No announcement yet.

Ohio State 2010/2011 - No way but up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2010/2011 - No way but up.

Looks like the Friday night game is scheduled to be replayed Saturday at noon on NHL HD.

Comment

The Buckeye web-site schedule is not showing any internet feed yet. I will have to go over to friends house and watch the game. Eh. Sidney Crosby is hurt and out of the lineup for NHL , maybe he will be home. LOL.

I think Fridays game is on Comcast TV. Here's a good CCHA all team TV schedule link.

http://www.ccha.com/schedules/tv_schedule.aspx
      Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 01-13-2011, 11:48 AM.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

So if the game is broadcast on "comcast", what exactly does that mean, and is it something that they could pick up at a sportsbar or b-dubs?

Comment

No one I know in central Ohio gets Comcast. It is available but everyone I know has either Roadrunner, WOW, or satellite. You'd have to call the bar and see not only if they have Comcast but even if the manager would put it on. Wings are in town against the Jackets tomorrow so if a bar or b-dubs is going to be showing hockey at all it'll probably be the NHL game. GO WINGS!!
          Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-13-2011, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Both games are sell outs for this weekend. That place should be loud and rockin. Hope the Bucks can get off to a good start and quiet up the fans up there.

Comment

Comcast TV is a major cable network out of Michigan. I'm sure a person could find it on Dish TV or Direct TV.

http://www.smarter.com/se--qq-comcast.html?mrkt=1

I also found a internet feed for the games on the Buckeye vision page and Western Michagin home page schedule. You need to sign up and purchase the monthly pass and then cancel it after the games or before 30 days.

http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/liv...b_oem_id=17300

http://www.wmubroncos.com/liveEvents...DB_OEM_ID=4600
              Last edited by THE OHIO STATE; 01-13-2011, 05:54 PM.
              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

The games will also be on 1460. I am trying to figure out how to listen live to the AM side of The Fan. Unless you are downtown it is hard to hear 1460 at night.
                Last edited by OSUmab; 01-14-2011, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                  No one I know in central Ohio gets Comcast. It is available but everyone I know has either Roadrunner, WOW, or satellite. You'd have to call the bar and see not only if they have Comcast but even if the manager would put it on. Wings are in town against the Jackets tomorrow so if a bar or b-dubs is going to be showing hockey at all it'll probably be the NHL game. GO WINGS!!
                  Your giving Columbus to much credit. Many times I have had to ask for the Jackets to be put on unless you are at an Arena district bar. Go Wings? Keep that Michigan talk off this thread :-)
                  Last edited by OSUmab; 01-14-2011, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
                    I don't know how much college hockey Arace has covered in his time as a reporter, but he was the beat reporter for the NHL Hartford Whalers for a couple years so I think it is kind of hard to argue he isn't a real hockey reporter.

Might not agree with him, but I think he can safely be classified as a real hockey reporter.
                    Michael also covered OSU during the lockout year. There's no doubt the man knows his hockey, and he's a good guy. The Dispatch used to have a full-time writer on the OSU beat until the past few years when the team really started to struggle and the paper got smaller. Craig Merz, who covered the team forever, is writing for the Columbus Examiner now online. At most home games it's him, me and the USCHO recapper.

And I'm sure garbage goal wasn't a slam. Just a term, although I would post that the one he was referring to, Serge's goal Friday, was a quality goal.

I wish I was going to Western this weekend but sickness took that out of the equation. Should be a fun, interesting series. Osiecki said this week they haven't had to get the team's head out of the clouds with the winning streak, which is probably a good sign.
                    www.BuckeyeSports.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsvo88 View Post
                      Michael also covered OSU during the lockout year. There's no doubt the man knows his hockey, and he's a good guy. The Dispatch used to have a full-time writer on the OSU beat until the past few years when the team really started to struggle and the paper got smaller. Craig Merz, who covered the team forever, is writing for the Columbus Examiner now online. At most home games it's him, me and the USCHO recapper.

And I'm sure garbage goal wasn't a slam. Just a term, although I would post that the one he was referring to, Serge's goal Friday, was a quality goal.

