Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSU '10-'11: Can the Beav's Read the W and be in the Hunt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BSU '10-'11: Can the Beav's Read the W and be in the Hunt?

Hey Geof, I would love to see you guys in the league! Now if your interim President would get off his *** and do some selling........

For Beaver fans that haven't seen this, take a moment to go sign this petition. I know "We Hate Huntsville", but we don't want to see them go away. It only takes a minute or two.

http://www.change.org/petitions/uah-...-on-and-thrive
    Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
    FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
    NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
    NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
    NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
    NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
    Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
    Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

29 Days!!!

We need to get some smack talking going to pass the time, a little woofing maybe...

Comment

Are the Beavs playing Miami Hurricanes or Miami of Ohio?
        Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        29 Days!!!

We need to get some smack talking going to pass the time, a little woofing maybe...

Comment

Originally posted by GoBeavers View Post
          Are the Beavs playing Miami Hurricanes or Miami of Ohio?
          Not the preferred nomenclature!!!

We prefer Miami (Clean) and Miami (Dirty)

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
            We prefer Miami (Clean) and Miami (Dirty)
            If they're Miami (Clean), I hate to see what y'all's dirt is. [Note: not a Beav, but I can make this joke since we play y'all.]

GFM
            Geof F. Morris
            UAH BSE MAE 2002
            UAHHockey.com

Comment

Brady Riesgrad, a defensman with the Fargo Force of the USHL, has verbally committed to BSU. He played his high school hockey at Holy Family in Victoria, MN. He is listed as 5'11" and 160 lbs, from Chaska, MN.

http://www.inforum.com/event/article.../group/Sports/

Eric Stromgren from the Bemidji Pioneer has a highlight video of Brady up on his blog.

http://northsports.areavoices.com/20...bemidji-state/
              Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
              Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Great Matt Read article with one exception - it perpetuates the, "he dominated because he was older than everyone else in college" myth.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ws|text|Sports
                Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                ECAC:
                HEA: UMass
                NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by moose97 View Post
                  Great Matt Read article with one exception - it perpetuates the, "he dominated because he was older than everyone else in college" myth.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/art...ws|text|Sports
                  And just like that, Reado has his first NHL pre-season point with an assist on the Flyers first goal tonight. He played just over 17 minutes (2 and a half on the PP and 4 and a half on the PK) and tied for a team high with 3 SOG.

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/boxscore?gameId=400057682
                  Last edited by moose97; 09-20-2011, 08:32 PM.
                  Current NCAA D-I rinks I've been to:

AHA:
                  B1G: UMich, MSU, UMinn, Notre Dame, OSU, UWisc
                  CCHA: BSU, BG, FSU, LSSU, MSU, MTU, NMU
                  ECAC:
                  HEA: UMass
                  NCHC: Miami, UMD, UND, SCSU, WMU
                  Independant: ASU

Inactive: UAH, ASU, BSU, UMD, UND, NMU, Notre Dame

Comment

So all the positive things we had to say about the conference shake up are now gone.
                    http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._join_nchc.php

All together this kinda sucks, i'm not thrilled at all to see BG replace cloud. With the new conference set up we are now back to where we were in the CHA with one traditional conference rival, this time its mankato. At least with the six team conference there were more opportunities to play Duluth, UND, St. Cloud and Huntsville in non-conference matchup, those are the teams everyone gets excited about playing and now we see them maybe once every other year.

I understand st. cloud accepting the invite, if the shoe were on the other foot i would hope our program would do the same. It just sucks that all of our friends are in a club and were on the outside once again.

Comment

Originally posted by 7&7 View Post
                      So all the positive things we had to say about the conference shake up are now gone.
                      http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new..._join_nchc.php

All together this kinda sucks, i'm not thrilled at all to see BG replace cloud. With the new conference set up we are now back to where we were in the CHA with one traditional conference rival, this time its mankato. At least with the six team conference there were more opportunities to play Duluth, UND, St. Cloud and Huntsville in non-conference matchup, those are the teams everyone gets excited about playing and now we see them maybe once every other year.

