Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: WCHA vs tRest

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
    And we're talking historically, so yes, history is relevant.
    Look, if you guys want to have a circle jerk about how super-awesomez the WCHA used to be, be my guest. Forgive me for intruding.

And this thread wasn't started to talk about how good the conferences are "historically." But whatever. Carry on.
    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

What's the over/under on whiney Easterner's hooked by this thread?

Notice the CCHA fans(assuming there are any) with their pedestrian educations have so far been smart enough not to get hooked.

Is Brown really an Ivy league school? Funny you never hear anything about them. Weird...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
        Look, if you guys want to have a circle jerk about how super-awesomez the WCHA used to be, be my guest. Forgive me for intruding.
        Well, you asked why they are better, and we produced these things called "facts."
        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

It's like everyone outside of Boston having to read about how great the Beanpot is and pretending that it actually matters.
          Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
          when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
          Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

It's a slaughtering... Like watching lemmings fall off a cliff.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

All right, so far we've got the following inter-conference records (from USCHO)

WCHA 9-2-5
              HEA 3-4-1
              ECAC 2-3-3
              CCHA 3-8-1
              AHA 1-10-3

As a Hockey East guy, I accept our 2nd best inter-conference record so far. It'll go nicely with a 4th straight national championship this spring.
              Bugs Bunny - 96
              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                All right, so far we've got the following inter-conference records (from USCHO)

WCHA 9-2-5
                HEA 3-4-1
                ECAC 2-3-3
                CCHA 3-8-1
                AHA 1-10-3

As a Hockey East guy, I accept our 2nd best inter-conference record so far. It'll go nicely with a 4th straight national championship this spring.
                A man with some sense. The argument was never which conference has the best team, it was the best conference.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

A man with some sense. The argument was never which conference has the best team, it was the best conference.
                  And it's been fully established from numerous angles how the WCHA is the better conference.
                  Code:
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

A man with some sense.
                    My wife would take issue with your characterization.
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                      My wife would take issue with your characterization.
                      1. Is she a woman?
                      2. Then that makes sense.

Comment

This is absolutely true (though trust me, UMass is incredible God-awful this year).
                        Interesting. How did BC do against them this season?
                        Unless you personally have skated with the UMass team and have a first-hand account of how God-awful they are...

How's that 7.5 gpg average thing working out for BC so far?
                        I like chocolate milk and Kate Beckinsale and Lauren Graham and Brooke Burke and Elisha Cuthbert and Eva Longoria.

Fighting Sioux Hockey

Comment

1. Is she a woman?
                          2. Then that makes sense.
                          "Must spread rep . . . "
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Well, you asked why they are better, and we produced these things called "facts."
                            this
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by brianvf View Post
                              Interesting. How did BC do against them this season?
                              Unless you personally have skated with the UMass team and have a first-hand account of how God-awful they are...

How's that 7.5 gpg average thing working out for BC so far?
                              1. BC hasn't played them yet. Last year, they were "good," by their standards, and BC beat them five times in five tries. They then lost most of their scoring talent either to graduation or pro defections. While nobody on here has skated with them ( ) it doesn't take a rocket scientist or brilliant hockey analyst to look at their roster and say they're going to have serious trouble this year. Most people put them in at least the bottom 3 or 4 of HE; I say they'll finish 8th or 9th.

2. I'm pretty sure exactly one person speculated that BC could break the league scoring record, and that person didn't know that the record was an average of 7+ goals per game. Again, .

Seeing as North Dakota lost to Yale to end their season & has had their season ended by an eastern team 5 years in a row (by 3 different teams, so there goes the 'oh, it's one team in the east' garbage), I would hold off on the bluster unless you enjoy sounding foolish.

Yes, lower-middle WCHA teams like Mankato, Alaska Anchorage, and, in the last couple of years, Minnesota, are probably better than teams like UMass, UMass-Lowell, and Merrimack, as well as most of the ECAC. If that's what you're hanging your hat on, congratulations I guess.
                              Last edited by joegrav; 10-11-2010, 12:35 AM.
                              BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                              -
                              Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by BCWH Superfan joe View Post
                                I would hold off on the bluster unless you enjoy sound foolish.
                                Too late for you I see.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X