teams (like Merrimack. Sigh).

Ah well, the best of Hockey East is nothing compared to the WCHA, as we are learning in the other thread.

Nick Papagiorgio
10-12-2010, 11:53 AM
he is as good as Turco at this stage of his career and I think Turco was the best all around I have seen

Wow...

bigmrg74
10-12-2010, 12:01 PM
The Friars should pray for Mary this upcoming weekend, and Mary should pray for PC. ;)

Biddco
10-13-2010, 04:28 PM

Sounds like scoring is problematic?

Looking for Reiter to have some good games this weekend and build some confidence for the rest of the season.