Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSU '10-'11: Can the Beav's Read the W and be in the Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSU '10-'11: Can the Beav's Read the W and be in the Hunt?

Time for a season thread? No? Too bad I guess I figured that with the Green/White scrimmage comming up this Sat, and the BREC open house as part of it, let's get a new thread going.

Here's the offseason thread, and here's the BREC construction one.

So, anyone get to the "Select-A-Seat" night yesterday? I was there yesterday, but not for the select-a-seat event, per say, so I got to go a few places besides just the seating bowl (okay, maybe just about everywhere ). At this point, I'm interested in hearing others impressions. I know what the BREC looks like, I think everyone's seen just about every photo that's out there, and now it's time for first impressions.

It's also time to start talking actual hockey... Likely easy to overlook in the excitement, but BSU actualy will play two games next weekend against #2 UND. The Beavs have been practicing at the City Rink/Neilson-Reise (same building, if you don't know, just two names for it) while they wait for the BREC to be ready. Funny story - I saw a couple players in full pads on a scooter on their way to practice yesterday...
    Last edited by moose97; 10-06-2010, 09:46 AM.
    Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
    B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
    CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
    ECAC:
    HEA: UMass
    NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
    Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Re: BSU '10-'11: Can the Beav's Read the W and be in the Hunt?

As an avid fan of BSU hockey (over the past 30 years or so) playing in a new arena and joining the WCHA is something I have always wanted for this program and it all becomes reality next weekend.

I am eager to see how BSU plays against the UND Fighting Flicker Riders. UND is obviously a solid team and this is a great but difficult test for BSU. Emotions will be flying high no doubt. Will that help or hinder BSU? Welcome to the W boys. I predict a split. In addition, I think the BSU/UND games are going to become a great rivalry series going forward.

I am really not sure where BSU will finish within the conference. Lower third is likely but if they stay healthy and if the impact players can step up and contribute as expected then good things will happen. The big question mark in my opinion is the schedule and the grind that the WCHA brings.

Bottom line......we have a great coaching staff and BSU will show up and give 110% for three periods. Big picture, if the history of this program is indicative of things to come then we will be OK.

Let's play hockey!
    Last edited by gmann; 10-06-2010, 10:36 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

I thought it was smart of Bemidji to wait until after the Sioux series to put single game tickets on sale.....it will limit the amount of North Dakota fans there. Welcome to the WCHA Beavers..... Sioux sweep!

Comment

Went last night and sat in our seats (love 'em) section E on the blue line (attack end) about two rows below the suites.

Really like the BREC for the most part. I would not care for the seats on row 7 (along the walkway). Thought it was a little crowded/awkward along the walkways between the upper and lower levels (between row six and seven I believe). The wall on the student end, even when the bleachers are installed, is very big/tall. They will need to have something there, like "Home of the Beavers" or banners, etc. Do they have blinds or curtains for the windows on the club side - very bright?

Otherwise, very nice. Good lines, good lighting, and for a somewhat larger rink, it still feels intimate, but nothing like the Glas and being on top of the ice. Scoreboard looks sharp. They still have a ways to go for nine days from now.

I saw players there, along with cheerleaders figuring things out.
        Fear the Green

Comment

Saw a clip on Lakeland News last night that students who were shut out of the Student Season Tickets were purchasing regular season tickets. That will help fill the place up with Beaver Fans!!!

