Fighting Penalty/Checking from behind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Penalty/Checking from behind

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot but tried to find the offical rules on this. Anyways I know well used to be you fight you get booted for the game you fought in and then the next game. Is that the same for checking from behind? I seen that in 2 UNO games this weekend, and wasn't sure if that applies?
    Lets go GOPHERS! Lets go UNO Mavericks!!

Re: Fighting Penalty/Checking from behind

You only miss the current game.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

No. CFB is a game misconduct, meaning you only miss the remainder of the game you were kicked out of. A fighting major is a game disqualification, which is the game you were kicked out of and the next game.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
        No. CFB is a game misconduct, meaning you only miss the remainder of the game you were kicked out of. A fighting major is a game disqualification, which is the game you were kicked out of and the next game.
        ah thanks Dirty & Brenthoven i was thinking that was the case but wasn't sure. BTW Dirty just to say i seen your clip about the Manitoba Bisons and they are calling Iowa St a AAA team.. too bad the are ACAH club hockey and Manitoba cannot/will not always play D1 schools. What a Homer that guy that does the videos is.
        Last edited by Bubba91; 10-10-2010, 06:24 PM. Reason: adding.
        Lets go GOPHERS! Lets go UNO Mavericks!!

Comment

Checking from Behind may also be called a 2-minute minor in some situations. Of course, it could go all the way up to match. However, fighting is a mandatory match penalty.

Comment

I'm pretty sure a bad hitting from behind penalty can be called a game DQ (missing the next game) if called late in a game. It's all at the discretion of the ref if I recall correctly.
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
              I'm pretty sure a bad hitting from behind penalty can be called a game DQ (missing the next game) if called late in a game. It's all at the discretion of the ref if I recall correctly.
              You are absolutely correct. The league could even tack on further games if they so choose. It doesn't have to be late in the game, as if there is blood shed or serious injury...or a cheap player-actor can't keep his head up.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                Yep. It just isn't automatic like the fighting penalty. Look for a lot of these checking from behind/contact to the head penalties this year, they're probably going to go nuts with the new rule interpretations. Our first game of the year featured two of these 5 minute majors/game misconducts, one from NMU and one from Tech. They weren't something that would be called last year.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                  Checking from Behind may also be called a 2-minute minor in some situations. Of course, it could go all the way up to match. However, fighting is a mandatory match penalty.
                  Just so folks know, a 2 minute Hitting from Behind is only possible at open ice. If the hit forces contact with a permanent structure (boards, glass or net), it's an automatic 5 minute major + at least a game misconduct. The game disqualification can be added at the referee's discretion (intent/viciousness).
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Yager View Post
                    Yep. It just isn't automatic like the fighting penalty. Look for a lot of these checking from behind/contact to the head penalties this year, they're probably going to go nuts with the new rule interpretations. Our first game of the year featured two of these 5 minute majors/game misconducts, one from NMU and one from Tech. They weren't something that would be called last year.
                    This isn't new this year. This will be at least the third year of enforcing hitting from behind as moose below describes it. I believe I saw this penalty called like this at least a half dozen times just last year and just in Notre Dame games. Not to mention a couple more this weekend in St. Louis.

Comment

Also, 3 10 minute penalties on the year will get you a 1 game suspension as well...

Comment

I think check from behind should be 2 and 10 like USA hockey
                        Last edited by NMUFAN21; 10-10-2010, 08:47 PM.
                        NMU

Comment

Originally posted by NMUFAN21 View Post
                          I think check from behind should be 2 and 10 like USA hockey
                          A check from behind when called properly in USA is a 5 and game. They have tried to tweak it enough to where the 2 and 10 can rarely be used.

as for NCAA it can be called as a 2 min minor all the way to a 5 and game DQ. Match penalty is for intent to injury plays and the check from behind has its own category and doesn't fall under that.
                          Miamiredhawks08: "Side note: have any of you had to wear a helmet in SLOW PITCH SOFTBALL CAGE?!?!?!?! Are you flipping kidding me?!?!?! Felt like a 30 year old wearing floaties in a wading pool! jeebus!"

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                            This isn't new this year. This will be at least the third year of enforcing hitting from behind as moose below describes it. I believe I saw this penalty called like this at least a half dozen times just last year and just in Notre Dame games. Not to mention a couple more this weekend in St. Louis.
                            Hit to the head for a 5 minute is new this year. Saw one Saturday called on Umass.
                            XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                            Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                              Hit to the head for a 5 minute is new this year. Saw one Saturday called on Umass.

Yes, contact to the head is a new penalty/point of emphasis, but the hitting from behind stuff is ongoing from previous seasons.

Comment

Working...
                              X