I understand st. cloud accepting the invite, if the shoe were on the other foot i would hope our program would do the same. It just sucks that all of our friends are in a club and were on the outside once again.
                      Losing St. Cloud is going to be an in-state loss for the Beavers from a travel standpoint, but SCSU and BSU really haven't had much of a rivalry going, at least from my perspective. SCSU was a lot like Minnesota in terms of playing BSU when they were in the CHA, we will play you, but you have to come to our barn. At least North Dakota, Duluth and Mankato did home and homes with the Beavers.

I still would like to see the WCHA add UAH, just to keep the BSU/UAH rivalry going.......
                      Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                      Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

This really sucks (now). At least SCSU is a MN/regional school. I am not excited about yearly match-ups vs. Bowling Green, Ferris State, etc. Has it really come down to Mankato being the only decent rival? I know we'll see non-conference series, but this is getting depressing. Geez, what's the next decent in-conference rival after 'Kato - - - Northern MI? With a crappier conference now, hopefully they can/might as well rescue UAH and add them.
                        Fear the Green

Comment

I see it as just another part of the changing landscape. Personally I would much rather develop new rivalries with teams like Northern Michigan and Alaska Anchorage etc than continue to be seen as second best or bottom dwellers.

We are a proud team based upon a proud tradition. Let everyone else chase the almighty dollar. I would love to see us extend an invitation to UAH to join the WCHA. Continue the tradition of "Who Hates Huntsville" while wanting only the best for all of college hockey.

The other new conferences seem to be some sort of Ponzi scheme. Money, money, money. Only one winner will come from each conference and the auto-bid. I know our school turns out better scholars and has stronger support than many of those teams. Beaver fans are not fly by night.

If the future of hockey brings us the Chargers, the Purple Eagles or whomever... I know we are making decisions that seem to be for the betterment of hockey for everyone. Rather than cutting the feet out from beneath another program.

Comment

Originally posted by true2BSU View Post
                            I see it as just another part of the changing landscape. Personally I would much rather develop new rivalries with teams like Northern Michigan and Alaska Anchorage etc than continue to be seen as second best or bottom dwellers.

We are a proud team based upon a proud tradition. Let everyone else chase the almighty dollar. I would love to see us extend an invitation to UAH to join the WCHA. Continue the tradition of "Who Hates Huntsville" while wanting only the best for all of college hockey.

The other new conferences seem to be some sort of Ponzi scheme. Money, money, money. Only one winner will come from each conference and the auto-bid. I know our school turns out better scholars and has stronger support than many of those teams. Beaver fans are not fly by night.

If the future of hockey brings us the Chargers, the Purple Eagles or whomever... I know we are making decisions that seem to be for the betterment of hockey for everyone. Rather than cutting the feet out from beneath another program.
                            The problem with UAH is . . . I think BSU (and fans) are the only ones in college hockey who really care about adding them to a conference. Do the UP and Alaska schools really want to travel there? I think we should have a new chant . . . "Who hates Potter" (the SCSU President).

If I had a choice, I'd rather be a fan of a mid-tier finisher in a strong conference instead of being a top dog in a "second-tier" conference with schools that we have no rivalries with. Walk up sales for Alaska and the Ferris States of the world will be poor. Same for the MI schools when BSU/Mankato/Alaska roll into town. I think season tickets will slump some, but like you said, BSU has a good following of die-hard fans. The savior will be non-conference games with MN schools and UND.

It will be interesting to see how this unfolds recruiting-wise. Would a player recruited by SCSU/UMD and BSU rather go to a mid/bottom tier school in the NCHC, but playing more attractive competition - OR - would he rather go to a top tier school in a less attractive conference?

In the end, it's a much better situation than the program was in five years ago, but . . .
                            Last edited by Upper Deck; 09-22-2011, 08:31 AM.
                            Fear the Green

Comment

hey just wondering what if anything happened to Phil brewer, didnt see him on your roster for this year thnks

Comment

Originally posted by bakdraft21 View Post
                                hey just wondering what if anything happened to Phil brewer, didnt see him on your roster for this year thnks
                                Looks like he is still a BSU recruit, just will be coming in nexty year instead.
                                Millsy

FROZEN FOUR 2009!

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                                Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84

Comment

Working...
                                X