X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

Originally posted by babo View Post
    I'm serious; I don't mind long hair AT ALL...it's a personal statement that fully correctable if needed (unlike tattoos)...it just looks really BAD on him...too tall, too frizzy, too red, too much! I saw and heard the reactions at high school games...I will dig up a photo and show the evidence...
    Reactions at games are nothing. You know how many times I've heard "get a haircut" yelled from the student section or the band during a game, whether directed at hockey players or not? I remember there was one game in Pyongyang, I was with the band, and some girls with a whiteboard were chiding me about my hair.

In any case, I look forward to seeing this one on facebook....
    Last edited by FlagDUDE08; 11-09-2010, 02:47 PM.

Comment

He's already done this before (his high school hockey pictures were horrible because of a 7" fro!!!) and he's growing it out in DBQ. I know I gotta' pick my battles but it makes small children think Ronald McDonald has gone psycho... REALLY unattractive during the National Anthem...
      If he dyed some stripes white, it might look better during the anthem.
      Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-09-2010, 03:09 PM. Reason: speeling
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
        Just MHO but i think you kind of have to go with it. He will decide what looks best for him when he finds out what the ladies like.(and that most definitely does not include his mother) As a guy I will grow as much hair as i can while i still could. With age we learn that shorter hair is just so much easier to care for. Jenny likes me with my hair long but once it turned silver I wanted it shorter. If I was Luke's age-my hair would be like I had it back in the 70's-in a pony tail with beads in it.
        Oh yeah...we know which battles to fight...this is NOT one of them...can I get a photo of you with the long hair and beads?

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          If he dyed some stripes white, it might look better during the anthem.
          Please don't give him any ideas...he dyed what little beard he had one year...black...he looked like abraham llincoln with a red fro

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
            Reactions at games are nothing. You know how many times I've heard "get a haircut" yelled from the student section or the band during a game, whether directed at hockey players or not? I remember there was one game in Pyongyang, I was with the band, and some girls with a whiteboard were chiding me about my hair.

In any case, I look forward to seeing this one on facebook....
            I can only imagine what you go thru...fun tho...

Comment

Newsflash
              from Chris Heisenberg:

We have a new recruit.

Mark McGowan, LW, Oakville 6'2 195 May 8, 1990

That name sounds strangely familiar.
              Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-09-2010, 03:51 PM.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

McGowan's OJHL page http://ojhlsite.stats.pointstreak.co...&seasonid=5985.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Code:
                  Jacob Laliberté      C Cornwall Colts (CHL)           22-19-21- 40-  8 11/10/10
                  Matt Neal            C Stouffville Spirit (OJHL)      21-16-14- 30-  6 11/11/10
                  Mark McGowan        LW Oakville Blades (OJHL)         20-10- 8- 18- 24 11/12/10
                  Luke Curadi         LD Dubuque Fighting Saints (USHL) 10- 1- 6-  7- 33 11/13/10
                  Ryan Haggerty       RC USNTDP U-18                    15- 2- 3-  5- 11 11/10/10 (4 Nations Cup)

Chris Bradley       LD Youngstown Phantoms (USHL)     13- 1- 0-  1-  0 11/10/10

Women
                  Brianna Piper        G Toronto Aeros (PWHL)        4- 2- 2-0-2.25-.875 11/11/10
                  Eleeza Cox           F Ridley College Tigers           7-11- 2- 13-  ? 11/17/10 a lot of missing information
                  Last edited by Ralph Baer; 11-10-2010, 12:26 AM.
                  sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BTW, McGowan was a teammate of Brandon Pirri two years ago in Georgetown. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...052262009.html
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

BTW, McGowan was a teammate of Brandon Pirri two years ago in Georgetown. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/l...052262009.html
                      I hear he has a pretty good coach out in Oakville this year.

Comment

Heres his profile from the Oakville website. Sounds like he will fit right in with SA's style of play. Welcome aboard Mark!

http://oakvilleblades.pointstreaksit...s/mark-mcgowan

Mark is incredibly consistent both offensively and defensively. He has speed, size and a high hockey I.Q; will play as a top 6 forward as well as play on the PP and PK during 2010-2011.
                        Last edited by redhead18; 11-09-2010, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Newsflash
                          from Chris Heisenberg:

We have a new recruit.

Mark McGowan, LW, Oakville 6'2 195 May 8, 1990

That name sounds strangely familiar.
                          New recruit means more work for Ralph Welcome to the madness that is RPI hockey Mark. Hope you stay longer than your former teammate.
                          Loyality means sticking with a thing in good and bad times. Not willing to do that, stay home, I got this.

Comment

I can only imagine what you go thru...fun tho...
                            Pfft, I've heard every insult in the past 9 years. Not a single one is new. Although one time I tucked it inside a cap, and 6 people thought I got a haircut.

Comment

Oh yeah...we know which battles to fight...this is NOT one of them...can I get a photo of you with the long hair and beads?
                              I was always on the edge and never looked the part of the typical doctor. Yes we have pictures and I am sure Jenny will show them to you when we meet up.
                              Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

This I like-my kind of forward-big. Seems like he has a bit of a scoring touch. The class is taking shape.
                                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Working...
                                X