I wish I was going to Western this weekend but sickness took that out of the equation. Should be a fun, interesting series. Osiecki said this week they haven't had to get the team's head out of the clouds with the winning streak, which is probably a good sign.
                      Perhaps I was a little harsh based on one comment but if Brewmaster's memory is better than mine and Arace did defend Markell then I stand by my original premise.

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
                        Your giving Columbus to much credit. Many times I have had to ask for the Jackets to be put on unless you are at an Arena district bar. Go Wings? Keep that Michigan talk off this thread :-)
                        Please note I did say IF they have hockey on. I've asked and been turned down at bars here in Columbus asking to have the Jackets turned on. And sorry, I stand by my pro team. I like the Jackets but the Wings were my team decades before there was a Blue Jackets and a real fan doesn't jump ship, why do you think I'm stuck with the Browns!

Comment

Tough Loss tonight. Giving up 2 goals off turnovers will hurt you everytime. They controlled the game for most of the last 40 minutes, but the first period was not very good. Western came out with alot of energy and the bucks didnt match it for the most part. The 2nd and 3rd periods Kuhn made some great saves to keep western on top.

With 853 left in the game Ohio state was given a penalty and after the play dries skates over and whacked a western player with his stick and was given 10 minute misconduct. Wilkens skates over to OZ and tells him what happens and Oz tells him to send him to the locker room. Wlikens looks at the clock and says there could be overtime. Oz again points to the locker room and wilkens says are you sure its your call OZ says yes. So Dries gets to sit the last 853 in the locker room for a stupid play. That really hurt but i like that he is sending a message be discipline or your going to sit. I wonder if he will sit tomorrow or was that punishment enough? If they play for 60 minutes tomorrow like the last 40 were played tonight there is no doubt in my mind a W will be the result. Sitting behind the Bench tonight i got to see first hand what i thought i saw from the other side of the ice, Oz does way more coaching than Markell ever did on game day. He is up and down the bench talking to the players letting them know what they are doing and not doing. During the timeouts he is the one drawing up the plays not the assistants as in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
                            Tough Loss tonight. Giving up 2 goals off turnovers will hurt you everytime. They controlled the game for most of the last 40 minutes, but the first period was not very good. Western came out with alot of energy and the bucks didnt match it for the most part. The 2nd and 3rd periods Kuhn made some great saves to keep western on top.

With 853 left in the game Ohio state was given a penalty and after the play dries skates over and whacked a western player with his stick and was given 10 minute misconduct. Wilkens skates over to OZ and tells him what happens and Oz tells him to send him to the locker room. Wlikens looks at the clock and says there could be overtime. Oz again points to the locker room and wilkens says are you sure its your call OZ says yes. So Dries gets to sit the last 853 in the locker room for a stupid play. That really hurt but i like that he is sending a message be discipline or your going to sit. I wonder if he will sit tomorrow or was that punishment enough? If they play for 60 minutes tomorrow like the last 40 were played tonight there is no doubt in my mind a W will be the result. Sitting behind the Bench tonight i got to see first hand what i thought i saw from the other side of the ice, Oz does way more coaching than Markell ever did on game day. He is up and down the bench talking to the players letting them know what they are doing and not doing. During the timeouts he is the one drawing up the plays not the assistants as in the past.
                            Sorry to hear that you missed most of the game (those concession stand lines are awful). Jerry should have had a shutout but for the terrible call that resulted in OSU's Power paly goal and then Western scored on their own goal for the second. Fairly even for 60 minutes with Western being the smarter team all night. Time for a sweep.
                            B2
                            It will only get better!

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
                              Sorry to hear that you missed most of the game (those concession stand lines are awful). Jerry should have had a shutout but for the terrible call that resulted in OSU's Power paly goal and then Western scored on their own goal for the second. Fairly even for 60 minutes with Western being the smarter team all night. Time for a sweep.
                              Terrible call? How about your goalie taking a flop when dries skates near him and then the penalty was for the pretty good shove your guy put on Dries. You guys played a good game but for 40 minutes ohio state had the better chances. How about on your 3rd goal Albert gets cross checked into your net causing a odd man rush leading directly to the goal. See you tomorrow sweep will not happen.

Comment

Disappointing, but as Oz hasn't played Western before he's still feeling our opponents out. I have no doubts as like with Miami last week he'll be making adjustments that will give us a stronger game Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X