X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: RPI 2011 Recruit Thread Pt. II

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think Seth really likes the mullet, at least given that most of the players butch it by the start of sophomore year.
    I think it's an overall culture system more than SA requiring the hair cuts...the younger guys follow the example set by the older ones. I could be wrong (and I hope I am because the big red fro is really not a good look...)

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
      Theres a nice highlight clip on youtube of Keeney, not sure if its on his webpage or not:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0X77w8kFP-o
      Nice find. Interesting that a fight was included.
      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by ralph baer View Post
        do you think that 17-year olds knows what chuck berry sounds like? i suspect that it is someone else covering the song. (actually, i am more interested in how well he keeps the puck out of the net. :d )

btw, have you seen him play on any visit to the ushl?

I think it was him in the net when dbq played the home opener (you'll tell me if i'm wrong:d). He was very quick and crisp. The fact that he's that young makes me think he's keeper (not just a goal keeper)

edit: Chuck berry live in 1958 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofd9t_sulm
        standard version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8jul...eature=related
        :d:d

Comment

Originally posted by babo View Post
          I think it's an overall culture system more than SA requiring the hair cuts...the younger guys follow the example set by the older ones. I could be wrong (and I hope I am because the big red fro is really not a good look...)
          That's likely a better inference. After all, we're not that team from the bronx.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Do you think that 17-year olds knows what Chuck Berry sounds like? I suspect that it is someone else covering the song. (Actually, I am more interested in how well he keeps the puck out of the net. )

BTW, have you seen him play on any visit to the USHL?

Edit: Chuck Berry live in 1958 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ofD9t_sULM
            standard version http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8JUL...eature=related
            Not sure what happened there on my last attempt...but yes, I think he was in goal for the DBQ home opener (you'll correct me if I'm wrong). He seemed good to me; but now that I know he's only 17 I'd say there's tons of talent there.

Comment

Not sure what happened there on my last attempt...but yes, I think he was in goal for the DBQ home opener (you'll correct me if I'm wrong). He seemed good to me; but now that I know he's only 17 I'd say there's tons of talent there.
              He was the backup http://ushl.stats.pointstreak.com/bo...gameid=1341322.
              sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

I realize you do not want to see it-but Luke with a big high red fro would look about 7 foot tall on the ice with skates on. That would just have to put the fear of G0D into just about anyone coming towards him.
                Take the shortest distance to the puck and arrive in ill humor

Comment

Originally posted by DrDemento View Post
                  I realize you do not want to see it-but Luke with a big high red fro would look about 7 foot tall on the ice with skates on. That would just have to put the fear of G0D into just about anyone coming towards him.
                  Too bad the players can't play no helmet anymore... unless you mean during the anthems.

Comment

Too bad the players can't play no helmet anymore... unless you mean during the anthems.
                    I really miss those days.

Comment

I really miss those days.
                      I'm sure that you know this, but in college helmets were required at least since I was a freshman in 64-65.
                      sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Keeney's bio says he's from Twin Peaks....wonder if his family knew Laura Palmer
                        Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

He's already done this before (his high school hockey pictures were horrible because of a 7" fro!!!) and he's growing it out in DBQ. I know I gotta' pick my battles but it makes small children think Ronald McDonald has gone psycho... REALLY unattractive during the National Anthem...

Comment

He's already done this before (his high school hockey pictures were horrible because of a 7" fro!!!) and he's growing it out in DBQ. I know I gotta' pick my battles but it makes small children think Ronald McDonald has gone psycho... REALLY unattractive during the National Anthem...
                            I know we've had this discussion before between you and I, but having had started a hair trend where I grew up, in my humble opinion, the bigger the better. Obviously some people will choose different things and that's fine, to each his own. I don't believe in saying people should have specific hairstyles, although I do poke fun at the guys that can't do perms very well, or at least have natural curls/waves.

Comment

Just MHO but i think you kind of have to go with it. He will decide what looks best for him when he finds out what the ladies like.(and that most definitely does not include his mother) As a guy I will grow as much hair as i can while i still could. With age we learn that shorter hair is just so much easier to care for. Jenny likes me with my hair long but once it turned silver I wanted it shorter. If I was Luke's age-my hair would be like I had it back in the 70's-in a pony tail with beads in it.

Comment

I know we've had this discussion before between you and I, but having had started a hair trend where I grew up, in my humble opinion, the bigger the better. Obviously some people will choose different things and that's fine, to each his own. I don't believe in saying people should have specific hairstyles, although I do poke fun at the guys that can't do perms very well, or at least have natural curls/waves.
                                I'm serious; I don't mind long hair AT ALL...it's a personal statement that fully correctable if needed (unlike tattoos)...it just looks really BAD on him...too tall, too frizzy, too red, too much! I saw and heard the reactions at high school games...I will dig up a photo and show the evidence...

Comment

Working...
                                X