Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dusty

Originally posted by Sportsfan1 View Post
    As far as I remember this season, he hasn't even travelled with the team. He's a senior that is being treated with lack of respect.
    Not to take anything away from Heeter, but Dusty has played for three years for this team as a Buckeye, and now he's not even good enough to be a back up goalie? Come on.
    I agree Dusty should be the back up, but ive said this before if Heeter was given a chance to win the job last year i believe he would have won the job. Cal has played pretty well for the most part this year and i believe he will lead this team very well the rest of this season and into next season.

Comment

Originally posted by klbaum1077 View Post
      I agree Dusty should be the back up, but ive said this before if Heeter was given a chance to win the job last year i believe he would have won the job. Cal has played pretty well for the most part this year and i believe he will lead this team very well the rest of this season and into next season.
      The way Brady Hjelle is playing in the USHL I wouldn't count him out of the mix next season.

Comment

The Coaching staff better hope Heeter doesn't get hurt and they have to play Dusty Carlson or the younger goalie with no game time yet this year. I also see Heeter getting burned out as we head into the end of the year. Eh.
        " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
          The Coaching staff better hope Heeter doesn't get hurt and they have to play Dusty Carlson or the younger goalie with no game time yet this year. I also see Heeter getting burned out as we head into the end of the year. Eh.
          I agree with you on if cal gets hurt they will be playing a guy who hasnt seen any game time all season and that will hurt alot. I dont know if cal will get burned out this 3 week break will do him and the rest of the team some good for the stretch run.

Comment

I have always said that Heeter has the edge over Carlson for the best goalie , but Coach needs to rotate them and play Carlson on a few Non-Conference games. Or at least start him with another goalie as backup. I really liked that younger kid in the net during the inter-squad scrimmage game at the start of the season. They put him in for the shoot-outs at the end. He was very good at one on ones. Alot better than Heeter and Carlson. Well , here's to the second half of the season. Eh. " GO BUCKS GO. "
            " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Just felt like getting on here and saying HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my buddies here in tOSU thread on USCHO! Here's to continued improvement this season, and the bright future I believe we are going to have with Coach Oz! LET'S GO BUCKS!

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                Just felt like getting on here and saying HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all my buddies here in tOSU thread on USCHO! Here's to continued improvement this season, and the bright future I believe we are going to have with Coach Oz! LET'S GO BUCKS!
                Yes Merry Christmas and here is to much improvement that has begun with Puck Bucks

Comment

• Re: Ohio State 2010/2011 - No way but up.

The best Christmas present for me came last spring when they picked Oz to coach this team. the future looks very good.

Comment

Just wanted to let everyone know that I talked to senior Patrick Schafer today and he has left the team for the Arizona Sun Dogs of the CHL. Schafer had one assist this year and 35 career points. He has left the team and is already in Arizona.

In case anyone thinks this was motivated any problems with the new staff, Schafer said he leaves on good terms. He simply just had an opportunity to start a pro career he couldn't pass up: "It was just a different (coaching) style, but (I didn't leave) because they were unfair or anything like that. (Leaving) was just a good opportunity for me to be successful. I have nothing bad to say. They were good guys."

Schafe is a fantastic guy and I wish him well. He also said he wishes Ohio State nothing but the best.
                    www.BuckeyeSports.com

Comment

Originally posted by jsvo88 View Post
                      Just wanted to let everyone know that I talked to senior Patrick Schafer today and he has left the team for the Arizona Sun Dogs of the CHL. Schafer had one assist this year and 35 career points. He has left the team and is already in Arizona.

In case anyone thinks this was motivated any problems with the new staff, Schafer said he leaves on good terms. He simply just had an opportunity to start a pro career he couldn't pass up: "It was just a different (coaching) style, but (I didn't leave) because they were unfair or anything like that. (Leaving) was just a good opportunity for me to be successful. I have nothing bad to say. They were good guys."

