No announcement yet.

Ohio State 2010/2011 - No way but up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Ohio State 2010/2011 - No way but up.

Interesting. I was listening to the BlueJackets radio show Wednesday and one of the host reported that according to a Toronto newspaper the NHL has narrowed the location for New years outdoor hockey to New York, Denver or Columbus. The host said he contacted OSU officials and the Ohio St. people would welcome the outdoor game.

Comment

Get the Broom out. What a game tonight once again never quit attitude from this team. Down 2-0 after 2 and score 5 goals against one of the best teams in the country. John Albert is very underated he has been the best team player during his 4 years as a buckeye. We are seeing something that we havent seen in a long time thats now 6 straight for them and tied for 6th place. Cal played another good game tonight. Oz has them playing with great confidence it doesnt seem like he will let it go to there head. Team play is the name of the game and Oz has them playing as a group not as individuals as we have seen in the past. Who know what this team can do but i am excited to see the rest of the season. On to the Zoo next weekend to meet the Broncos.

Comment

Wow. Nice weekend for the Buckeyes. Two very different looking wins against a solid, skilled team.

Comment

SUPER SWEEP. What a game for the fans. I think we found the Redhawks sleeping in the 3rd period. The Bucks couldn't even buy a goal in the first two periods and then they score 5 goals in a row in the 3rd period. 3 earned goals and 2 empty netters. WOW. What a great come back and team effort. GO BUCKS GO.
          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Sweeet sweep! Miami is a much more balanced and cohesive team under Enrico but OSU has been digging deep to give Oz what he expects in effort from them and this is how it pays off. The rest of the conference should take notice from this weekend that there's a new marshal in town! Give him his recruits and time and I predict another Frozen Four in our future.

Comment

Sweep! No quit and it paid it off in the 3rd period. Felt much more even tonight last Heeter stole us one IMO. Now make this statement weekend mean something. I don't believe we have beaten Knapp.

What happened on Miamis second goal??

Comment

I have not seem the buckeyes play like they played this weekend in YEARS. They played, disciplined, aggressive, smart, hard, inspired hockey. They did not play scared of Miami, they played with confidence. We won puck battles, took better angles to the puck and made crisper, smarter passes. The result was 2 fairly even games with Miami that resulted in 2 Buckeyes W's. The coaches can downplay it all they want but this could be a signature moment for this program.

One of the biggest things I see with this weekend is the student section. This is a HUGE opportunity for the program to build a student following. There were a lot of students in attendance this weekend to see 2 very fun games. The next 2 series are against Notre Dame and Michigan State so those are schools with good 'names' that typically draw some students. Play well in those 4 games and you may have the start of a student following.

Great weekend pucks!

Comment

Originally posted by OSUmab View Post
                  What happened on Miamis second goal??
                  Apparently it went past the crease and through the side of the net. From my angle, it looked like a wide shot, but from a referee's actions, it seems like there was a hole in the netting afterward.

Awesome game. To be behind 0-2 at the start of the third and not say "well, we tried. Let's just finish this up" is awesome. I'm really loving the enthusiasm and don't-quit attitude of this team. I'm seeing a bright future with Coach Oz.

Comment

A two game sweep of Miami, two very good crowds in the Schott and free french fries from McDonald's thanks to the four goals in the third period on Saturday. Life is good at the top.

Comment

OK. Now we know we can beat the Redhawks this year , the big question is can we beat them in the playoffs when it counts? The Bucks need to use this second half of the season to prepare for the playoffs. It will be fun this year to see if this new team of Buckeyes can get past the first round of playoffs and how far they really can go. I see light at the end of the tunnel this year. GO BUCKS GO. Eh.
                      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Nice shot of Miami's "through the net goal" from Saturday's game.

*****http://photo.the-ozone.net/photos/2010_2011/MensHockey/11-01-08-MH-0254.jpg******

Comment

Amazing photo. Congrats to Photographer Davidson, and thanks to Draightlicht for posting.

Comment

Saturday's Dispatch had a lengthy article on the front page of the sports section about the team (how about that?) but the reporter Michael Arace obviously did not grow up a hockey fan or very knowledgeable about hockey as he commented on our single goal Friday as a "garbage" goal. It was a clean shot off a rebound so what makes it garbage? It was a decent story until he threw that slur in there. The only experience he has covering hockey it seems is the Jackets which is where the real garbage is or maybe he's a Miami alum?

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
                              Saturday's Dispatch had a lengthy article on the front page of the sports section about the team (how about that?) but the reporter Michael Arace obviously did not grow up a hockey fan or very knowledgeable about hockey as he commented on our single goal Friday as a "garbage" goal. It was a clean shot off a rebound so what makes it garbage? It was a decent story until he threw that slur in there. The only experience he has covering hockey it seems is the Jackets which is where the real garbage is or maybe he's a Miami alum?
                              where I come from, the term "garbage goal" is far from a slur. Anytime you have someone standing in front of the net, picking up the rebounds the goalies leaves in front if him and putting them in the back of the net, that person is often one of your tougher forwards, taking a ton of punishment. Think Tomas Holmstrom of Detroit, for one example. Most Wings fans love the guy, and pay homage to his garbage goals and the role they played in Stanley Cup championships. I bet he meant that reference in a completely positive light.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                                where I come from, the term "garbage goal" is far from a slur. Anytime you have someone standing in front of the net, picking up the rebounds the goalies leaves in front if him and putting them in the back of the net, that person is often one of your tougher forwards, taking a ton of punishment. Think Tomas Holmstrom of Detroit, for one example. Most Wings fans love the guy, and pay homage to his garbage goals and the role they played in Stanley Cup championships. I bet he meant that reference in a completely positive light.
                                I changed what I posted here as my reply earlier after I saw the replay of the goal and was mistaken as Dries was posted up close but the quality of the replay kept me from following the puck to be able to see if he scored from the rebound or a pass. Getting used to these embarrassing moments as old age approaches.
                                Last edited by Hockeybuckeye; 01-09-2011, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X