Lebanon Valley gets Win No.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebanon Valley gets Win No.1

ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Lebanon Valley College made its ACHA debut a successful one, coming from behind to beat Muhlenberg College, 6-4, in their 2010-11 opener.
    All goals were scored by returning players with two coming from Colin Thompson.

http://godutchmen.com/news/2010/10/8...x?path=mhockey

Muhlenberg is a division 2 team that ranked 126th in the nation last year at 15-11-2 according to MyHockeyRankings.com which I believe is unfairly low as they ended the year on an 11 game unbeaten streak. But it still gives you an idea of Lebanons opponent.

Re: Lebanon Valley gets Win No.1

Originally posted by MN Cyclone View Post
    All goals were scored by returning players with two coming from Colin Thompson.

http://godutchmen.com/news/2010/10/8...x?path=mhockey

Muhlenberg is a division 2 team that ranked 126th in the nation last year at 15-11-2 according to MyHockeyRankings.com which I believe is unfairly low as they ended the year on an 11 game unbeaten streak. But it still gives you an idea of Lebanons opponent.
    Good for LVC to finally get a W. That feels good no matter what the situation!!

On the other side: When the news LVC was moving from NCAA DIII to ACHA DI I was okay with that, hoping they might be more competitive and get some wins. It would have also been nice if they played with some of the big boys of the ACHA DI and even throw in a few NCAA DIII rivals from years past. Their schedule is really weak playing lots of mediocre ACHA DII opponents and no ACHA DI powerhouses and/or currently ranked top 25 ACHA DI teams. Also it was a close 2 goal win, most DIII teams and many ACHA DI teams would blow mid level ACHA DII teams away!

Comment

Originally posted by sbkbghockey View Post
      Good for LVC to finally get a W. That feels good no matter what the situation!!

On the other side: When the news LVC was moving from NCAA DIII to ACHA DI I was okay with that, hoping they might be more competitive and get some wins. It would have also been nice if they played with some of the big boys of the ACHA DI and even throw in a few NCAA DIII rivals from years past. Their schedule is really weak playing lots of mediocre ACHA DII opponents and no ACHA DI powerhouses and/or currently ranked top 25 ACHA DI teams. Also it was a close 2 goal win, most DIII teams and many ACHA DI teams would blow mid level ACHA DII teams away!
      You have to remember that they were late coming to this season's dance, so just about every "powerhouse" team had their dance cards filled. I suspect next year's schedule will be more to your liking.
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by SteveP View Post
        You have to remember that they were late coming to this season's dance, so just about every "powerhouse" team had their dance cards filled. I suspect next year's schedule will be more to your liking.
        Yeah hopefully for fans and also for the team, a 2 goal win over an mid range ACHA DII team doesn't do much in the rankings. I'm buying that because they were late coming into the season they couldn't schedule better teams about halfway. Also it would have given them more of a reason to keep some NCAA DIII teams/rivals on their schedule.

Comment

Working...
        X