X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Minnesota hosts UNO: 10/15-10/16

Originally posted by billsqueaks View Post
    yeah that was a little aggressive.
    We'll take 4 points in return. I mean, we'll get the 4 points anyways, but at least you will feel like we were owed them.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
      Yes, better goaltender.

I can't believe your stat-ing me to death with two games worth of stats. And if you think UNO isn't starting out with issues to iron out just like the Gophers are I have some land to sell you.
      I figured the stats would get you riled after only one weekend. But let me ask you, what criteria are you using? Obviously both teams have issues to iron out, but the Gopher D showed how to potentially blow a game last weekend, UNO did not. UNO put 101 SOG in 120 minutes last weekend, so the Gopher D will be even more severely tested (bend, but not break...I hope). The Gophers better shadow Matt White, last season's USA Hockey - USHL player of the year, he's a scoring machine.

Blais stated in his radio show that he recruits aggressive players (Like Ryan Walters, "The Agitator") because they're easier to tone down than trying to get non-aggressive players fired up. Special teams will be a huge factor this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by HarleyMC View Post
        I figured the stats would get you riled after only one weekend. But let me ask you, what criteria are you using? Obviously both teams have issues to iron out, but the Gopher D showed how to potentially blow a game last weekend, UNO did not. UNO put 101 SOG in 120 minutes last weekend, so the Gopher D will be even more severely tested (bend, but not break...I hope). The Gophers better shadow Matt White, last season's USA Hockey - USHL player of the year, he's a scoring machine.

Blais stated in his radio show that he recruits aggressive players (Like Ryan Walters, "The Agitator") because they're easier to tone down than trying to get non-aggressive players fired up. Special teams will be a huge factor this weekend.
        And they will learn from their mistakes. IIRC, 10 players of the 28 man roster (28? JFC, how long has it been since we've had a roster that size ready to play???) are freshmen.

Time to eat some baby cows. Mmmmm, I heart veal.
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

If Hill does his job, they will get better...but I don't expect an error free metamorphosis in one week. It'll take time.

Comment

If Hill does his job, they will get better...but I don't expect an error free metamorphosis in one week. It'll take time.
            F*! Ixnay on that! We're drinking Kool-Aid, remember?!

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
              F*! Ixnay on that! We're drinking Kool-Aid, remember?!
              I'm with ya boss!

Edit: I just noticed the big green smiley has gone the way of Mazzocco.
              Last edited by HarleyMC; 10-14-2010, 12:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                hey at least our bridges don't fall down
                http://www.omaha.com/article/20100617/NEWS01/706179802
                That one in Norfolk did.

Comment

USHL Scoring Machine is meaningless in the WCHA. No one knows that more than a Gopher fan. Again, without stuttering.

Aggressive players get you in a lot of trouble on the road in the WCHA. Has Blais toned them down yet, or are they still wild? Sounds like an early season WCHA issue to me. Their defense will have no answer for Minnesota's speed. They better hope they're great back checkers or they're going to get lit up.
                  **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                  Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
                    I regret that happened, as it was out of bounds and not a fair reflection of most Omahans or UNO fans. We don't use fatalities as sports taunts.
                    Unless that bridge fell upon a mass of Michi-goon weaselrines.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                      Unless that bridge fell upon a mass of Michi-goon weaselrines.
                      Still no. Ends and means.

Anyway, back to hockey content:

Preview story from the Omaha World Herald on UNO's visit to Mariucci:

http://omaha.com/article/20101013/MA...vs-to-the-wcha

Comment

What do people here think the goaltending situation will be for the Gophers this weekend? Split duties again or all Kangas all the time?
                        "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                          What do people here think the goaltending situation will be for the Gophers this weekend? Split duties again or all Kangas all the time?
                          I think Kangas will play both games this weekend but may split some time in the future with Patterson.

It sounds like UNO will be all amped up and ready to go with all the Minnesota ties they have on there team. Gophers better come out strong.
                          Originally posted by CavalryNate
                          Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            I think Kangas will play both games this weekend but may split some time in the future with Patterson.

It sounds like UNO will be all amped up and ready to go with all the Minnesota ties they have on there team. Gophers better come out strong.
                            We're going to see very quickly how coachable the defensive system is going to be. If they come out like they did in the second and third periods of last Satudays game it's going to be a long season.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by MavRick View Post
                              Still no. Ends and means.

Anyway, back to hockey content:

Preview story from the Omaha World Herald on UNO's visit to Mariucci:

http://omaha.com/article/20101013/MA...vs-to-the-wcha
                              I like the optimism of the UNO fans. A WCHA title in two years.
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Originally posted by MAVFANJEFF View Post
                                marsha marsha marsha

hey at least our bridges don't fall down
                                Woud you have said that after 9/11? Classy.
                                Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                                dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                                wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X