Schafe is a fantastic guy and I wish him well. He also said he wishes Ohio State nothing but the best.
                      only surprised by the timing on this. With the number of committed kids for next year I doubt that this is the last surprise.

Comment

• Re: Schafer

Originally posted by jsvo88 View Post

Really? Not what I heard as to why he left and why others are seriously considering it.
                        Think about it. Why would a guy leave now for the CHL with just a few credits short of his degree?
                        Plenty of time for that after he finishes this season and finishes school.
                        And if you're going to quote someone, don't "fix" it up with brackets mid sentence.
                        Schafer is a fantastic guy. We all wish him well. He's a class act and I'm sure he wishes Ohio State and his team mates nothing but the best.

Comment

Really? Not what I heard as to why he left and why others are seriously considering it.
                          Think about it. Why would a guy leave now for the CHL with just a few credits short of his degree?
                          Plenty of time for that after he finishes this season and finishes school.
                          And if you're going to quote someone, don't "fix" it up with brackets mid sentence.
                          Schafer is a fantastic guy. We all wish him well. He's a class act and I'm sure he wishes Ohio State and his team mates nothing but the best.
                          I don't understand what you are getting at...

Is the allegation here that Oz pulled his financial aid/scholarship or is it just that he "ran him off" (for lack of a better term) by making it obvious that there was going to be little or no playing time, so the guy up and left.

If it is the latter, I have less than absolutely no problem with it. He was brought in to win and implement his program, within the parameters of the rules as long as he does that, I am OK with it.

If it is the former, I do have a problem with it. These kids came in with an understood commitment from the University that shouldn't change with a coaching change. They should have the opportunity to continue to receive their funding and pursue their degree. This is very different than continuing to have an opportunity to play on the hockey team.

In other words - as long as they are still being made whole with the money to go to school - I don't particularly care if Oz pushes them out of the hockey program if they arent good enough or don't fit with what he wants to do. On the other hand, if he is cutting their funding off, I have a problem with that.

What are you suggesting happened with Schafer?

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
                            I don't understand what you are getting at...

Is the allegation here that Oz pulled his financial aid/scholarship or is it just that he "ran him off" (for lack of a better term) by making it obvious that there was going to be little or no playing time, so the guy up and left.

If it is the latter, I have less than absolutely no problem with it. He was brought in to win and implement his program, within the parameters of the rules as long as he does that, I am OK with it.

If it is the former, I do have a problem with it. These kids came in with an understood commitment from the University that shouldn't change with a coaching change. They should have the opportunity to continue to receive their funding and pursue their degree. This is very different than continuing to have an opportunity to play on the hockey team.

In other words - as long as they are still being made whole with the money to go to school - I don't particularly care if Oz pushes them out of the hockey program if they arent good enough or don't fit with what he wants to do. On the other hand, if he is cutting their funding off, I have a problem with that.

What are you suggesting happened with Schafer?
                            I do know that he was left behind for the Bg Series because he was out of shape. At one point during practice that week he was sucking wind after skating lines and coach blew up at him because he was not in shape. Coach told him "you are out of shpae and i cant use you i just cant use you." He was one of the guys who came back out of shape and Oz didnt like that we all know that.

Comment

I do know that he was left behind for the Bg Series because he was out of shape. At one point during practice that week he was sucking wind after skating lines and coach blew up at him because he was not in shape. Coach told him "you are out of shpae and i cant use you i just cant use you." He was one of the guys who came back out of shape and Oz didnt like that we all know that.
                              You really don't know what you're talking about. Get your facts straight about Schafer not being in shape before you put it in print.
                              And if that's in fact what Oz said to him...maybe he should take the time to actually talk to his players before jumping to conclusions.

Comment

You really don't know what you're talking about. Get your facts straight about Schafer not being in shape before you put it in print.
                                And if that's in fact what Oz said to him...maybe he should take the time to actually talk to his players before jumping to conclusions.
                                I have my facts straight.

Comment

Working...
                                X