I think we are now going to be able to make the scrimmage on Saturday. We had grandpa and grandma all lined up to watch the kids (boy, that sounds odd ) on Thursday, but we will now have to bring the kids with on Saturday as the sitters are busy. Can't wait to see our seats. Section L, Row 8, 3-6.
          Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
          FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
          NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
          NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
          NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
          NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
          Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
          Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
            Really like the BREC for the most part. I would not care for the seats on row 7 (along the walkway). Thought it was a little crowded/awkward along the walkways between the upper and lower levels (between row six and seven I believe).
            When we selected our seats, we were told that the seats in the areas you are talking were not designed to be walkways. People are suppose to use the proper stairway to enter and exit the sections and use the concourse to move between sections. If people decide to use the areas as walkways, we may regret the seats we selected......
            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
              When we selected our seats, we were told that the seats in the areas you are talking were not designed to be walkways. People are suppose to use the proper stairway to enter and exit the sections and use the concourse to move between sections. If people decide to use the areas as walkways, we may regret the seats we selected......
              I think you'll be fine after everyone learns the ropes after a few weeks (I like your cupholders!). I didn't know/couldn't tell if that row was a walk way or not. The rink's small enough so you can take the concourse around to visit someone a few sections away. Hopefully the ushers will do their jobs.

What area of the rink are you at Millsy? I walked around all over the place and got a lot of different perspectives.
              Fear the Green

Comment

Originally posted by Upper Deck View Post
                I think you'll be fine after everyone learns the ropes after a few weeks (I like your cupholders!). I didn't know/couldn't tell if that row was a walk way or not. The rink's small enough so you can take the concourse around to visit someone a few sections away. Hopefully the ushers will do their jobs.

What area of the rink are you at Millsy? I walked around all over the place and got a lot of different perspectives.
                We are in Section L, Row 8 (front row of upper level). It is in the corner on the club end, above an ice level entrance, so there is no lower level section in front of us so we don't have to worry about someone in row 7 standing up and blocking a view. It is the end we defend twice, but now needing four tickets, the finances weren't there this year to put down the extra money for the BeaverPride seats on the sides of the arena.
                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                  I saw a couple players in full pads on a scooter on their way to practice yesterday...
                  Funny you mentioned that, I saw a couple guys sitting in the back of a pickup truck wearing full practice gear. Wondered what the heck was going on, haha!
                  Great moments...are born from great opportunity.
                  THIS IS BEAVER HOCKEY.

Comment

Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                    We are in Section L, Row 8 (front row of upper level). It is in the corner on the club end, above an ice level entrance, so there is no lower level section in front of us so we don't have to worry about someone in row 7 standing up and blocking a view. It is the end we defend twice, but now needing four tickets, the finances weren't there this year to put down the extra money for the BeaverPride seats on the sides of the arena.
                    Ahhh . . . yes. I was looking at that same section too. Great view of BSU end and not too bad, being that high up, on the attack end.
                    Fear the Green

Comment

Edit - Section U Row 14 Seats 11-16.
                      Last edited by gmann; 10-07-2010, 08:59 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just for the record, I am extremely jealous of all of you talking about your seats at the BREC. I will just have to watch from the comforts of my home on TPT-MN here in the cities.
                        2007-2008, 2008-2009, 2009-2010 CHA Regular Season Champions
                        2009 CHA Tournament Champions
                        2009 FROZEN FOUR
                        GO BEAVERS!!!!!!!

Minnesota Gophers- The USC of College Hockey

http://***********/rwhickok

Comment

I'm very excited about this season! I was in the BREC on Tuesday and it is outstanding! I had four tickets Picked out in March but just wanted to see the building! There isn't a bad seat as far as site lines and I love my seats in section L Row 13 . I thought the net might be a problem looking through it, but it doesn't seam to make too much of a difference. I wish I could make it to the scrimmage on Sat. LETS PLAY BEAVER HOCKEY!!!

Comment

Former Beaver Updates:

Matt Dalton is getting the season opening start with the Providence Bruins tonight.

Matt Pope was released from the Manitoba Moose camp and is back with Victoria of the ECHL.

Chris McKelvie has made the Hartford Wolfpack (AHL) roster.

Andrew Murray will start the season on the IR with Columbus (NHL). He has a dinged up knee right now.
                            Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                            Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Facebook photo update one day ahead of the BREC ribbon-cutting/scrimmage:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...d=418666450639
                              Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                              B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                              CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                              ECAC:
                              HEA: UMass
                              NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                              Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Working...
                              X