No announcement yet.

Ohio State 2010/2011 - No way but up.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ohio State 2010/2011 - No way but up.

My assumption is the underclassmen, especially the freshmen may get a lot of ice time over the seniors as Oz feels they are the foundation for the team he wants to build and school is in session for them. I think he's already looking past this season and training them for down the road. He'll take what wins he gets obviously this year but I feel he's focused on team building rather than success in the here and now. Like in our previous posts we all know the program is in better hands now and will vastly improve, the question is how long until it does. If he's got 11-14 kids to bring in for next year I'm very curious to see the level of talent he can get here in that quantity.

Comment

[QUOTE=Hockeybuckeye;4885524]My assumption is the underclassmen, especially the freshmen may get a lot of ice time over the seniors as Oz feels they are the foundation for the team he wants to build and school is in session for them. I think he's already looking past this season and training them for down the road.

He already made his upperclasmen cuts for this year. He doesn't need to kick the rest of the guys in the " NUTS. " He better play to WIN this year and every year. He will gain youth as the older guys move on. He can WIN more games with a good mix of ages and talent.
      I can see that there's one or two Freshmen that have beat out some of the upperclassmen , but to take all but one Freshmen with him on the road. Coach OZ didn't earn any " BROWNIE POINTS " with the Columbus Blue Jackets Head Coach as his kid was the only Freshmen left behind.

GO BUCKS GO.
      " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

2-0 Ohio state late in the first. Crane and Somma have scored for the Bucks. Heeter in net again and he has been very good so far.

Comment

3-0 after 1. Albert scored on the PP he now has 2 points tonight he set up the somma goal. Very good period for the Bucks. Heeter made some key saves when it was 0-0 and 1-0 they also killed 2 Bobcat PP's.

Comment

Bucks are looking and solid and Ive been impressed with Chris Crane I thought he looked good last night and tonight he has a goal

Comment

[QUOTE=THE OHIO STATE;4886034]
              Originally posted by Hockeybuckeye View Post
              My assumption is the underclassmen, especially the freshmen may get a lot of ice time over the seniors as Oz feels they are the foundation for the team he wants to build and school is in session for them. I think he's already looking past this season and training them for down the road.

He already made his upperclasmen cuts for this year. He doesn't need to kick the rest of the guys in the " NUTS. " He better play to WIN this year and every year. He will gain youth as the older guys move on. He can WIN more games with a good mix of ages and talent.
              I can see that there's one or two Freshmen that have beat out some of the upperclassmen , but to take all but one Freshmen with him on the road. Coach OZ didn't earn any " BROWNIE POINTS " with the Columbus Blue Jackets Head Coach as his kid was the only Freshmen left behind.

GO BUCKS GO.
              Like I said it's only an assumption on my part. Who knows but Oz on what the real scoop is.

Comment

He doesn't need to kick the rest of the guys in the " NUTS. " He better play to WIN this year and every year. He will gain youth as the older guys move on. He can WIN more games with a good mix of ages and talent.
                Why?

This year is a throw away.

He is here to put his footprint on the program. He has arrived with a truck full of Fleet Enimas and he is going to use them on the program, and I for one salute him.

Guys with attitudes, guys who may have talent but dont fit with what he wants to do...will be shown the door or not played. Freshman are a blank slate - he still doesn't have any of his recruits, but I think he sees them as having potential to be molded while the upper classmen are infected.

I say bully.

I am all in with this approach. Wins mean nothing this year - big picture is what is important.

Comment

Originally posted by Puck Buck View Post
                  Why?

This year is a throw away.

He is here to put his footprint on the program. He has arrived with a truck full of Fleet Enimas and he is going to use them on the program, and I for one salute him.

Guys with attitudes, guys who may have talent but dont fit with what he wants to do...will be shown the door or not played. Freshman are a blank slate - he still doesn't have any of his recruits, but I think he sees them as having potential to be molded while the upper classmen are infected.

I say bully.

I am all in with this approach. Wins mean nothing this year - big picture is what is important.
                  Sounds like what I've been saying but with more emphasis.

Comment

Game Two.

Now that's more like it. WIN 4-0. I just wish we could come out and play that way from day one. This was a team were we had a good chance of sweeping or we should of swept. We need the wins/points against this type of teams because when we play the tougher CCHA teams it's going to be a battle for every point.

" GO BUCKS GO. "
                    " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                      Game Two.

Now that's more like it. WIN 4-0. I just wish we could come out and play that way from day one. This was a team were we had a good chance of sweeping or we should of swept. We need the wins/points against this type of teams because when we play the tougher CCHA teams it's going to be a battle for every point.
                      Don't forget that this team didn't even have an exhibition game. All they had was an intra-squad game. Quinnipiac had a slight advantage for the first game in that they played an exhibition game and had a chance to correct mistakes from that game.

Comment

Congrats on your game two win. Good luck here on out. I think you're team skates hard and can fair a lot better than many of you are giving them credit for or a chance to. Albert and Somma are studs and should both have a great year for you guys. See you in Columbus next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                          Don't forget that this team didn't even have an exhibition game. All they had was an intra-squad game. Quinnipiac had a slight advantage for the first game in that they played an exhibition game and had a chance to correct mistakes from that game.
                          I hear ya. I was surprised that the team didn't play a exhibition game also. I think it hurt the team play on Friday night. It's early and the coach does need to see what he's got for talent young and old. I'm very happy for this program that they have Coach OZ in charge. I just think you still need to play for the WINS as you develop your younger guys.
                          He also left Senior Goalie Dustin Carlson behind and took the Sophomore Goalie along to back up Jr Goalie Cal Heeter????

" GO BUCKEYES GO. "
                          " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

the did not play and/or did not travel list:

Dustin Carlson
                            Alex Carlson
                            Jeff McNeil
                            Brendan Arneil

Corey Toy played the Friday game only while Paul Kirtland played the Saturday game only.

Comment

Originally posted by Draighlicht View Post
                              the did not play and/or did not travel list:

Dustin Carlson
                              Alex Carlson
                              Jeff McNeil
                              Brendan Arneil

Corey Toy played the Friday game only while Paul Kirtland played the Saturday game only.
                              I was really surprised that Senior Goalie Dustin Carlson was not there as a back up Goalie to Cal Heeter. Coach took the Sophomore goalie instead.
                              " PUT ME IN COACH. "

Comment

Originally posted by THE OHIO STATE View Post
                                I was really surprised that Senior Goalie Dustin Carlson was not there as a back up Goalie to Cal Heeter. Coach took the Sophomore goalie instead.
                                That tells me 2 things:

1-Dusty didnt practice well leading up to the trip or
                                2-He wants the 2 goalies who will be here after this season to get the majority of the playing time

Its pretty obvious to me he doesnt care what the seniors think and he may be writing this season off as a learning experience to get the players he will have for more than this year ready in his systems.

If the team that played last night shows up most night it could be a successfull season. Heeter was pretty good friday night from the numbers ive seen. Last night he stole the show in the first 10 minutes or so, giving the team a chance to win the game and they answered the bell.

I said it last year at the begining if heeter is given the chance to win the job he would. that said i want to see Dusty just to see how he responds to being left home last weekend. If he pouts about it and doesnt work hard he may not go on the road all season.

Comment

Working...
                                X